• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Even/Vexen

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainLatte

I'm surprised there isn't a thread dedicated to Even/Vexen considering there is a possibly significant mystery behind him.

In BBS we are introduced to Vexen's original self, Even. Even reveals he has been possibly researching the darkness himself (either long before his master Ansem the Wise begins his own research into the darkness or this event happens shortly after his research began) by saying he senses that Ventus's heart is pure light. He turns back to the castle thinking it to be impossible.

Now how Even is able to sense the presence of Ventus's heart is questionable as not many characters in this part of the timeline can claim to sense hearts.

As he speaks with Ventus after he saves Ienzo from the Unversed, Even states that he and Ventus are "destined to meet again."

From what I have seen in the series you'd have to have a heart pure of light (Ex. Keyblade wielders, Yen Sid) or darkness (Master Xehanort, Ansem SoD [Xehanort's Heartless] in order to have this ability.

What also can be noted is in AtW's reports Even was told to have a special interest himself in the experiments made with Xehanort. From Secret Report I:

"If I explore Xehanort's heart with psychological tests, I may be able to recall the past locked away within. My apprentice Even has also shown great interest in Xehanort's memories."

Even must have known something himself in order to have this much spotlight on him.

Perhaps Even will have an integral part in the upcoming KH games. What part he will have remains to be speculated.

Of course feel free to throw in an opinion. Maybe the ability to sense hearts isn't as restricted as I think it to be.

I always thought Vexen was a girl cause the name sounded like Vixin, then i realized his name was actually Even..... -.-

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I thought Even was informed by Braig or something he heard from someone about Ventus' heart. I don't know how he would be able to have this ability.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Actually when I was playing BBS I was under the impression that Even was given info by MX or Braig, because he seemed to sound like he was informed by someone and then just confirmed it with his own eyes. That would explain why he also was interested in Xehanort's memories because he had previously met MX and was interested in his sudden amnesia and wanted to get to the route of it.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
Sorry to correct you this late OP, but only eight ppl in KH have had hearts of pure light so far
The seven princesses and Ven(Temporarily)
All others, even keyblade weilders like Sora, have some amount of darkness in their hearts. Its just not very strong for the good guys

CaptainLatte

Thanks for the info.

What I'm trying to figure is who all has the ability to sense the presence of hearts like Terra and Master Xehanort could. If it's a specific quality then Even becomes more interesting down the road.

kiante

Sorry to correct you this late OP, but only eight ppl in KH have had hearts of pure light so far
The seven princesses and Ven(Temporarily)
All others, even keyblade weilders like Sora, have some amount of darkness in their hearts. Its just not very strong for the good guys

Correct, and inversely, unless I'm mistaken, the only character confirmed to have a heart of Pure Darkness is Vanitas.

Perhaps when Even said they would meet again, he meant more that he intended to meet Ventus again. Like, he assumed Ventus was from Radiant Garden (since apparently few people even know about the existence of other worlds) and intended to study Ven more. So he would've gone and found Ventus and studied him. Of course, he couldn't, because Ven was gone.

I've thought about his interest with Xehanort's memories a lot, ever since I first saw the report, and I think he just was interested in the research. I don't think there was anything special about it, just him being a researcher. I suppose it's feasible that he met with MX, but there wasn't much indication of that either.

I really wish they'd shown more of the Organization members. They posed a lot more questions than answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back