• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Enemy HP

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think the enemies in Days had too much HP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Please read before voting.

Did anyone find enemy HP to be a problem?

I know people who have watched vids or played the Japanese version to find HP to be a problem, and I agree with them. The JP version of this game overdid it. However, what about the US version of the game?

Having played both Normal and Proud mode, I never really found it to be a problem. Most enemys had moderate HP, with the only tanks being bosses (expected) and tougher heartless such as Large Armors and some of those fliers. Otherwise, the monsters were taken down fairly quickly. Some monsters have a higher defense in condition of being weak to magic, so it's clear what to do there.

That being said, it confuses me when people who bash the game add "enemy HP" as a problem. When I read these things, I'm questioning if they really had trouble with enemy HP or they were just looking for any little thing to bash the game on. If it was the JP version of the game, then yes, bash on. But the NA release? There's no comparison. If you think the NA release is bad, look up YouTube vids of some monsters, or even Xion's Final Form.

[youtube]5-m_oIPagPM[/youtube]

Of course, since it's one of the final boss battles, I don't mind the HP too much. But after comparing it with the NA final form, it's a big change.

[youtube]LwIM62YLMgU[/youtube]

Sometimes I feel that people only think we have enemies with high HP after we heard so many HP complaints from those who played the JP release so we were expecting the same whenever we couldn't kill a heartless in two hits and were generally unaware that we had a Health Point cut, but maybe I'm wrong. What are your opinions? Do you think the NA version of Days had enemies with too much HP or not?

Last edited:

QUEST

The only thing I have a problem with is:
Emerald Serenades have too much HP for you to chase them around...
It always takes me like 20-30+ mins to kill them -_-

Sacred X

Freshmeat

I never had much of a problem with them. Blizzara freezes them 100% of the time. Combine that with Fire, which does major damage multiplied by attacking a frozen monster, and you have a dead Serenade. Plus if they're flamed by the Fire magic, they have a chance of being burned. When they're burned, aside from HP sapping away, they seem to slow down, which makes for easier chasing and comboing.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
^ Hmm I should try that. xD I think some of the enemies had high HP in the US version but after seeing those videos above I feel lucky.xD

QUEST

I never had much of a problem with them. Blizzara freezes them 100% of the time. Combine that with Fire, which does major damage multiplied by attacking a frozen monster, and you have a dead Serenade. Plus if they're flamed by the Fire magic, they have a chance of being burned. When they're burned, aside from HP sapping away, they seem to slow down, which makes for easier chasing and comboing.
I didn't have much effective magic when I did these, so thanks for the enlightenment :)

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
But it's hard to aim Blizzaras at a flying enemy, because the spell slopes downwards. I prefer Thunder against the Serenades.

And I did grow to dislike the hp of some of those irritating wonderland units.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
But it's hard to aim Blizzaras at a flying enemy, because the spell slopes downwards. I prefer Thunder against the Serenades.

And I did grow to dislike the hp of some of those irritating wonderland units.

There was never really a need to cast blizzara to a air-born-only enemy. However, it still was very possible if you're close to the enemy. Still, fire was generally the way to go with those enemies.

I believe Wonderland, and maybe Neverland, were the only worlds with annoying enemies. Wonderland because of those teleporting bastards, and Neverland due to constant levitation. However, I noticed Wonderland enemies generally died with the cast of one magic spell, which was usually fire. I enjoyed fire due to its homing ability and high damage combination.

QUEST

There was never really a need to cast blizzara to a air-born-only enemy. However, it still was very possible if you're close to the enemy. Still, fire was generally the way to go with those enemies.

I believe Wonderland, and maybe Neverland, were the only worlds with annoying enemies. Wonderland because of those teleporting bastards, and Neverland due to constant levitation. However, I noticed Wonderland enemies generally died with the cast of one magic spell, which was usually fire. I enjoyed fire due to its homing ability and high damage combination.

Neverland was probably my favorite world, because it didn't have the bs music it had in KH1 & CoM
When you got knocked off, you just hit y and you were fine again.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Neverland was probably my favorite world, because it didn't have the bs music it had in KH1 & CoM
When you got knocked off, you just hit y and you were fine again.

I enjoyed Neverland mostly, but what got annoying sometimes was the enemies would change their level, so I had to change myself to go to the corresponding level. It mainly proved to be a nuisance with timed missions, but otherwise it was fine. Only Wonderland generally contained the enemies that would run away and disappear on me midbattle, though.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Yes and no. (I found it sad that regular Heartless that higher HP than Sephiroth in KH2. I know, I know, two different games, but still)

But as enemies got more HP, Roxas got stronger, too. So it wasn't much of a problem. (and normally, magic makes it less time consuming)

Xorbok

I just think that the big bodies and the serenades were a little diffacult. But the hp is not at the top of my bad things of days list.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Did anyone find enemy HP to be a problem?
i think it was a problem, aggravating mostly.
i enjoyed the challenge but the amount of time just to kill one body armor was ridiculous.

lol, u actually chased them.
i just sit in one spot and used fire each time they passed me.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
The amount of enemy HP in Days never bothered me at all. It just made it a bit more challenging and fun.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Sheesh, if you guys didn't think so badly of the HP, why is the poll not in our favor? I have a feeling people may have voted before reading the thread.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Unless they reduced heartless damage, they just made it less monotonous. Square usually releases games that are harder in NA, but they usually turn around and rerelased their games with what the NA had, PLUS with other additions.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I loved them having more HP, it made the fights that little bit more difficult and gave you an incentive to get your attack power and levels as high as they could go, rather than just levelling up for sake of getting to a high level.

A

Azrael

People bitch too much. The NA version was enough of a challenge more so than I at some parts.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
Blizzaga worked better, Blizzara needed to be timed better. Only against the first Serenade did you need to actually aim, and I found it very easy to Blizzara it as it passed through the tunnel at water level. Blizzara's burst of ice lasts a good while and freezes the thing as soon as it touches it.

The fatass big bodies had too much Hp, other than that I didnt think Hp was a problem
No, they didn't. Every single one of them was dramatically weak against a particular element, which generally knocked off a full bar (generally more) of its HP with a single cast AND caused them to fall down, which caused them to take more damage, which caused them to generally be two-three shot enemies every time (if Magic is allowed... stupid take no damage challenge with Xaldin... x.x)

∞;4580284 said:
I loved them having more HP, it made the fights that little bit more difficult and gave you an incentive to get your attack power and levels as high as they could go, rather than just levelling up for sake of getting to a high level.
It also gave an incentive to strategize and choose an effective way of taking an enemy down rather than just bum-rushing them and cleaving through a bar+ with each swing of the Keyblade *coughKH2cough*

Basically, for anyone but Shadow Soldier, the HP bars aren't too crazy. The only enemy I think had a shitton more health than it should have had was the Dustflier. :< The thing's annoying as is. Too much health on that monstrocity.

Also, not sure you should be posting videos of final boss in the non-spoiler section.

Another comment >_>; NA guy sucks in those vids. First guy won in ~2.5 minutes... second took ~4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back