• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Evolve A Lunarmaster54 and Abhorsen collab

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhorsen

"Good morning America, this is Chet Simmons with channel 5 news in Las Vegas, Nevada. Let’s get right into it. A small mom and pop store was reduced to rubble today. Two shifters who didn’t agree with each other started a brawl in the street that ended up destroying someone’s business. The two were arrested and taken into custody.”

(Chet touches his fingers to his earpiece) A wave of what looked like horror washed over Chet’s face. He looked at the camera,

“I have just learned that Jefferson city, Missouri is now mostly ash. (holds earpiece again) Salvation and a Rebel militia stationed in Jefferson city fought and Salvation was losing. They made the decision to use a large scale attack they call Retribution on the militia. We have footage? Alright, let’s take a look.. This may be too much to bear so if you’re unsure, turn away.”

The screen went black and lit back up with fire and nothingness. Families stared at the cameraman, children with singed clothes holding their blankets or stuffed animals stood along the streets. Homeless. Members of Salvation walked those same streets killing any that stood in their way. You could hear the cameraman weeping as he passed the dead as he walked. Some part of the rogue militia, some families, some small children who had died holding onto their dog out of fear from what was happening. As he turned the corner in the distance you could see a house crumble. You heard a woman scream. The cameraman tripped and fell, as he stood there was a man in the road. The man was wearing a black suit and tie. He approached the cameraman and laughed as he shot him in the head. The camera fell to the ground showing only the man’s shoes and a pool of blood. He picked the camera up and smiled then disappeared. The screen went black.

Chet reappeared head in hands sobbing at his desk. Saying the cameramans name over and over in sadness. Mumbling “those poor people” Then as if out of nowhere the man in the black suit appeared and put a gun to Chet’s head. Chet looked up startled his face drenched and eyes bloodshot. He begged the man to not shoot. The man laughed and tightened his pointer finger on the trigger. Chet shouted out no, as the man pulled the trigger. Chet then collapsed face first onto the desk. Blood began to drip from the desk as the man in the suit stepped into light.

“Salvation will not tolerate those that oppose God’s will, or those that sympathize the rebels cause. We will eradicate all that stand in God’s way. The screen went black, but you could still hear the man as he shot the entire news crew laughing and saying praise the Lord as he slaughtered them all..

Last edited:

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
“What I don’t understand is how they can do something like this and no one cares!”

Violet threw a stone across the water. She and her brother were at the beach, doing their best to blend in as everyone went about their day, enjoying themselves. The stone itself was perfect, flat and smooth and easy to toss across the water and into the ocean. She liked to fling things when she was agitated and the morning news had agitated her, to put it lightly.

Murder. Those animals could murder and slaughter without repercussion. In 2017, when a cop couldn’t even look at someone wrong without getting blasted for it, something as horrible as an entire news crew getting wiped out didn’t cause anyone to turn their heads. Steven, her beloved little brother, played close by in the water with some friends he had just met. This place, a random city with a random beach on the way to Las Vegas, was packed with people who hadn’t triggered yet. Innocent people. It was the perfect place for two kids to blend in and think about their next move.

Well.

Violet would think about their next move. She was the thinker after all.

The murdered news crew, as she found out later on with the use of google, were all shifters. According to comment sections people were just fine with these fanatics shooting up a news stations. As horrible as the news video was she had thought at least this means no more will people see these bastards as anything but evil. No more recruitment. No more nonsense going down in the shadows. In fact Violet even thought there would be a manhunt and all of them would be arrested by the government. Who would sympathize with people who made little kids dirty and hurt and orphans?

Most of the country it seemed.

Oh there were calls of horror and a little rioting but there was genuine approval for this! People wanted Shifters rounded up and killed and why? Because they were different? Because they had powers that could bend the environment? Because they were scared of them?

Violet hurled another stone, this was with a spark of electricity. It was hard to control that when she was distressed. She needed to be more careful or she’d take out everyone swimming and dallying.

Salvation wasn’t going away. They weren’t truly being opposed and they were being called war heroes. If she wanted to stay alive, if she wanted to keep her brother alive, then she was going to have to get serious. Fight fire with fire. Violet moved over to her brother who looked up at her with a smile.

“Stardust Valley is wonderful can we stay here for more than a day?” Steven asked.

“I want to.” Steven’s smile made her lips twitch and she wished she could shrug things off like he could. That she didn’t understand. She had heard ignorance was bliss before but she had never really gotten it until now “But tonight we’ve gotta go.”

It was dangerous to travel by night. But also necessary.

Steven’s smile fell and Violet ruffled his hair before walking away, weaving through the thong of beach goers and making it back towards her hotel and into the elevator. Her room was on the third floor.

So she went up to the fifth.

