• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

E3 in june..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
All PlayStation exclusive, I've noticed. Square seems to haved backpedalled a fair bit on being multi platform.
That's what happens when platform holders approach them with sacks of money in hand. Sony wants console exclusivity, and especially for the FF brand to be associated with Playstation.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
All PlayStation exclusive, I've noticed. Square seems to haved backpedalled a fair bit on being multi platform.
It's like 7 to 12 all over again.

Nah, what is happening is that SE figured out how to game the system. Sony moneyhats for one year exclusivity overall, then Epic Games moneyhats for one year exclusive PC rights, then Microsoft moneyhats for Game Pass.

All of these games end up being multiplatform but SE doesn’t have to spend nearly as much as they would have had to before to make each version. Also means they have more time to work on each version instead of being rushed to get all versions out of the door at once.

It’s genius.

That's what happens when platform holders approach them with sacks of money in hand. Sony wants console exclusivity, and especially for the FF brand to be associated with Playstation.

Yep. That too!

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
With FF Origins, FF16, Endwalker and a possibly 7R Part 2, I’m starting to doubt we’ll get anything KH related. Have they ever presented so many FF games at one event?
To be fair, Endwalker itself might not be at E3. They just had Fanfest and the 5.55 patch, with the reveal of the Reaper job and the extended trailer. Have they ever spotlighted XIV at E3?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
To be fair, Endwalker itself might not be at E3. They just had Fanfest and the 5.55 patch, with the reveal of the Reaper job and the extended trailer. Have they ever spotlighted XIV at E3?
XIV usually has a big presence at E3, but I don't think they had big explosions of news and content right before the event in previous years. Since that's not the case this time around, it's likely they may forgo it or just show off the same material if they even to bother at all.

AegisXIII

Awards
PS4 was the era of PSone remakes. What if PS5 will be the era of PS2 remakes?

DraceEmpressa

Awards
wow..... how much millions did they pay for that? I do know some games didn't sell well on some platforms, but another may sell dozens of thousands in another, and how does that payment top that possible dozens of thousands copies in overall revenue?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
wow..... how much millions did they pay for that? I do know some games didn't sell well on some platforms, but another may sell dozens of thousands in another, and how does that payment top that possible dozens of thousands copies in overall revenue?
"dozens of thousands" isn't considered a significant number by most game publishers.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I mean I get wanting to save the big announcement for the 20th anniversary but at the same time, KH at E3 just has that "feeling", y'know?
Who knows, maybe Nomura does tease Kingdom Hearts as per request of Square Enix but I feel it's unlikely just because he seems to currently be promoting NEO The World Ends With You and Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Who knows, maybe Nomura does tease Kingdom Hearts as per request of Square Enix but I feel it's unlikely just because he seems to currently be promoting NEO The World Ends With You and Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade.
He'd also need to receive permission from PR since they adhere to a strict schedule regarding what they can share at any given time. But the main reason any announcement is unlikely is because Nomura genuinely seems to have learned from past mistakes of revealing new games too early.

Take all the recent games he's been involved with. MoM, NTWEWY, and Intergrade were all announced within a year prior to their release. If the next KH game is still too far off, he may not want to make any mention of it just yet, and that's really for the best.

Awards
That old rumor just got another thing right with the Dragon Quest III Remake.

This doesn't point to KH at E3 buuuuut it does give more hope toward "Project Oath" probably being a real thing.

Of course it could've just been an educated guess as well.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Whatever is next for Kingdom Hearts, I also hope they don't announce it too soon.
Dragon Quest 12 was just announced and some people are disappointed that only the logo was shown. Not even the main character.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Whatever is next for Kingdom Hearts, I also hope they don't announce it too soon.
Dragon Quest 12 was just announced and some people are disappointed that only the logo was shown. Not even the main character.
Tbh if the next game is titled KHIV I think the logo by itself would be enough to excite fans. Maybe not all of them like with DQ12 but I get the feeling a lot will be

Last edited:

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Tbh if the next game is titled KHIV I think the logo by itself would be enough to excite fans. Maybe not all of them like with DQ12 but I get the feeling a lot will be
I don't think it's worthy. In the beginning the hype takes over and fans get happy that something is coming. But then most of us start expecting news at every major event and get disappointed when we don't get anything and instead we have long periods of silence

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't think it's worthy. In the beginning the hype takes over and fans get happy that something is coming. But then most of us start expecting news at every major event and get disappointed when we don't get anything and instead we have long periods of silence
If this thread is anything to go by, people will make a fuss regardless of whether they announce it early or closer to release.

Patience is a virtue.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Take all the recent games he's been involved with. MoM, NTWEWY, and Intergrade were all announced within a year prior to their release. If the next KH game is still too far off, he may not want to make any mention of it just yet, and that's really for the best.
I'm so glad he's taking this approach, it means that fans don't overhype themselves whilst waiting for his upcoming games.

Perkilator

Awards
Apologies if I deviate a bit; if Sora and/or Crash was revealed as the next Smash fighter at E3 this year, I'd die a happy man.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The fashionably late Nintendo finally announced their plans this morning and yet we still don't have anything concrete from S-E with 2 weeks left. Maybe they're going to be at MS or Big N instead of their own show?

Back