• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ender's Game Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolts

Personally, this is my favorite series. The author, Orson Acott Card seems to understand the human mind completly and still manages to be able to contemplate it and ask questions. This series has even been described as "a saga of the ethical evolution of humanity, a concept seldom attempted before and never realized with the success Card acheived here." -Booklist
Anyways, this is an amazing series and please post your opinions about it here.
Ender's Game
Speaker For the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the Mind

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Oh god, I love Card.

I finished Ender's saga a few weeks ago, and I just finished Shadow of the Hegemon yesterday.

I'm waiting for my library to get their copy of Shadow Puppets back in.

Which was your favorite book/saga?

Aqua

I have only read Ender's Game (I found it on my library's for sale shelf, the donated books they sell to raise money). I thought it was pretty good, but I do not know if I will read any more in the series. I was a good story, though, with a deep plot line.

Jopari

Yeah, Ender's Game rocks. I really enjoyed Speaker, it was nice. Card is a genius when he writes. I just read another of his books, "Empire." It was a near future civil war book, but he portrays it so well, and you feel like the characters are real.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
^I'm surprised you don't hate him, Blake. He IS LDS.

Anyway, I loved the books, but I thought he tried too hard at some points in Ender's Game. Like, "ENDER IS TEH BRAIN. DID YEW KNOW HE ISH TEH BRAIN?"

Jes, jes j00 phool. D:< iNo hee ish teh brian! >:eek:!

I loved Xenocide. And Speaker. >.>;

...:3

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Ender's saga kind of spiraled off to me.

Ender's game was awesome, same with Speaker, but after that it seemed more about the metaphorical implications then the novel itself.

And he really didn't try to hard, it's the way Ender would've been seen.

All of humanity was riding on him, he actually was that important.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Calm down, man, jeez. In MY opinion, the AUTHOR was trying too hard. Not Ender. Duh.

I mean, at SOME points, he went much too far out of his way to say, "Look! Ender's smart!" At that point, you've (assuming you have a brain) fully grasped this concept. Maybe it was for the stupid readers or something. I don't know.

Your contradiction was extremely annoying and pointless. Don't tell me MY interpretation of the book is wrong just because it doesn't completely line up with yours.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Calm down, man, jeez. In MY opinion, the AUTHOR was trying too hard. Not Ender. Duh.

I mean, at SOME points, he went much too far out of his way to say, "Look! Ender's smart!" At that point, you've (assuming you have a brain) fully grasped this concept. Maybe it was for the stupid readers or something. I don't know.

Your contradiction was extremely annoying and pointless. Don't tell me MY interpretation of the book is wrong just because it doesn't completely line up with yours.

Wow.

I never said you were wrong.

I just said that it made sense for the author to do it that way.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Liar, but whatever.

:/

Anyway, I really lost interest in the books about Bean after the first one. I just couldn't bring myself to care THAT much. XP

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Liar, but whatever.

:/

Anyway, I really lost interest in the books about Bean after the first one. I just couldn't bring myself to care THAT much. XP

Alright.

Also, Shadow of the Hegemon was good.

Sure it wasn't as good as Ender's Shadow, but the character's were more fleshed out in the Battle School novels. They were way easier to identify with.

Jopari

I was gonna ask if your school even has it, because from what you said they don't even have Pern books.

But then I remembered LDS.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
The MIDDLE school didn't have Pern books.

The High school has Pern books.

Gosh. Shut up about my adorable town, Wapanese Boy. Psh.

Anyway, did anyone else (voluntarily or otherwise) despise the attempts at "slang" and "culture" of the boys in the Battle School? Neh? Eh?

Maybe it was just me. I mean, no book is flawless, but c'MON, Card. My gosh.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
"Same day nobody ever did two battles!" said Crazy Tom.
Ender answered in the same tone. "Nobody ever beat Dragon Army, either. This be your big chance to lose?"

Yes, it's a tad bit overboard.

Jopari

Perhaps the slang goes a bit overboard, but at least it has personality.

Not like I can understand my own generation's slang anywho.

Jopari

If it bothers you then look it up. If he doesn't explain then it's not really important. The Portuguese doesn't bother me though, I like it.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Not like I can understand my own generation's slang anywho.

._. Are you sure you're one to talk about slang?

And you're too young to be nostalgic. XP

+Rep for that IDK thing, Jolts. I lawl'd hard.

I was fine with the Portugese 'cause I took Spanish before, so I got most of it, but I can see where it'd be annoying if you couldn't understand it. XP I guess you're supposed to utilize those conteckst clues or something? oh wellz.

The language and the slang were just ways for Card to play up Ender's brain again.

"He quickly caught onto the rhythm of the slang" or whatever is in the first book... That's supposed to reflect his ability to adapt, and his concious decision to adapt, whereas the Portugese is meant to show his intelligence off. "oo he lurn langwitch @ oldr aeg!1he ish teh smrt!"

Ender used Muzzy Tapes. I swear it. >:/

EDIT: Vete, Jopari! Tu eres un hijo de la puta!

:O! mean words! But I don't mean it. o.o;

DON'T TELL MAH MOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back