The little bell dinged and anxiety swirled through Violet’s stomach as she walked over to room 307 and slid a card out of her pocket, swiping it and moving in, making sure to lock and barricade it. The room inside was small and it stank. It smelled like old blood, piss and vomit. Violet ignored the stench and focused on her inner battery, making sure her hands sparked and that she had enough charge for this. She had set this up right before they had gone to the beach. Violet had sent Steven on ahead as soon as the person residing in this room caught her eye. All it took then was her following him and a flick of the wrist.

Violet had been agitated then too. It showed.

Bound to a toilet pipe with shining silver hand cuffs was a man with a rather large afro. His chocolate brown eyes were bloodshot as he looked up at her, tugging uselessly on the cuffs and his suit a once sharply cut black and emerald green. Now it was ragged and dirty. In his mouth was a nastly looking black gag.

“So Daniel.” Violet’s voice was purposefully steady “Either you can tell me what I want to know about where Salvation is stationed in the next few towns on the way to Vegas or I can hurt you again. I can even hook the battery back up. Are you willing to talk?”

Those bloodshot eyes glared daggers at her. She sighed, her hands sparking madly.

When the muffled screaming started the anxiety in Violet’s stomach was replaced by a bubbly red hot rage.

Maybe if she’d been calmer Violet would have noticed, on either of her room trips, the small camera perched in the corner of the bathroom.

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Renn was always a late riser... He checked the watch on his wrist as he got out of his sleeping bag, it was 2:30 in the afternoon and the first phase of his trek across the states towards Las Vegas. It was when he rose that he spotted another sleeping bag on the other side of the dead campfire he made. "Hey lazy bum glad to finally see you awake." "who are you?" Renn asked as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "My name is Claire." "Renn. Nice to meet you... let me guess you found my campfire while I was sleeping?" "yup. and oddly enough the demons started chasing me but once I got relatively close they ran off. I wonder why that is." "power perception... Most demons tend to stay away from strong shifters." "Ah... Well they must've known to stay away from you because if you woke. you'd kill them all." "How many were chasing you?" "About 3 or 4." Renn pulled out a pair of energy bars and tossed one to her. "Thanks but I have my own food." "Just eat it."

Renn and Claire soon packed up their sleeping bags. "well it was nice meeting you." Renn said. "wait! where are you headed?" "Las Vegas..." "So am I! Can I accompany you?" "can you handle flying at mach 1.5?" "no.. but I do have transportation back on the road." "Then I'll see you at Las Vegas then." "Renn shot up into the sky like superman and started flying east.

Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Lost Cause -~

Outskirts of Austin, Texas

Kaien heard the news broadcast, he heard that Salvation had caused chaos. He'd figured out that the newscaster in that group had been fellow Shifters. He heard the people cheering on Salvation for what they'd done. It'd made him sick to his stomach. He'd only recovered a couple hours ago, but even then he still felt nauseous. A glance in Arashi's and Mana's direction reassured him that they were fine. He'd been worried since the vision he'd had the night before, although in light of these recent events, he'd hoped that the other shop in his vision didn't blowup. It'd suck if that was the case, especially with all of the lives that would be lost to the explosion.

Couldn't he just prevent that tragedy?

Dread started rolling around in his stomach as a thought crossed his mind. No, please don't.... He begged whatever higher power that was listening to him.

A moment later the sound of an explosion tore through air. Mana and Arashi looked off in the direction it sounded like it came from, and before it could reach them, Mana carefully conjured a shield to protect them. The girl had gotten good at using her powers without people figuring out she was a shifter. He heard people asking what the explosion was, and one even asked if a member of Salvation was nearby based on the protective shield that had come into being. He wasn't about to say anything, and a quick glance at the clock told him they had two more hours to waste before the next bus.

He caught Arashi's gaze, knowing that she would look after Mana, he nodded and rose from the table he'd been sitting at. He didn't bother to grab the water from the table, instead he left the little cafe table and headed for ground zero of the explosion. He heard the emergency sirens wailing in the distance, he heard the cries of the people. He knew the newscasters would be all over the scene, but even so he moved closer; he just had to know for sure....

The sight of a shop being scorched, the flames in the distance and the trashed cars. It should have been confirmation enough, but Kaien forced himself to move closer, closer to ground zero until he started seeing bodies. He saw the first couple of corpses and he felt like he was going to puke all over again, he'd even doubled over and started coughing, trying to clear his airway in the hopes it wouldn't happen. He heard the ringing in his ears, he wanted to pass out because of the body of the five-year-old child in front of him.

Damn Salvation, damn the shifters that gave them bad names.

Just damn everyone.

He hadn't realized he was on the ground until he felt the weight of someone's hand on his shoulder. Looking up at them, Kaien blinked slowly, trying to process what was happening currently. He vaguely recognized the man from his vision, and something told him that he should stay quiet even with the man's kind brown eyes. So, when the man asked, "Are you okay son?" Kaien didn't say a word, he instead dropped his eyes and played the part of the properly confused, shell-shocked citizen.

