• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Emancipation Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Alright this is a rather long story, my mom gets a call from my English teacher today turns out that I am disturbance in the class. Anyway this leads to an argument with my mother, it progressed; then I came out and said that I don't know if I fully believe in Christianity yet, or at all. She got pissed(since Christianity is her and my fathers Religion) and well we got into a bigger fight. She grounded me and used what little power she could to take other stuff away from me. Back to the main point, she no longer accepts me, due to my beliefs, therefore, she said that she is going to take me down to wherever it is, and get me Emancipated.

I don't see how she can Emancipate me just cause she doesn't accept me? All I did was argue with her a little, and stated my beliefs, why should I be kicked out for that? Any who, can she literally go down and get me Emancipated?

Last edited:

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I don't see how she can Emancipate me just cause she doesn't accept me? All I did was argue with her a little, and stated my beliefs, why should I be kicked out for that? Any who, can she literally go down and get me Emancipated?

Can she even do that? Arnt there requirements, like consent or reason?

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Can she even do that? Arnt there requirements, like consent or reason?

That is what I fucking would like to know, I mean hell we treat each other like shit, but my dad still loves me so I am at least hoping that he will try to let me stick around for two more years. I don't know, my mom stormed out about 20 minutes ago in rage so I am home alone at the moment. So my dad doesn't know about her wanting me gone.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
That is what I fucking would like to know, I mean hell we treat each other like shit, but my dad still loves me so I am at least hoping that he will try to let me stick around for two more years. I don't know, my mom stormed out about 20 minutes ago in rage so I am home alone at the moment. So my dad doesn't know about her wanting me gone.

I dont know the laws around this, especially because they differ in each area but I would say you would need a judge to rule for it. That is why I would suggest fighting it, if you cant talk her out of it of course. You still have your Dad's opinion so it might not come to that, I hope for your sake it doesnt.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I dont know the laws around this, especially because they differ in each area but I would say you would need a judge to rule for it. That is why I would suggest fighting it, if you cant talk her out of it of course. You still have your Dad's opinion so it might not come to that, I hope for your sake it doesnt.

You and me both, I don't like any of this, but then again, I don't want to be alienated in my own house. Who wants to be somewhere there not welcome?

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
You and me both, I don't like any of this, but then again, I don't want to be alienated in my own house. Who wants to be somewhere there not welcome?

I cant imagine what that would be like.

At least you arnt alone with her, you have your dad. If you do have to leave, will you be able to get a place to live? Would they give you money?

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I cant imagine what that would be like.

At least you arnt alone with her, you have your dad. If you do have to leave, will you be able to get a place to live? Would they give you money?

I would have to go live at the fucking assurance home (an orphanage basically.) which is not a cool place.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I would have to go live at the fucking assurance home (an orphanage basically.) which is not a cool place.

And they really think that is better?

wiki said:
In most states, the minor must file a petition with the family court in the applicable jurisdiction, formally requesting emancipation and citing reasons why it is in their best interest to be emancipated. The minor must prove financial self-sufficiency

It says that the minor must ask for an emancipation. I dont think they can get one for you unless you want to. I havnt found anything about parents seeking it without the minor's consent. I dont think it is legal.

I dont really know a lot about this but I dont think they can just kick you out with no support. I would think they need to give you enough money to survive.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
And they really think that is better?

It says that the minor must ask for an emancipation. I dont think they can get one for you unless you want to. I havnt found anything about parents seeking it without the minor's consent. I dont think it is legal.

I dont really know a lot about this but I dont think they can just kick you out with no support. I would think they need to give you enough money to survive.

They can still put me a damn home.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
That'll be a unique case:

Someone getting emancipated against their will

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Noting that sanity is a point of view... Mine is s
As far as I know you can't be emancipated without a permanant place of residence, and a steady job to support yourself. Without those I'm pretty sure it is illegal.

It sounds like a scare tactic to me. I'd recommend looking up some sites online.

Emancipation of minors - laws | LII / Legal Information Institute

I found this, look up your state and see if you can find anyhting out about the laws for your area. Also if you can find out where the laws might be located look in your library, if it is big enough it might have some books that can help you.

Try to appeal to your dad and avoid all topics involving religion (though I'll bet you have already been doing that). I'm pretty sure she can't do anyhting she is probably just trying to scare you into doing what she wants. Some people when they realize they no longer have control they resort to creating control in other ways even if it involves lying.

Camilo101

Yeah I *would* think your mom's just worried about you, but if she's trying to get you emancipated that's not right at all. It's like she's rejecting you just because you don't believe, and that's not what God wanted us to do. I know you don't believe in God, but if your mother loved you and really wanted to follow God' word then she would never give up on trying to save you. Maybe that one guy is right and it is just a scare tactic, but still you should let her know that this is not what God wants her to do to her son.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Wait, so your mother's freeing you? Wish mine did that. D;

Anyway, sounds crazy - it's just that your dear ol' mum has the maternal instinct throbbing in her head, and she's being overprotective as a result. If not,then she's being a real pain in the neck..

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
If this is JUST happening now, maybe your mom just needs some time to cool off.
Go to your dad for support, if you can.
THEY cannot emancipate you, the law says they must shelter and feed you until you are 18.

I hope everything calms down =/

S

Shadow Soldier

Well fag, you won't like Canada. Parent's can kick their kid out whether they like it or not. Get a job, suck it up.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Well fag, you won't like Canada. Parent's can kick their kid out whether they like it or not. Get a job, suck it up.

Nothing to suck up, a straight man, knows how to deal with his problems, so I don't know why you think you would know what to do.

S

Shadow Soldier

Except I'm not gay, but alright. I guess you missed that part of the thread....

If a straight man knows how to deal with his problems, and you are asking for help here, you must be in the same boat as me.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Except I'm not gay, but alright. I guess you missed that part of the thread....

If a straight man knows how to deal with his problems, and you are asking for help here, you must be in the same boat as me.

Denial is the first stage bro, don't worry you being gay is nothing to be ashamed of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back