• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Even and Dilan

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I know we've yet to see all the trailers, but pre-existing information about both these characters have me concerned. In Dream Drop Distance, they were both still comatose, and both the voice actors for the characters have supposedly confirmed that they're not doing voiceover work for Kingdom Hearts III.

Basically, what I'm getting at is whether either of the two will have any sort of role within Kingdom Hearts III?

Kh3 2018

Xaldin is a huge favorite of mine in kh2 I hope his somebody returns in kh3 or if he becomes a nort I would love that

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I was really hoping for Even in the Frozen world.

D

Deleted member 246005

I thought it be fun if they revealed Dilan and Aeleus was a couple. It be a way to try out a homosexual relationship and give both characters more characterization.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I thought it be fun if they revealed Dilan and Aeleus was a couple

That makes me want to replay the beginning of Days to try and find what Xaldin's quote was when he first found out about the crew at Castle Oblivion being "wiped out". I think he was shocked, or kind of angry sounding but I can't remember exactly what he said. Would be funny if they retconned that into "he's upset his boyfriend got roasted."

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If they aren't being voiced chances are they won't have any significant role. I doubt they are norts otherwise Braig and Y. Xehanort would have just taken them alongside Saix.

If they do appear maybe they will be NPCs in Radiant Garden.

Qiesamuel

If they aren't being voiced chances are they won't have any significant role. I doubt they are norts otherwise Braig and Y. Xehanort would have just taken them alongside Saix.

If they do appear maybe they will be NPCs in Radiant Garden.

If they are NPCs in Radiant Garden, they still have to be voiced because there won't be any bubble text anymore in this game right?

Or it could be they won't appear at all or Radiant Garden will be cutscenes only world.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
If they are NPCs in Radiant Garden, they still have to be voiced because there won't be any bubble text anymore in this game right?

Exactly, regardless of how vital their roles are, the state of both the characters doesn't look very promising. It doesn't help that Nomura said that "most of the Kingdom Hearts characters are returning". Most are not all.

D

Deleted member 246005

One thing I'm curious about is what are their disciplines? What exactly was Ansem the Wise teaching them?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Maybe Dilan and Even are in comas because something went wrong with their restoration process. Either that or they are on some sort of assignment at Ienzo's request.

Awards
One thing I'm curious about is what are their disciplines? What exactly was Ansem the Wise teaching them?

From what I can tell the original six members are made up of two types of apprentices; The scientists (Terranort, Even, and Ienzo) and the Castle Guards (Braig, Dilan, and Aleaus) Since I have to guess because there's no hard evidence of this, I would say that Ansem the wise discovered all six periodically through his time in Hollow Bastion/Radient Garden and because he saw potential in them (either mental or Physical) he took them in and gave them a better life as either his protection or to learn science and the ways of the heart under his wing.

Just a theory though

Idk if this will end up meaning anything, but if we're comparing personalities of all the Members who ended up in Radiant Garden, Vexen and Xaldin were definitely the most evil and corrupted of the 5. Maybe the darkness in their hearts is what's stopping them from waking up or something like that.

Huge bummer if they really aren't going to have somewhat of a big role in KH3 because I think they were two of the best villains in the entire series when it comes to their respective games that they got substantial screen time in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lisaralin

Awards
I hope they'll appear somewhere, even in a non-speaking role. Or in a small cutscene during the ending showing that they are fine. Even is my favorite character in the franchise :(
Also, Nomura stated that "a big theme about KH3 is a conclusion for everybody". So it would be extremely unfair if these two are excluded for no reason at all. Everybody but them? Why? We know that every other member of the Organization is making an appearance (only Demyx is unsure), so it would seem really off if ONLY the two of them are not there. And honestly they are way more important to the main plot than Larxene or Luxord.
I don't understand why there seems to be room for every character but not for two of the apprentices who caused much of the events that set the main plot into motion.

Technically, they are not comatose anymore. In DDD Aeleus says: "they are conscious again, but they need to recover".

Anyway, if EVERYONE is making an appearence except Dilan and Even I'm going be very disappointed :(

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
From what I can tell the original six members are made up of two types of apprentices; The scientists (Terranort, Even, and Ienzo) and the Castle Guards (Braig, Dilan, and Aleaus) Since I have to guess because there's no hard evidence of this, I would say that Ansem the wise discovered all six periodically through his time in Hollow Bastion/Radient Garden and because he saw potential in them (either mental or Physical) he took them in and gave them a better life as either his protection or to learn science and the ways of the heart under his wing.

