• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Everyone's favorite and least favorite Disney Worlds in KHII?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I feel like everyone talks about the original worlds in this game (since they matter a lot more than the Disney worlds), but what are everyone's favorite and least favorite Disney worlds in this game?

P.S. Try not to only pick Atlantica for your least favorite world, that's waaaaaaaaaaay too easy to do :p If that were the case, practically everyone here would have said Atlantica xD

I'll start:

Favorite Disney world: Space Paranoids

Tron is awesome and amazing and wonderful and I just want to hug him. That is all.

Least favorite Disney world: Land of Dragons (or Atlantica, depends on what kind of playthrough I'm having)

Seriously, people like this world?! This level design is just plain mediocre, and good god the ASSAULT RIDERS are just infuriating. On top of that, the plot is completely lifeless and stale (something the other Disney worlds would suffer from), and the keyblade they give you for completion is just. Plain. Useless.

I'd say that Atlantica is my least favorite, but since it's optional I hardly ever visit it. And when I do I just press the mute button on my stereo for each song and just watch the screen really closely. That being said... yeah, it's just as bad as everyone says it is.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Favorite Disney world hmm... this would be easy if it was from all KH games but only KH2 idk. Still my favorite game from the series, but the Disney worlds really weren't that strong. Maybe Beast's Castle because the boss fights are kinda fun.

Least favorite is either Pride Lands because lion controls suck or Tron world because the music sucks. I don't really like any of the Disney worlds all that much, but I also don't hate any of them. KH2 is just meh, could be better could be worse when it comes to the worlds.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Favorite Disney Worlds: Beast's Castle + Space Paranoids + Halloween Town

Least: Pride Lands + Antlantica + Land of the Dragons

Zapt

Awards
Vanitas (Get it? My title is "Unversed" So...)
Favorite world:Timeless River

The music is awesome,the boss is awesome,the music is awesome,the characters are awesome,the music is awesome,the enemies are awesome(except that damn car),did i say the music is awesome yet?

Least favorite world:idk i love all the worlds!(except atlantica of course) but if had to say i'd say 100 Acre woods because the minigames aren't fun.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Favorite: Beast's Castle, then TRON. I also love the Coliseum, mostly because of Hades. That's one thing I will give KH2 is there's more humor than KH1; Halloween Town's only worth the re-visit because of Oogie being hilarious, for ex. Of course, not all of the humor works, but some of it does.

Least Favorite: Pride Lands. SO disappointing. Atlantica is equally disappointing after how fantastic the KH1 world was. The Land of Dragons and Port Royal are also.... Well, no need to say it again. That's the best word to describe most of the worlds and Disney bosses in KH2, tbh. I mean, the Hydra, the battle with the Huns, The Lion King are all things that you'd think would have been peak moments of the series and then we got...what we got. Agrabah's a waste, too, considering they could've used KH2 as an opportunity to finally deliver a badass Jafar battle (the only dud among the Disney villain battles in KH1) + a Jafar Cobra battle, and still fudged it. Way to fail, KH2.

Griewer

Awards
Depends on the game...

Kingdom Hearts: Deep Jungle was the best and Monstro is the one I despise the most.
Kingdom Hearts II: I really enjoy Olympus Coliseum and Beast's Castle while I don't enjoy Space Paranoids.
Kingdom Hearts BBS: I hardly enjoyed any of them because they felt small and empty but all in all Enchanted Dominion felt the worst while Castle of Dreams the least terrible.
Kingdom Hearts DDD: La Cité and Symphony of Sorcery were the best and the Grid and Pranksters were the ones I least enjoyed.

(and while I was thinking about it, I realized that my favorite worlds altogether are all original ones. Traverse Town is still the best world in the whole series :'D)

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Space Paranoids had the best plot, Timeless River had the best visual gimmick and fun mob fights.

Agrabah is misery in KH2

blank points

Awards
For my favorite worlds in the series, I would say:

1. La Cite des Cloches- Hunchback has always been one of my favorite Disney films, and I really liked how it was handled in DDD, in that they did not pull any punches with the plotline of the world, such as Frollo's death and hate of the gypsies.

2. Port Royal- This one might be in a minority, seeing as most people seem to not care much for this world, but I really liked it myself. What I liked about it was that it was different from many other worlds in the series, and it was interesting to see SDG in a live-action movie based world.

