• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

English Vs. Japanese kh2 theme songs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysteria

In my opinion "Passion" japanese song to KH2 is best to me because that song seems so right in japanse with KH2 but........... some people like "Sanctuary" best

so since this is Khinsider I wanna see which song you guys will choose best
I'll post the links below to "Passion" and "Sanctuary"

Japanese song
"Passion"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lqQtUGIiDk8&search=kingdom hearts 2 japanese version

Utada Hikari made a music video of "Passion" with an extra part not heard in the Japanse video game (you could see this one too)
Utada hikari "Passion" music video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=baSPn7e-4NU&search=kingdom hearts 2 japanese version

English song
"Sanctuary"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qh7sXjjh0Ig&search=kingdom hearts 2 English

Sorry Utada hikari DID NOT make a music video of Sanctuary

Mysteria

Golden_x_Heart said:
I've always liked Passion better. Sanctuary is nice, but it's kinda choppyish. Passion has a nice flow to it, and the lyrics are beautiful.
So, Passion.
<3
Thats is exactly what I was thinking Sanctuary is great but it doesn't have the flow of passion, maybe Utada just felt better doing the KH2 theme song in Japanese than english

Raynax

Passion sounds better it has less rough words which went with the theme

Neverfate

Passion was a bit better than the Sanctuary, which as another poster mentioned, didn't seem to have as good a flow to it. It, to me, felt a little forced in some areas. However, I also feel that Passion/Sanctuary was not a good a theme song as Hikari/Simple and Clean. The first theme song also worked very well as an orchrestrated peice, where I felt Passion/Sanctuary's orchestral arrangement was a bit boring (as most of Passion's drive comes from a very poppy drum beat, and not the melody).

pokeman54

yupyup simple and clean was way better than passion/sanctuary in terms of well...everything

Dark Fenrir

beyond the distance of the twilight haven
The biggest difference between the two is that passions words had more sylabols and was written second but arranged and produced first. in sanctuary the lyrics had to match the japanese beat and in order to do so had to be stretched.

Example: Haruka haruka has 6 sylabols
There's a new land 4 sylabols Land had to be streched to make up for the other two sylabols
On another note Utada believed that sanctuary fit the game more than passion

pokeman54

could somebody actually post what utada said...or proof of her thoughts or whatever regarding passion/sanctuary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back