Just a theory though

Idk if this will end up meaning anything, but if we're comparing personalities of all the Members who ended up in Radiant Garden, Vexen and Xaldin were definitely the most evil and corrupted of the 5. Maybe the darkness in their hearts is what's stopping them from waking up or something like that.

Huge bummer if they really aren't going to have somewhat of a big role in KH3 because I think they were two of the best villains in the entire series when it comes to their respective games that they got substantial screen time in.

As painful as it is to agree with this theory, it has a lot going for it in my personal opinion. Vexen and Xaldin had relative screentime in Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II respectively and they were openly sinister.

And delving further into this, we can see the following.

Norted
Terranort (Scientist)
Braig (Guard)

Somebodies
Ienzo (Scientist)
Aeleaus (Guard)

Comatose
Even (Scientist)
Dilan (Guard)

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I was really hoping for Even in the Frozen world.
Personally i think Isa would have been a better fit for Frozen. I know his element is ice but Isa history of shutting himself and pushing people away were so relatable with Elsa. If Even was a darkness he could have done San Fransokyo. As a scientist he could have been interested in Hiro's Nanobots.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I know they can't do everything but if KHIII is supposed to wrap up the Organization XIII/Xehanort 'Saga,' then a small scene acknowledging the status of Even and Dilan would be a bit of a shame exclude. Even seems especially important considering he created the replicas and Repliku and Xion are going to be a big part of the plot.

Lisaralin

Awards
As painful as it is to agree with this theory, it has a lot going for it in my personal opinion. Vexen and Xaldin had relative screentime in Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II respectively and they were openly sinister.

And delving further into this, we can see the following.

Norted
Terranort (Scientist)
Braig (Guard)

Somebodies
Ienzo (Scientist)
Aeleaus (Guard)

Comatose
Even (Scientist)
Dilan (Guard)
I think Vexen was sinister mainly for his appearence, but I don't think he was much more evil than other CoM members. The only really evil thing he does in that game is allowing Larxene and Axel to manipulate Repliku's memories (and everyone tends to forget that it was Axel's idea to begin with). Other than that, he simply tried to stop Marluxia (who was a traitor), and before being killed by Axel he was about to reveal the truth about Marluxia's plan to Sora.
Zexion, on the other hand, is much more good-looking and may seem less evil, but what does he do? He too wants to stop Marluxia, but instead of helping Vexen he lets him "do the dirty work" for him and Lexaeus (but maybe if they had helped they could have succeded?). He speaks of the Organization as "the rope that binds us together" and then he leaves Vexen alone trying to oppose Marluxia. And in the end, when Riku is no longer useful, he tries to get rid of him exploiting his memories and his sense of guilt for what happened on Destiny Islands. He even appears as an illusion of Sora trying to crush his spirit.
So was really Vexen more evil than Zexion? I think that he simply appears more evil because of "hey, mad scientist" and because he looks older and uglier. I think in all the KH franchise he is the character who gets more hate because of his appearence.
In my opinion, if Ienzo is a Somebody again, so should Even.

As for the comatose state, I rewatched the cutscene in DDD where Aeleus speaks about Dilan and Even's condition, and he says: "they are conscious again but still unstable". Now, "conscious" means exactly the opposite of "comatose" to me, even though what is meant for "unstable" is unclear.
Here's the cutscene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PiFSFg1z_k
But if they are "conscious again" it means at least that they woke up or opened their eyes.

A good way to give them some role in KH3 without hiring new voice actors could be let them be busy on a special assignment off screen (even if I'd love to see them at least once with the new graphics) or in the laboratory.
I'd love Even to restore Xion since he's her creator. He could be working on this for the entire game, appearing only in the end? I'd love it but I'm quite sure I'm not going to get it :(

I know they can't do everything but if KHIII is supposed to wrap up the Organization XIII/Xehanort 'Saga,' then a small scene acknowledging the status of Even and Dilan would be a bit of a shame exclude. Even seems especially important considering he created the replicas and Repliku and Xion are going to be a big part of the plot.
Totally agree. A single well-made cutscene is all it takes, surely they can find place for it somewhere?

Vasquez

Awards
Nomura did say he was overwhelmed with the amount of characters he was juggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back