• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

EU Version of DDD only with English, French and German subtitles.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I was just browsing the EU-blog of SquareEnix and it does look like that Europe is not only missing out on a special edition or any 10th Anniversary special but also on some subtitles:

Product Information for KINGDOM HEARTS 3D | SQUARE ENIX

According to this, only the UK, France and Germany will get their own versions with translated subtitles (voices of course in English as with all handheld entries).

All other countries, especially Spain and Italy will only have access to the English version (with a booklet in their language).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I also don't think it is a very smart move on Square's part.

I personally have no problem due to my advanced English and German mothertongue, but they're surely going to invite a lot of rage from fellow spanish and italian fans...and will probably lose a bunch of fans because of it.

Maister

Thanks, i've posted it in the E3 thread.

I'm Spanish, and I consider it like a full ofense to the spanish fans. More when KH2 has spanish voices.
So, i'm proud to say i'm not going to buy KH3D. I'm fan of KH series, but I have enough own love to don't buy a game in full english. I'm spanish, the game is selling in Spain. So, translate de f game to the spanish.

PD: The spanish games forums are burning up. Everybody is angry.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Thanks, i've posted it in the E3 thread.

I'm Spanish, and I consider it like a full ofense to the spanish fans. More when KH2 has spanish voices.
So, i'm proud to say i'm not going to buy KH3D. I'm fan of KH series, but I have enough own love to don't buy a game in full english. I'm spanish, the game is selling in Spain. So, translate de f game to the spanish.

PD: The spanish games forums are burning up. Everybody is angry.

Well, I'm sure we can all understand why everyone is upset over it, but you can't necessarily compare it with KH2. That game had a far larger budget so they were actually able to afford dubbing and subbing into so many languages. I'm sorry this pushed you away from buying the game. You're really missing out on something truly enjoyable.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Stupid stupid stupid. That's what it is. Is there any way to rationalize this?

I'd say the budget is to blame. With so many big-budget games being released while Square Enix and Disney couldn't care less about Kingdom Hearts, why would they spare more money than they need to spend?

Of course, I have no actual idea so I'm just shooting in the dark.

Maister

Well, I'm sure we can all understand why everyone is upset over it, but you can't necessarily compare it with KH2. That game had a far larger budget so they were actually able to afford dubbing and subbing into so many languages. I'm sorry this pushed you away from buying the game. You're really missing out on something truly enjoyable.
Even re:coded was translated, and everyone nows what happend with the piratery in DS. So, i can't now how the hell this KH3D, a much better game, in a famous and unpirateable platform like N3DS is not translated. Really, I can't understand it.

I know it's not the same like KH2, but you can't begin translating a saga like Kingdom Hearts and later stop to translating, becouse it's like a punch in the eggs for the fans. More when KH is a saga played for a lot of childrens.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This is truly upsetting for fans from other countries. I'm really sorry that you guys don't get the game in your native language :(

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Well that's pretty sucky. From what I heard, aren't the subtitles a little hard to read anyway?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Even re:coded was translated, and everyone nows what happend with the piratery in DS. So, i can't now how the hell this KH3D, a much better game, in a famous and unpirateable platform like N3DS is not translated. Really, I can't understand it.

That game had very little voice acting and all text is translated in very game regardless, that isn't surprising.

And that game was over-hyped, more so than Dream Drop Distance.

Sango la dango

wow, well that's strange to just stop subbing in those languages... I can't really feel the hatred or feel with you since I would not be able to stand it if it was subbed in Norwegian. Still, that was a bit of a strange move by SE there.

Maister

That game had very little voice acting and all text is translated in very game regardless, that isn't surprising.

And that game was over-hyped, more so than Dream Drop Distance.
If you prefer a put you the example of BBS, translated even when PSP was half-dead, more in Spain, with all the piratery.

I'm sorry if I am... hmm... how to say... ¿bad tempered?, but i'm really angry for this, and really I don't get how they can do this with a saga like Kingdom Hearts.

Chistosa

Awards
Spanish and Italian forums are ablaze with p-o'd fans, it's scary. But I can't blame them, they'll have to wait for fansubs online to fully understand the story...and to do this on the series' 10th anniversary? That kinda makes it worse. Sorry to you guys that won't get it translated. D:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If you prefer a put you the example of BBS, translated even when PSP was half-dead, more in Spain, with all the piratery.

I'm sorry if I am... hmm... how to say... ¿bad tempered?, but i'm really angry for this, and really I don't get how they can do this with a saga like Kingdom Hearts.

That's because Birth by Sleep was also over-hyped, it had a larger budget as well.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

All series go through this, not just KH. THen again, there are still many Japanese only game some really want *Looks to most of the Tales series. Sighs deeply*

Plus you just joined, you shouldn't start your time here having a temper over something trivial as the OP.

Maister

That's because Birth by Sleep was also over-hyped, it had a larger budget as well.
I don't know what's the situation in the U.S, but in spain KH3D is more over-hyped than BBS. And are more N3DS selled than PSPs. By the way, looking to the forums and surveys I'm very sure of KH3D was going to sell more than BBS. But now? we'll see, the forums are burning, like I said.

All series go through this, not just KH. THen again, there are still many Japanese only game some really want *Looks to most of the Tales series. Sighs deeply*

Plus you just joined, you shouldn't start your time here having a temper over something trivial as the OP.
I don't know why I shouldn't discuss about it. I mean, it's normal that don't care you, becouse the game will be in your languaje, I'm very sure you will be upset if the game wouldn't be translated in English (or maybe not, I don't know you).
Anyway, I used to read the forums, and that was a good occasion for register.

PD:And, please, don't talk me about Tales, becouse de fanbase of them are nothing compared with the fanbase of KH. And the same for the sells (oh, and I like the saga Tales too).
PPD: What's OP?

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There's always the off chance this is a (poor) publicity stunt *laughs*

But I am deeply sorry to all people who are furious over this. I've felt these pains before so I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back