• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English BbS Trailer + Game Play Videos

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khlover7

I might return
Re: E3 English BbS Trailer

It could be just me, but when Aqua is protecting Experiment 626 from the Unversed her voicing seems a little off. MX sounds like Yoda Dx

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Aqua does sound less then what I expected. But her "He's not as weak as you think." line gives me hope.

Ademaa

I thought Aqua's VA did a really good job so far, though if anything her voice sounds a little too deep for Aqua (which isn't necessarily a problem). The key thing is delivery and she didn't take any Steve Burton or Xion-esque pauses mid sentence. She is who I'm most looking forward to hearing more of.

HJO did a better job than I was expecting however, his voice lacks the suave evil fluidness that his japanese VA had which is a bit of a let down (Also there won't be any high pitched giggle!).

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.

Aqua does sound less then what I expected. But her "He's not as weak as you think." line gives me hope.
This is true, but as far as I can tell that was her only good line. Everyhting else seems to be lacking the right type of emotion and passion that Aqua is supposed to be all about.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

This is true, but as far as I can tell that was her only good line. Everyhting else seems to be lacking the right type of emotion and passion that Aqua is supposed to be all about.

Well there was "Oh... um... ;0_0 may I try on the glass slipper...?" that I think was delivered well. Plus if you look at the youtube videos asir (with the backwards R) posted in these threads, you'll notice Aqua's voice sounds much better in other scenes. Plus voices always sound more polished in gameplay than in trailers and I do mean always.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Well there was "Oh... um... ;0_0 may I try on the glass slipper...?" that I think was delivered well. Plus if you look at the youtube videos asir (with the backwards R) posted in these threads, you'll notice Aqua's voice sounds much better in other scenes. Plus voices always sound more polished in gameplay than in trailers and I do mean always.

I agree. I think it was really only the charm dialogue that was a bit off, but the VAing will probably improve when more trailers are released.

αsiя

space coke

lol im the only asir here

Also notice that Aqua sounds scripted in the Paoupu scene, well that's the fist scenes in the game and that means the first time Willa actually doing voice work, you'll notice that she starts getting better along the way.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

αsiя;5103295 said:
lol im the only asir here

Also notice that Aqua sounds scripted in the Paoupu scene, well that's the fist scenes in the game and that means the first time Willa actually doing voice work, you'll notice that she starts getting better along the way.

Yeah but I didn't want to feel like I was misspelling or anything and I don't know how to make a backwards R lol.

Yeah, I'd agree that Willa Holland gets better as time goes on. The only dialogue to me that sounded odd was the Paoupu fruit scene which like you said, is probably because it's the first time she's doing voice work.

Ralz

Just survived a -gasm.

Terra, Eraqus and Ven are fine enough for me. Actually, Eraqus sounds really awesome.

Master Xehanort will need some serious getting used to. I've heard his Japanese voice too much and expect Nimoy to be able to recreate that. Aqua is fair enough. There's a small lack of emotion here and there, but the final product will tell the tale.

Despite the possible letdowns, Vanitas instantly makes everything better. If Aqua and MX end up sounding boring and worthless, Vanitas will still fix it all.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oh, just release the game already, SE! I'm tired of waiting!

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

I think Aqua sounds like a man.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

They should have gotten Madonna to voice Aqua /sarcasm

Seriously, am I the only one that is in love with her voice? I even thought the slipper line was awesome.

ispoiledmyself

IMO of the VA's

Terra = Good I likeeee
Ven = Good but i wasnt worried at all about his voice
Aqua = X__X sucks i am extremely dissapointed her voice is too deep and they got an actress who has never voice acted before.
MX = Liked it from the start and he does actually sound villanous
Eraqus = Dont really cuuuurrrr
Vanitas = Oh hell yeah!

I got some getting used to Aquas voice to do. I went from hating it from the first E3 Highly Anticipated Games Trailer, to liking it from the Gameplay BBS site, to disliking it on this E3 trailer =/

everydaygamer

i'm guessing they just dubbed over the japanese trailer rather then making a new trailer which is why it sounds odd. the VA's are good they sound rough at places but of course the new comers will have to get used to there roles first while the veterans continue to do an awesome job. can't wait till September.

Pestilence

Awards

I think Aqua sounds like a man.

It seems like every woman in anime and japanese video games need to sound like 9 year olds or else theyr ''manly'' ;).

I think Aqua will sound lot better with proper music, sound effects and no trailer cutting in her scenes. For example the ''look out'' scene sound redicilous without the sound effects of keyblade and unversed deaths.

Ixbran

ive got this theory of the blue light saber man.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

eclaire21

The place where Paradise Drop-outs are dumped ~ RE

I'm so looking forward to BBS!

In my opinion:

• Aqua sounded a bit dry at the start, but it got better once the gameplay was shown.
  • Terra seems to lack some emotion, but he also got better later in the trailer.
  • Ven is just awesome, I guess. I'm just really looking forward to hearing Jesse's voice again in the series.
  • Master Eraqus is alright in my opinion. Quite good actually.
  • Master Xehanort sounds like something got stuck in his throat, but it's alright. I think i'll like his voice eventually.
  • And last but not the least, Vanitas. OH MY, he's just so epic. He sounds darker than his Japanese voice (which is still cool BTW). Hearing his english voice just made my day. :)
I think the trailer sounded a bit weird because it doesn't have that much sound effects like the Japanese trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back