• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Eraqus isn't getting enough hate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithee

Awards
This only proves my point.

Ironically, you seem to be missing mine.

Terra (someone who was confirmed weaker than Xehanort)

He beat MX once, then created the Lingering Will to beat MX (as Terranort) again.

was able to beat an angered Eraqus that fully intended to kill him.

An angered Eraqus who nevertheless retained visible reluctance.

And that "pepper spray" very clearly stopped Eraqus in his tracks to point where Xehanort, who had re-approached him, was able to easily walk away without any further resistance.

E.g., even a professional fighter can be incapacitated by a random street-punk with a concealed weapon.

That didn't prove MX was more powerful; just more pragmatic and ruthless.

Lastly Eraqus himself admitted he couldn't stop him.

Again, only because he was blindsided by a cheap shot -- one that MX was visibly waiting for a chance to use during the entire conversation.

Bottom line: Eraqus was limited by the Idiot Ball trope, not actual power.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Ironically, you seem to be missing mine.

He beat MX once, then created the Lingering Will to beat MX (as Terranort) again.

An angered Eraqus who nevertheless retained visible reluctance.

E.g., even a professional fighter can be incapacitated by a random street-punk with a concealed weapon.

That didn't prove MX was more powerful; just more pragmatic and ruthless.

Again, only because he was blindsided by a cheap shot -- one that MX was visibly waiting for a chance to use during the entire conversation.

Bottom line: Eraqus was limited by the Idiot Ball trope, not actual power.

Lol, thats not what I meant.

1) Nomura said Xehanort was the strongest keyblade master in the series. No dispute there.

2) Eraqus is terrified of the dark, and would have had just as much, if not more, reluctance fighting Xehanort (someone who was like a brother to him and been friends with for a considerable amount of years) tears or not. And that didn't stop him from physically assaulting him the same way he did to Terra.

3) I doubt Eraqus, knowing he was choosing to engage a keyblade master just as, if not more skilled than him, wouldn't expect Xehanort to retaliate. Period.

4) Xehanort wasn't anymore armed than Eraqus in any way. They both had a keyblade, they were both masters, and they both attacked without a moments thought or warning

Point being, it was the clear difference in power and obvious underestimation of Xehanorts abilities that caused there to be no real fight to begin with. Not saying Eraqus is weak, or correct for attacking his students by any means, but it would've become very obvious he couldn't stop Xehanort directly after that encounter.

Smithee

Awards
Lol, thats not what I meant.

1) Nomura said Xehanort was the strongest keyblade master in the series. No dispute there.

2) Eraqus is terrified of the dark, and would have had just as much, if not more, reluctance fighting Xehanort (someone who was like a brother to him and been friends with for a considerable amount of years) tears or not. And that didn't stop him from physically assaulting him the same way he did to Terra.

3) I doubt Eraqus, knowing he was choosing to engage a keyblade master just as, if not more skilled than him, wouldn't expect Xehanort to retaliate. Period.

4) Xehanort wasn't anymore armed than Eraqus in any way. They both had a keyblade, they were both masters, and they both attacked without a moments thought or warning

Point being, it was the clear difference in power and obvious underestimation of Xehanorts abilities that caused there to be no real fight to begin with. Not saying Eraqus is weak, or correct for attacking his students by any means, but it would've become very obvious he couldn't stop Xehanort directly after that encounter.

At this point, it seems we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
At this point, it seems we'll just have to agree to disagree.

That's cool! I didn't want things to get heated. I enjoyed your opinion though, it was the first time I've gotten to have a discussion like this outside my brother. Hope to see ya around! :)

Smithee

Awards
That's cool! I didn't want things to get heated. I enjoyed your opinion though, it was the first time I've gotten to have a discussion like this outside my brother. Hope to see ya around! :)

I don't like heat, either -- unless it comes from Hades or Axel/Lea (LOL).

Likewise, see you around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back