• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ed Boon: 'Mortal Kombat 9' Will Be Rated M

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade737

Silver Member
mk9fatalities.jpg

June 19, 2009 - Hoping for another Teen rated Mortal Kombat game? Yeah, me neither. And it looks like the development team agrees.

Longtime series creator Ed Boon has made known new information regarding his upcoming title, tentatively being called Mortal Kombat 9.

"U r absolutely right. People want an M-rated MK....dammit we will give them an M-rated MK," he wrote in response to a reader on his twitter feed.

He also discussed a bit about how the game's new fatalities will look, suggesting perhaps they'll be extremely violent.

"Motion capturing special moves & fatalities today....they are kind of sick !!," he wrote. "

Carlos & Rick O. doin some kool fatalities. I hope we aren't taking these too far. :("

Boon also confirmed the game will no longer contain any super heroes, and that in no way would this be an AO rated game.

We reached out to Boon to comment and perhaps spill some more details, but he told IGN we'll have to wait before new information can be revealed. But hey, at least this confirms the twitter account is actually Ed's and not some faker.
IGN: Ed Boon: 'Mortal Kombat 9' Will Be Rated M

Finally they realize why people bought their games the the first place.

For the blood and the M rated violence and a bit for the fighting.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
That is a relife to hear. I don't want another DCvsMK game again.

Shade737

Silver Member
I don't see how any of you liked DCvsMK.
I think what he meant to say is that not wanting another DCvsMK game is a bad thing since if they make a next one they could actually have blood and gore.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards
Blood and gore don't make a game obviously.. But it made Mortal Kombat what it was, people played the game just to see Scorpion take off his mask and burn someone to death, or Sub-Zero ripping out someone spine, well at least I did, the innovation of Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe was unique and fun and all, but it didn't feel like classic Mortal Kombat. I for one can't wait for Mortal Kombat 9.. I have to ask my mom to buy it though ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back