• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ever have one of those moments of sheer luck?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

Throughout our lives, we've all had moments where the odds are stacked against you, whether it be in a competition, beating the clock, a difficult exam? etc. But despite those overwhelming circumstances, you come out on top and succeed. I've had one of those a while back, in high school.

During my senior year, my math teacher was out of commission for an unspecified illness, so my math teacher from the previous year decided to take his place for the time being. This man was one of the toughest teachers i had to deal with, he blazed through topics in the book like a laser, and gave tests after 2 homework assignments. If you didn't learn the material, too bad, here's your F. So we begrudgingly put up with his nonsense for the remaining half of the year, and then the last test came. We were told this test would either make or break us, you either pass or fail. With this in mind, i studied vigorously, copying the study guide onto other sheets of paper to burn the formulas into my head. When judgement day came, i took my time, slowly going over the problems, and barely finishing. When i had that man as my math teacher, i NEVER passed his tests, so i didn't feel good about this one.

After 2 weeks we finally got them back, and as luck would have it, i scored a 100, the highest grade in the class. My friend who i sat next to got a 94, while everyone else failed the test, with 50's 60's and 69's. Of course, since nearly everyone failed, they wanted to have the scores omitted from the records, but i wasn't going to let that happen. I fought tooth and nail to keep that score and succeeded in doing so. I still have that test, kept near my desk for good luck.

What about all of you? have any of you experienced a moment of blind luck? comment down below.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
This isn't really relevant to the KH section, so I'm moving it to the appropriate section.

Neo_

Awards
Math was tough and total BS; by the time I was in high school I was writing formulas on the inside of my calculator.

What you did doesn't really sound like blind, or any kind of luck; you put in the work, and the results returned in your favor.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I don't know if it was luck, but I remember one geography test back in like 2010 or so, where I had a fifty percent chance of getting test 1, with the topics I knew stuff about, or test 2, with topics I had no damn clue about (a lot of teachers did that so that you couldn't cheat by copying your neighbors sheet).
Well, I did get the test 1, and let's just say I was really lazy in school, so my grades were always kinda mediocre at best when I wasn't interested in the class. My teacher kinda made a big fuzz about it all, gave me a disappointed look and said "eh, I feel like we gotta talk about this, you know", handed me the test with a dead serious look and when I saw that I got a straight A on it, he laughed and was so damn proud of himself for scaring me to death.

Tl;dr - a test that could've easily been an F had I been sitting one seat to the left or right, turned into an A. That did seem pretty lucky to me.

The event that you described reminds me of that one time, even a few years prior to the other story, where I got the best grade for an english class test where we had to do a creative writing section as the last task.
My classmates were kinda pissed and said stuff like "it's not fair!11 she writes stuff like that in her free-time!!1 Everyone else lost so many points there it's not faaaair", but, uh, I kinda insisted that I don't complain either when someone who does maths in their free-time gets a better grade than me. And it worked, I guess?

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I tried for 2 whole weeks to remember who the heck said "I love those moments, I like to wave at them as they pass by"
and I just couldn't remember and felt so angry about ittttttt
but here it is! how could I forget!
[video=youtube;XtRlkEI8SV4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtRlkEI8SV4[/video]
and it's not even related to luck!
so my contribution is a failure! oh well

Jacky

The event that you described reminds me of that one time, even a few years prior to the other story, where I got the best grade for an english class test where we had to do a creative writing section as the last task.
My classmates were kinda pissed and said stuff like "it's not fair!11 she writes stuff like that in her free-time!!1 Everyone else lost so many points there it's not faaaair", but, uh, I kinda insisted that I don't complain either when someone who does maths in their free-time gets a better grade than me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My life is sheer luck tbh. I guess my most recent one is that my coworker broke my iPhone on Wednesday. I was panicking and then I checked my AppleCare+ coverage because I remembered I had it and you know what it said? "Expires August 30th, 2019"

I screamed and yesterday I went and got it repaired.

So that was my lucky moment.

I have to go back today, sadly. They fixed the screen but there is a dead zone on the right side that makes it impossible to type "p" or "l" or press the delete button or send things...and it sticks sometimes.

madeleine3

I tried for 2 whole weeks to remember who the heck said "I love those moments, I like to wave at them as they pass by"
and I just couldn't remember and felt so angry about it.
but here it is! how could I forget!
[video=youtube;XtRlkEI8SV4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtRlkEI8SV4[/video]
and it's not even related to luck!
so my contribution is a failure! oh well

I had no damn clue about (a lot of teachers did that so that you couldn't cheat by copying your neighbors sheet).
Well, I did get the test 1, and let's just say I was really lazy in school, so my grades were always kinda mediocre at best when I wasn't interested in the class. My teacher kinda made a big fuzz about it all, gave me a disappointed look and said "eh, I feel like we gotta talk about this, you know", handed me the test with a dead serious look and when I saw that I got a straight A on it, he laughed and was so damn proud of himself for scaring me to death.

Tl;dr - a test that could've easily been an F had I been sitting one seat to the left or right, turned into an A. That did seem pretty lucky to me.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
One time at Value Village i found alot of Asian imported anime and it was so much i decided it would be ennough for Xmas,Bday and Easter so thats what i decided to do to compliment with the imported ps3 games i bought and one manga omnibus i found.

Back