• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English Release Date Theory?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is just an idea, but thought I'd throw it out there? D:

Do you think we could hear something about when the game is coming out at PAX East? Granted, I don't know what kind of news usually comes out of events like that (I'm really only used to E3 sorries xD; ), but the Kingdom Hearts Facebook page and Square Enix Members has been posting a lot of stuff lately about KH3D and, while it is because of its release in Japan, it could also be likely that Square will announce something soon with the hints that they're giving. They're also on the exhibitor's list, so it's a possibility. But is there any reason to get our hopes up for news or even a release date at the event? (It would be cool if they announced something there, but still, news is coming soon regardless!)

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Hopefully something relevant to the release date will be announced. We definitely know it's coming out this year. Many sources point out it's a Summer 2012 release. I remember a while ago, someone posted a thread about a popular website called Gamemania? dated its release around July.

Edit: Hmm I see. I'm sure another convention will soon.

4EverFree

Awards
It's true that it seems to be pointing to being a summer 2012 release, my guess would be at the earliest a late May (highly unlikely I know, but here's to wishful thinking) or a mid/late July at the latest. Never understood why it takes so long after the initial release, I mean the only difference really is the language, should this really cause a 4/5 month delay? Or an even longer delay (please no)? It sounds like most of the English recording is done already anyway.

WHY SQUARE ENIX?! WHY MUST YOU TORTURE US SO?!?! WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
The localization of 3D is pretty fast compared to previous installments.

Roro

Awards
I'd like to think that the game will come out sometime this summer maybe around June or Julyish...and I'd also like to think that it will be at this PAX event of which you speak, but maybe I'm being way too optimistic about it. In any case the sooner we get info for the NA release the better... c'mon square step it up, give us teh infos nao! :0

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
But we really have no way to measure how done it is at this point, right?
If all the voice overs have been done, wouldn't that be an indication? Certainly there is other things to factor in, but I think that we could semi- measure it. All the text needs to be changed, voice overs(completed supposedly), the rest is really marketing and business aspects. Idk

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
If all the voice overs have been done, wouldn't that be an indication? Certainly there is other things to factor in, but I think that we could semi- measure it. All the text needs to be changed, voice overs(completed supposedly), the rest is really marketing and business aspects. Idk

There's also the redoing of all the lip syncing. That takes a long-ass time to do. Especially considering how cutscene based Kingdom Hearts games tend to be. More so if we're getting the longest custcene in the series' history.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

But how do we know that all the voicework is done for sure? It's like I said, we can't really know.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
^^Of that we can certainly be sure.

And what you mean by "stay tuned"? You know somethin nigga?!

Please look forward to it.

also he's sham, of course he knows. he knew about the theatrhythm localization before we did and wasn't able to say anything

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks Shamdeo! I really appreciate it.
I'm still surprised that you were able to meet some of the Square Enix Staff at their office.

Whoa, Shamdeo met some of Square's staff? So you know that an English release date's coming at PAX? Or at least sometime soon? 'Cause that's the vibe I'm getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back