• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Europeans.. No Need To Convert Kh2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

emojunkie1612

Hey guys.. i was and im sure some others were about confused about having to convert their KH2 import back up to PAL from NTSC

I went to a swap magic forum to get some advice and this is what i asked and what the moderator told me.. i hope this sorts out some of your problems.

Question :

Im using the Swap magic+slim tool and having Kingdom hearts 2 imported from US (NTSC)

my ps2 is PAL..

So i thought all i had to was back up the game and use the back up game but I've been told by someone that i then have to convert the back up from NTSC to PAL.. is this true?

And when ive done that am i gonna get a black band about 1/4 of the screen on my tv :S

im a little confused i could really use someones help =D

thanks alot in advance

Answer:

it depends on the type of tv that you have a way to tell is .ihave you any copyed dvd movies if any play black and white then your tv can not handle ntsc signal so you would need to force pal there is a way to do with swap magic thus eliminating the need to patch ntsc to pal

all you do is load swap magic then on the controler push down , left , right . up then load back up as normal

:Saixy:

+SAIX PWNS. Period.+
that's great info

but all you can do is convert your ps2 in a mod shop so that you can play both PAL and NTSC, all systems, Japanese, US, UK, whatever (this'll only work if you have a multi-system TV cause it's what i did and the stupid shop asked me if i had a multi-system TV AFTER they'd done the converting so imagine what would happen without a multi-system TV...)

I did that and i was able to play Japanese AND PAL games, and i can play US games too.

HOWEVER, that point you made about TV systems and black and white etc is a good point. I have a multi-system TV, so mine worked fine when i converted my ps2 and played kh2 Japanese. so...i didn't know that so thanks!

i don't want to offend you or anything, just more advice :p no hard feelings even though i can tell someone's probably gonna flame.

BOW DOWN TO MULTI-SYSTEM TVs!

Yanos_Darkspawn

emojunkie1612 said:
Answer:

it depends on the type of tv that you have a way to tell is .ihave you any copyed dvd movies if any play black and white then your tv can not handle ntsc signal so you would need to force pal there is a way to do with swap magic thus eliminating the need to patch ntsc to pal

all you do is load swap magic then on the controler push down , left , right . up then load back up as normal

So, if you dont have a compatible TV you will have to patch the game. If you dont patch the game, and try to play it in a normal TV with the ntsc option of the swap magic, you'll be watching the game in black and white. Believe me, I know this for my own experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back