For least favorite, it would be:

1. Disney Town- God, I HATED this world. For starters, the mini-games were not really fun, but just tedious. The controls in Rumble Racing are terrible. It seems I can never get through a race without bumping into a wall and slowing myself down no matter how hard I try. Ice Cream Beat isn't terrible, but I despise Fruit Ball. I dread having to play that every time I replay BBS. I also really don't like the storyline for the world either. I found it to be way too childish, even for Disney. I get that this was probably Square's attempt at a more light-hearted world, but I think they tried to hard with it. I often find myself skipping several of the cutscenes for this reason. Further more, the plotline becomes especially stupid after you play DDD. In DDD, it is established that several years before Pete had tried to kill both Mickey and Minnie in an attempt to become king. So, after that, somehow Pete was forgiven for this, and was allowed to run around Disney Town causing more trouble, then was banished for throwing a tantrum over not getting a prize? Really, Square? Bit of a long rant there, but pretty much sums up my feelings of this world. lol

2. Atlantica- My opinion on this world is pretty much the same as everyone else, in that the songs were just not good. I could have forgiven it being a musical world if the songs were actually well written, but they are just bad.

Ree

Favorite: Timeless River
Least: Agrabah revisit, the first visit wasn't that great but the revisit is just so bad....

SkeithTheTerror

Least Favorite - Land of Dragons (Why would you replace the huns with rapid thrusters?! They could have at least put heartless that actually had presence)

Favorite - Beast's castle (Because Beast is awesome and I could watch Belle elbow Xaldin for hours)

Foxycian

Awards
favorite world: Beast castle,Castle of dreams,Atlantica,Hallween town

Least favorite: tarzan,the grid

Caxinuld

Awards
I dislike Atlantica & 100 Acre Wood because of the compulsory minigames. I would be fine with both worlds if the minigames were optional or they weren't added to the game at all.

My favourite Disney world in KH2 has to be Port Royal because of the style clash between the hyperrealistic characters, the classic Disney characters & Sora + the enemies & boss fights.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
KH1
Favorite:
Atlantica & Halloween Town Least: Monstro & Wonderland

KH2
Favorite:
Port Royal & Timeless River Least: Atlantica & Agrabah

BBS
Favorite:
Deep Space & Neverland Least: Olympus Coliseum

3D
Favorite:
The Grid, Symphony of Sorcery Least: Prankster's Paradise

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Favourite: KH1 Wonderland

Least favourite: any world from KH II I'd say, probably either Pride Lands or Halloween Town. Forgettable af and sending you from point A to point B over and over to fill time does not substitute actual world building, it's just cheap.
I wish I could save Pride Lands with the rad second boss battle, but the fact that the entire second visit is just the first one but Scar is a ghost for some reason was too much.

sephydark

Awards
Favorite: this one's a little hard because I find the worlds pretty uniformly decent. I guess my choice is either Olympus for really expanding itself from the original game and also putting Auron in the party (that was really exciting when I first played it), or Timeless River for its unique concept and really nice design all around.

Least favorite: well, Atlantica made my ears bleed, but since that's off limit it has to be Port Royal. Sora looks just awful next to those realistic characters (who didn't look all that good to begin with in PS2 graphics); add to that a story that's just a terrible rehash of the film's plot and a gimmick that I didn't find all that engaging, and, well, it shouldn't be too surprising I disliked it.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Favorite: this one's a little hard because I find the worlds pretty uniformly decent. I guess my choice is either Olympus for really expanding itself from the original game and also putting Auron in the party (that was really exciting when I first played it), or Timeless River for its unique concept and really nice design all around.

Least favorite: well, Atlantica made my ears bleed, but since that's off limit it has to be Port Royal. Sora looks just awful next to those realistic characters (who didn't look all that good to begin with in PS2 graphics); add to that a story that's just a terrible rehash of the film's plot and a gimmick that I didn't find all that engaging, and, well, it shouldn't be too surprising I disliked it.

Don't forget that they had the worst bloopy version of the theme song "He's a Pirate!" I've ever heard in my life xD Honestly, this should have been mentioned by myself as well, because the clashing art styles here really are just awful. I'm so glad they're making the Disney worlds blend better with the kingdom shader in the next game, because Kingdom Hearts II made my eyes bleed with the live-action characters. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance was marginally better, but it still just didn't feel quite right.

SpongeBlade257

Favorite KH2 World: Beast's Castle mostly due to the setting and music.
I also love Atlantica as it's different from all the other worlds - sans 100 Acre Woods. It's bright, colorful and amusing, allowing me to take a break from fighting Heartless (plus I'm a sucker for the music)
(I know it's not popular but lol, I don't care. I liked it, so that's that.)

Least Favorite KH2 World: Pride Lands, due to extreme lack of abilities and controls (I'm fine with KH1 Atlantica though XD) and not being a huge fan of the movie it's based on in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back