• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

EA's "Skate": Argueably the BEST Skateboard Simulater

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
Has anyone heard of this game? Its a Tony Hawks killer. Contrary to the arcade-like system of Tony Hawk, EA's Skate is an accurate simulator of the true sport of skateboarding. Using an innovative control scheme, physics, and online features, EA's skate is definately bound to kick Tony Hawk off of its throne. The best pros in the sport are involved in both the game itself and its development. ie: Mark Gonzales, Danny Way, Mike Carrol, and many more. My words cannot express this game's potential, so heres a few videos.

YouTube - First Official Gameplay Footage of Skate (Better Quality)

First gameplay trailer

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Umm, yeah, those controls would piss me off. I'd rather have button presses than using the right analog stick to do half-circles and up-down's just to do tricks and crap

Haku

<3
This game looks way better than the Tony Hawk games because most of his games are just about the same with slight improvements here and there so its great to see something that looks a lot better.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I dont know... I have my doubts whether this plays nicely or not... The camera being below you gives me the vision we end up with wishing the skater in front of the camera was invisible. He takes up a lot of space on the screen...

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Like I said, the camera is real low behind the player. You don't have any overview, you can't exactly get ready for what's coming, as the low camera point disables you from looking too far ahead...

Doctor Manhattan

Right Click, Save As
No, I don't like it that much. I think it will be difficult for me if it was difficult for me to do a gorgon finisher in the original God Of War. 'Sides, button presses are concrete and absolute, and with those control schemes you might end up doing a kickflip pop-shove it instead of a mctwist or something.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
It's EA. Need I say more?

And the camera angle looks fine. I mean, it could be weird, but since the 'flickit' controls are the right stick, I'm guessing it could be a fixed camera angle. Who knows

Iwrestledabearonce

&#916;drug gang&#916;
Awards
Has the potential to be epic. . . we'll have to see what it does. I for one, will be picking this game up when it comes out.

D

Deleted member 36435

I may wait a little after its launch to get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back