• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Everyone Notices the X's, Right?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

IcicleM

I'm sure you have, but it's something I kinda noticed when I was reading about Master Eraqus. The Symbol of the X is VERY prominent in the series.

Master Eraqus, Aqua, Ventus, and Terra all have X's on their chests, almost implying like their heart is locked away or protected. Aqua and Ventus' X's are "locked" by the symbol they share with Master Eraqus and Terra, however Terra's symbol is on his waist, leaving his heart "open" in a way, to darkness.

Master Xehanort doesn't have the X, implying his heart has been opened to darkness.

Then of course the X-Blade and the X's in the Nobody's names. What do you think the X implies?

I must say, it's the best use of the least used letter in the English alphabet, that's for sure hahaha

Izayoi

galactic cancer
did you know that x-rays were named that because the guy who discovered them didn't know what to name them, and so they just stuck? i think that is far more awesome. almost one hundred years and one one cares to change it cause it sounds so cool.

But, um. It's a little symbolic, showing that certain characters have more stable hearts. After all, Terra's only leaves his body once he makes it happen. Didn't Riku have an X though? It seemed he lost his heart a little easily.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Riku somwhat had an X on him and i tihnk another character not from BBS did too....maybe it is symbolic, maybe it's not. i'm leaning towards not and just a common design nomura is giving to kh characters

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
I think the Xs on the Organization members names have more symbolic meaning than the Xs on the chests of the apprentices, why all of them have an X on their names??

yeah, and the only thing symbolic about the X in the Org. member's names is how it separates them from their somebodies in terms of their name

Allister Rose

French Lover
I think the Xs on the Organization members names have more symbolic meaning than the Xs on the chests of the apprentices, why all of them have an X on their names??

because it's suppose to sow that xemnas gave them a purpose again.

it's there original name's letters mixed around then added an X.

Lea-Axel

ISa-Saix

Sora-Roxas

-ansem the wises aprentice-

ienzo-zexion

aeleus-lexeaus

even-vexen

dilan-xaldin

braig-xigbar

xehanort-xemnas (anagram of ansem due to his heartless)

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards

This is the most likely case. They all have X's because they are Nobodies, so an X in their name symbolizes this. *add what Allister Rose said here as well*

T

The Spoiler

Xehanorts Heartless without a body (In the brown cloak) Also has the X strap.

Also Aquas are just to hold her boobs up, kind of like a bra.

Beyer

Doesn't MX have an X sort of thing on the back of his clothes up near the shoulders?

State

Awards
About the X in the name of Org. members, in Xemnas' point of view, it means he or she has been given purpose. On Nomura's point of view, it means "No Heart", what they truly lack. The X in some of people's clothing could just be there for designs but, they're getting tiresome. =/

T

The Spoiler

personally i think for VAT on their costumes they might just be there as a costume design
Yeah, no.

When Ven was MX apprentice he didnt have the straps. he got them when he became Eraqus apprentice so its important.

New Born

I have kind of thought that the X's had greater importance than it being used in the Organization.
Just not sure how or why.

Gram

Banned
Awards
aside form the xehanorts and the org. i dont think it has much importance.
probly just somethin nomura likes putting in his designs.

YumeMaxx

Just thought I'd clear this up for you guys-

In a lot of Japanese culture, including some anime and video games, the letter X is used to symbolize a crossing of light and darkness- often referred to as "Chaos" or sometimes "nothing".

That would explain why the organization adds an X into their name, to symbolize the fact that they are beings of nothing who should not exist (their existence causes chaos in the balance of reality). You should take note that when you fight Xemnas at the end of KH2 that there are WHITE and BLACK projectiles he attacks with and his white and black costume reflects this as well.

I think that's why the X-Blade is such a sought-after weapon, because it is the ultimate keyblade, containing both the power of light AND the power of darkness two powers that are constantly referred to throughout the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back