• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editing Process of Jap and Eng ver.KH2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Ah yes the editing process that can either make or break the game, yet diffrentiates heavily from what we see in the trailers. For those of you who have seen the interviews and all the trailers im sure you have already noticed a various number of changes. There were many a handful of things that neither version of the game got. If there is more than that let me know plz.

Edited out (Both)
1. Hollow Bastion's old look (Original Idea wouldnt grab new concept of kh2 i guess o_O?)
2. Sora and Roxas fight (They didnt make it a playable battle, no idea why nomura took it out?)
3. Trailers were for promotional purposes and the scenes of HB are completly gone. (That scene where sora rushes to strike the leader...edited out and deleted)

Eng Ver.KH2
1. We got sanctuary (the passion sounds better in my opinion >.>)
2. They put in a flashback from final mix (yet we never fought EM which was a rip off!)
3. Some of the voices had flow at moments, but compared with the jap they were on point with the voices.

Jap Ver.KH2
1. They got the passion (The song was in jap but sounded better and had more flow)
2. All voices and cutscenes made sense.
3. They actually understood the EM flashback (lucky, they got to fight him >.>)

Sweet Raine

so miserable is our love
wikipedia said:
The Hydra boss in Olympus Coliseum has its green blood from the Japanese version changed into black and purple smoke in the English version. An earlier cutscene retains the green blood.

The World That Never Was boss Xigbar's telescopic sight view has been edited from the Japanese version to replace its crosshair with three circles and remove the black shading around the sides that implied a telescopic sight. An attack animation was also altered; in the Japanese version, Xigbar combined his two hand-held guns to create a sniper rifle, which was used to snipe the player's party during the telescoping sight sequence. In the English version, Xigbar's animation does not combine his guns, instead twirling them around, and shooting at Sora with a single gun.

Port Royal contains the most content edits. Cutscenes have been edited to remove some of the violence such as Barbossa's sword sticking out of Jack Sparrow's chest in one scene. Another edit has William Turner not aim his gun at his head as he threatens to commit suicide. Undead pirates, who act as enemies at certain times, do not catch fire when affected by Fire magic in the English version, unlike the Japanese version. Furthermore, the pirates' musketes have been slightly modified so to resemple crossbows, though they still fire with an audible shooting sound effect, and Sora's reaction command in response to this is still named "Return Fire".

bah, that is so unfair. V__V i wanna see them catch fire...

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Im amazed at how the editing process manages to cut out so much material, they must have felt certain things weren't neccessary. The english version of KH could have really used the EM fight, so why would they put that same cutscene in the eng ver of KH2 and half the ppl are saying wtf is that from? The whole hydra blood thing also even though it was minor, it still sucks that they cut it out and changed it.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
What do you mean? The Kingdom Hearts 2 in Japan and the Kingdom Hearts 2 in North America are virtually the same. The only thing that is different is that fact they they have different languages and the Japanese disk won't play on an North American PS2 with out a mod chip. Also the Japanese version and the North American version do have different Theme songs but so what.

The only extra that was included in the Japanese version was Sora's hand writing in the Jiminy's Jounral. We don't need to see Sora's hand writing well should I say Nomura's.

Other than that. Most of the stuff that was in the old traliers was cut out of both final products just like you said. So what is the deal?

Well the Japanese did get Final Mix though, And we just got Kingdom Hearts, but now we just have to deal with it.

Last edited:

Doctor Manhattan

Right Click, Save As
i read an interview saying in kh2 at the end of a level it would rate you of how many dies you had,how many heartless killed etc.(like ff:crystal cronicles)and you would get more and more powerful ablilities depending on how well you did.Also,you cold make a custom keyblade with hard-to-find material.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
mastersepiroth said:
i read an interview saying in kh2 at the end of a level it would rate you of how many dies you had,how many heartless killed etc.(like ff:crystal cronicles)and you would get more and more powerful ablilities depending on how well you did.Also,you cold make a custom keyblade with hard-to-find material.

Thats been cut out awhile ago. Along with the rating system and getting an ability for getting a high rank, which includes finishing the world in that time limit and stuff. Alot of stuff was cut from Kingdom Hearts 2. Just like having the day time and night time element.

keyblademaster42

Bronze Member
Awards
unknown_light45 said:
wasn't there gunna be a tarzan world in kh2?

No Cause The company that owns Tarzans rights got mad at disney for allowing it in kh1 thats y its not in com
what i wanted in the game that they took out was in the 1000 heartless battle u were going to get to battle the 2 behemoths and the blue Wyverns

O

Oberon

keyblademaster42 said:
No Cause The company that owns Tarzans rights got mad at disney for allowing it in kh1 thats y its not in com
what i wanted in the game that they took out was in the 1000 heartless battle u were going to get to battle the 2 behemoths and the blue Wyverns
Yeah, I was looking forward to the Behemoths, but I guess square was handcuffed, and couldn't make the decision, and besides, it would've added difficulty the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back