• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English Voice Actors for Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elorah

Awards
^__^ I'm very happy with Larxene. I have to admit, when I heard that Wendy's commercial I was a tad unsure, but she sounds good.

Cissy

Bronze Member
Yeah...I think if the lips were English synced, the actors would have sounded better.

Marluxia sounds odd to me. The same way Epcar sounded odd as Xehanort; very young and generic. Meh. :x

And wow. Marloosha. I think everything I knew about fandom just died. Not that that's a bad thing....but damn.

*EDIT* Riku sounds so....rough.

Sora however, is doing fantastic. Simply fantastic.

Last edited:

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
YES. They didn't edit the Vexen death! It's too bad he died, though. I really liked him.

And I agree. It does seem quite rushed, but I think Vexen's VA did a nice job considering.

Yeah, it seemed pretty right insync with the original death on the japanese Re: CoM. Unless I missed it, the only thing that was edited in that scene was that Sora didn't say "What the hell are you guys?" or whatever the original CoM/ Japanese Re: CoM line was. It's an annoying small change, but at least they kept the death the same.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
And wow. Marloosha. I think everything I knew about fandom just died. Not that that's a bad thing....but damn.

HA!

I KNEW IT!

Still, I was surprised to hear that and Vexen's pronounciation. and Larxene's left me throughly unsurprised, but her voice was FANTASTIC.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
No matter, Marluxia will always be Mar-lux-eea to me ;-;

Nyxbor

Oh my freaking god what have they done to poor Namine's voice =O
I LOVED her KH voice (Can't remember her name, I think it was Brittany Snow)
I HATE that Camp Rock twat's voice 3=<

Awards
Sora however, is doing fantastic. Simply fantastic.

I know, right? This whole time, in all of the cutscenes, Sora's just about been the only one who's done a consistent, sincere job. He sounds like he always does, and puts just the right amount of emphasis in everything. Which makes me ridiculously impressed with Osment based on the whole VA situation for Re:CoM. To think Sora is the one speaking most too...

The only gripe I have, which is really nothing, is hearing "Riku!" so much in that same voice just like in KH2. xD

EDIT:
They probably wanted it out ASAP in order to promote Days.
No, no, no, no. No.

This can only be caused by them being half-assed, there are no excuses.

Re:CoM was announced for NA roughly 3 months ago. The same amount of time SE had to create the English KH2. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they had had more than 3 months to work on this.

Now, KH2, I think we can all agree, did a perfect job with lip syncing and the voice acting was overall spot on and fluent (I believe it won awards). They had a significantly LARGER amount of scenes to modify for English speech and match up to VAs for KH2 in the same amount of time it took them to bring Re:CoM here, yet look at how Re:CoM ended up.

Nothing other than the fact that they could give two shits.

Last edited:

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I think I'm not going to like this game past certain points.

I already don't like how people are pronouncing Marluxia's name, and I haven't even gotten there yet.

Mar-lux-ee-yuh. ;_;

Kenza

Website
angolca.deviantart.com
The voices suit everyone well but something is missing after hearing them... emotion. There just seems to be a somewhat lack of emotion when they say their lines. Well, maybe it's more like they aren't really getting into character or connecting with the character.

Awards
The more I watch the English cutscenes and bosses, the more conflicted I feel. Getting mixed emotions over this. It makes me feel sad, happy, reminiscent, forlorn, and uninterested... all at once. o_O

I AM still wondering about the whole "You have no heart" thing. She references it again when she said "You really are a hero. A heartless hero." Either they're getting confused about the relation between Roxas and Sora, or they worded it poorly.

The second statement makes more sense. Sora was a heartless, and is still only a heart, an existence related to the heartless, so I can see the whole "heartless hero" thing, but in battle, she takes "heartless" too literally.

EDIT: Actually... remember what Axel said?

Axel: And if one becomes a Heartless...

Larxene: They lose their mind and their feelings. They're consumed by the Darkness...

Axel: Right. But not Sora. He held on to his feelings even as a Heartless. And there's only one other man who's been able to do just that.

Is this suggesting that Sora is still technically a Heartless? That Kairi purified him of the Heartless shell but he still retains that identity (his heart still held by darkness)? Or maybe they're mistaken about Sora's nature and assume that he is a Heartless since they don't know Kairi purified him?

Think about it. Sora was losing his mind and feelings, he was being consumed by darkness, (as seen with the whole "falling" and "forgetting" scene of Sora transforming in Hollow Bastion), yet Axel says Sora has held on to them. This is all under the assumption that he is a Heartless.

Last edited:
A

Audo

Eh. Sora kept his mind as a Heartless.
That's why you can control him and move him to Kairi.

DiZ refers to Sora in the same way, saying he kept his sense of self because he became a Heartless willingly. I assume that to mean only when he was a shadow and not otherwise.

Kiwise

._. No Christopher Lee?

B-but... Vexen said!

=/ And they replaced Kairi. I was disappointed with their replacing Namine, too. I liked Brittany Snow.

8D OMFG LARXENE. That's awsome.

Aw, well. Can't wait to play this game! ^^ And squee over everyone's voices, like I've been doing just while reading this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back