• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Erase Me (Ven's Request)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody.gamer

okay, for starters, I think I missed something, what's this "unversed" everyone keeps mentioning?
Secondly, If erasing ALL of someone's memories does this monstrous change to someone maybe erasing him and erasing all his memories would be one in the same. Because if Ven is anything like the Sora or Roxas that I know than hurting people he cares about would be worse than dying.
Third, I know this is probably a bit random to throw out but I read somewhere that Aqua's fighting style is based around magic, do you think she has any unique magical abilities? Like say manipulating memories like a familiar blonde headed nobody I know.

Larcaxia

um.. i dont know what im doing but do you guys think that kingdom hearts BBS Will be coming out for Ps2 because they did the same thing with KH COM? theres a thought:lol:

Aria

braver by the minute
It won't be out for the ps2. PS3 is possible but Re: CoM was the last kingdom eharts ps2 game.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
he's probably an important key which can be used for evil, so he wants to be killed before they can do that.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
He referred it specifically to the Unversed in an interview a while back.

Do you have a link to the interview that was mentioned in? It contradicts with what I understood the Unversed to be.

On a different note, "erase" is simply a euphemism for "kill" based on literal Japanese translations. Squenix has started to use it in its localizations as well, though - the most obvious example is The World Ends With You (which could be for stylistic reasons), but Dissidia used the "erase me" phrasing as well, which I imagine is more of a way to tone down the concept of asking someone to kill you. It sounds better than most of the euphemisms that could be used for that, I'd think.

I doubt that they'd have used "erase me" if they meant erasure of memories, because that wouldn't have been the impression it would have given to their original audience.

Pianoajd2

Doesn't Sora start to change for the worse as he loses his memories in CoM? Like, he becomes angry easily or something?

It's been awhile, so it's hard to remember...

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Doesn't Sora start to change for the worse as he loses his memories in CoM? Like, he becomes angry easily or something?

It's been awhile, so it's hard to remember...

Yeah, Sora snaps easily in CoM, and even ditches Donald and Goofy at one point when they start questioning Namine. But there are a whole bunch of factors that would lead to that besides "people without memories are evil." Remember, Sora can't really remember much about Donald and Goofy - and he's basically a disembodied heart.

The Riku Replica is the only character in the game whose memories are ever completely destroyed - and the result of that is that he's reduced to a lifeless doll, rather than turning him into something evil. Marluxia even says that if Namine wiped out Sora's memories, he'd be like the Replica - a lifeless shell, unable to think or feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back