• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Episode 8 is here!! Summaries and SPOILERS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
Episode 8 of coded has finally arrived! And ReBirth Wings has done her best to give us a summary of this (truly this time) last episode.

In the previous episode they had completed the restoration of the journal, and Sora had lost his power. The King asks Riku to put Sora back into the data world so that he can check out the new world that has appeared.

When Sora wakes, he is in Traverse Town. When Sora looks around to see what has happened, the King appears in front of him

“Sora, that day your journey started from here. And on that day, I was here too. It’s time I tell you the truth.”

Sora sees if he can use the keyblade, and then the King opens a door to the new world... to Castle Oblivion.

In Castle Oblivion, the King is no longer with Sora. Instead there is a black coated man. He says “If you want to know the truth you must move forward.” and hands Sora a card. It’s a Destiny Island card. So he uses the card on the door in front of him, and enters a pure white room. And then Selphie appears.

[I read through all the rest, but he just goes through all the worlds again talking to Disney characters and killing Bugs. Extremely boring. I’ll only translate the interesting parts.]

During this time, Sora realizes something. That is, even if you don’t remember someone you’ve met, there is still the “sadness of having forgotten them”. He holds that sadness close to him and continues on. The black coated man tells him that he should forget that pain. If he holds it too close, he will soon fall into darkness. But Sora can’t make that choice. After having gone through everything, he had held his pain and continued on. And the black coated man... Roxas, says “Then I’ll show you real pain!” and attacks. [apparently he’s dual-wielding at this point, woo!] Then Roxas gives Sora the “Card of Truth” and is absorbed. Sora meets up with the King, and they open the next door...

Beyond the door is Namine. She tells him that because his memories destroyed and then restored once, that had created the Bugs. And she tells him that within him there is someone else's memories. That is the true meaning of the words that were written on the journal, “You must return to free them from their torment.”

Roxas, Axel, Namine, Xion... as well as Terra, Aqua and Ven. Though they are gone, they are still connected within Sora’s heart. Sora says. “I feel as though I’ve met them.” Namine says “You have met two of them. And one you seem to have a special connection with.” And then, “In the future, the time will come when they will need to be awakened.” The King promises Namine that he will “Tell Sora in the real world.” As Namine fades away Sora tells her, “Thank you.”

During the credits the King sends Sora the letter. It’s the letter that Sora received in KHII.

Last edited:

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
Had to correct one part so it's clear that Sora is saying "I feel as though I've met them."

Also: KHIII to be confusing as hell with all of Sora's parts wandering around confirmed!?

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
OMG!!!! thank you so much Lissar.....so that's it, we learned about the letter and Mickey tells Sora everything....it looks like that the next game will feature Sora again(probably).

fantasy08

I... I don't know what to really say to all this, but I do have a strong urge to wring nomura's neck.

All this doesn't make any sense.Waiting to be saved is pushing it. From the BBS secret ending they didn't look like they were in torment in the least,and unless Sora plans on stabbing himself and Kairi with the key-blade for a big asspull three of those people who said his name already are saved. As for Axel nomura is to hot for him to not be brought back as Lea. He has that little plot coupon thing nomura cooked up about nobodies coming back as humans going for him.

Namine is Kairi's nobody. That's it. Now said nobody is back inside her Other. Xion was never human. She's memories that took human form for a year, and now those memories are back in their vessel. Sora. Roxas is Sora's nobody. So he's exactly were he belongs as well. Their stories have been resolved.I will shit bricks if nomura pulls some deus ex machina nonsense in upcoming games concerning characters that should be gone for good. Bring Namine, Xion and Roxas back? Let's just destroy the point of three games then Nomura!

The only ones in the whole ending that need to be saved or Terra, Aqua,Ansem, and Ven.

Also now that I think of it how did data Namine even remember Xion!!! Ugh

Edit: How does she even know Terra,Ven and Aqua? This smells way to much like deus ex machina, fanservice, and makes Namine look omnipresent.

Last edited:

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
It could be that by "awaken" it only means awaken memories of them, since most of them have been forgotten by... everyone. That line about Sora realizing the pain of forgetting someone could also mean "The pain of being forgotten". In Japanese it doesn't say "torment", which is a little much I think, but just "pain". "You must return and heal their pain." is what it says. It could be at the end of the series all the memories of the people who have been forgotten but are connected to Sora's heart, once revived, will add to his power and help him... uh, connect all the worlds was it? Something like that.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
It could be that by "awaken" it only means awaken memories of them, since most of them have been forgotten by... everyone. That line about Sora realizing the pain of forgetting someone could also mean "The pain of being forgotten". In Japanese it doesn't say "torment", which is a little much I think, but just "pain". "You must return and heal their pain." is what it says. It could be at the end of the series all the memories of the people who have been forgotten but are connected to Sora's heart, once revived, will add to his power and help him... uh, connect all the worlds was it? Something like that.

I see.....so the important person Sora met was Namine right??

i was expecting Ven but oh well he saw Roxas no difference XD....

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
Thank you so much Lissar. This is great.

Edit: So, Coded takes place after KH2 but before Sora gets the letter in the end
Very Interesting

jdeib963

Wait, so did we ever learn why Sora had Riku's memories?

Um im guessing no, I have a feeling they were scenes they wanted to put into KH and FInal Mix but never got around to it. Its stupid but whatever.

WaveK89

Well, I can't wait to see the cutscenes that come with this episode...heck the entire episode in a video.

Also, the Episode list on the official Coded site has been updated with Episode 8. There are a few images you can see there.

diogo14

Roxas, Axel, Namine, Xion... as well as Terra, Aqua and Ven.

I understand all of them except Axel.. Axel isn't connected to Sora.. ?

And I didn't understand Mickey saying to Sora that he was in Traverse Town too if after that they went to Castle Oblivion?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back