Tears started to fall from his eyes, he mutely shook his head even as his hands trembled in his lap. He couldn't stop this, even though he'd been right here. He couldn't...what good is it having powers if he couldn't save anyone? He felt the man's fingers dig into his skin, the pain an attempt at a distraction but it wasn't good enough. He shrugged them off, he shakily got to his feet and headed back toward the girls, the sirens getting louder the closer they got to him. He knew that he wouldn't be blamed for it, obviously since he was just a "normal kid" that had been "traumatized" by the events he'd come across. He knew that they'd try to blame this on the Rebels, but it wasn't worth dignifying anyone with an answer.

His mind circled to his next vision, he had to get to Las Vegas to stop it. He stumbled a bit as someone grabbed a hold of him, looking back at them with sad eyes, Kaien felt a couple more tears slide down his face. He hoped it helped the image, and it seemed to do it as the church man's expression softened. "You know God's the answer right. He won't let the person responsible for this go unpunished, you can always find comfort in Him." The Salvation member spoke.

Kaien felt his heart harden at the saying. Yeah, he knew that. He used to attend church, but he'd abandoned that habit once the Shift had happened. Shrugging the Salvation member off, he mumbled bitterly, "If that's true, why did He let it happen in the first place? I can't follow or believe in something that allows harm to befall others."

He didn't wait for an answer, Kaien just stalked off back toward the girls. He ignored everything around him, he didn't even acknowledge his sister when he got back to the cafe he'd left them at. He knew Arashi was concerned, but it didn't matter to him at that point. He just wanted to get out of town, looking at the route again, he saw that nothing was due for the next half hour at least. "We're walking until we get to the next area, so let's get moving." He grumbled, and without another word on the matter, Kaien got walking toward the next city.

Arashi and Mana both exchanged a look, the older girl hefting the backpack with the non-perishable food higher onto her back before the two girls started walking after Kaien. All three of them wishing that the car they'd previously been driving hadn't been totaled by the daemons they'd fought the previous week.

~- Lonely Soul -~

Memphis, Tennessee

It was approaching sundown, Mia had been running through town; just trying to find Tyler and their pit bull Cerberus. She had to know that they were safe, if not she'd surely snap from the stress of it all. She heard the sobbing first, it took her a moment to find the two she searched for. She saw that Cerberus was laying on the ground, completely still. She saw Tyler on the ground, completely unharmed but still giving voice to his sadness. She watched as her brother looked up at her, his dark eyes tear filled even as a hardness threatened to consume the gentleness of the boy that was there and she once knew.

She sensed the sudden unbalanced quality to her brother's soul, a darkness coiling tight around it and threatening to choke it. She stood there tense, trying to figure out what she should do when the coldness disappeared completely, leaving her feeling confused if it had ever been there in the first place. She saw the grief come rushing to the forefront in her brother's eyes.

Even so, that coldness that had appeared in his eyes when she had shown herself. Something about it bothered her, but she brushed it off in the hopes that maybe it was just grief.

Wichita, Kansas

Mia jolted awake from the dream she was having, her breath coming in a startled gasp as her eyes darted around her, searching. The melody was whimsical, something not as dark as she'd typically pick but she wasn't the one driving at the moment so she didn't have much choice in it. She knew the words fluently, even the ones in French. She did enjoy the top being down on the mustang, the sun and breeze felt amazing on her skin even as they cruised at highway speed.

She saw the way Tyler's grip tightened on the steering wheel, she could see the coldness returning to his eyes once more. It was the same coldness from three weeks ago, and just like then, it made a knot of ice settle in her stomach. Swallowing a little bit, she asked softly, "Brother, what's wrong?"

The nineteen-year-old briefly glanced her way, the hardness in his eyes becoming even more intense. She knew she had to tread with caution, not that Tyler would ever hurt her, it's just he was always a little...unwell mentally, which was only aggravated once the Shift had happened. "There's so much death today, it's a little distressing don't you think? Besides, last night.... never mind, just get some more rest Mia."

She didn't think it'd be a wise idea, not with her dream involving Cerberus, but she could tell there wasn't much room for argument. Even so, she shook her head and answered, "I'll rest when I'm tired, Ty." She saw his knuckles turn white, but he didn't say a single thing to her, it wasn't a surprise though since he usually didn't talk about things when he got aggravated. It would get discussed by him, yet it wasn't always right away since he needed the time to compose himself. Shaking her head, Mia decided it'd be best to just leave it alone and try to enjoy the ride. Seeming to realize his harshness toward her, she caught a glimpse of him softening a fraction. "Sorry, I didn't mean for that to come out the way it did. Thanks for the support again, Mia, and if you do get tired; feel free to get some sleep. I'm fine driving for now." He whispered, his words softer than before so it gave her a sense of normalcy.

Nodding her head, Mia found that all of a sudden she was exhausted again so she drifted off to sleep once more.

Last edited:

HyperShadic

Awards
Things weren't going Slate's way that morning, first he had misplaced his cell phone and charger, then his mom and dad nearly made him late for his first flight. Slate sighed getting off the plane. The change-over at Denver was the fastest way his brother had found that he could get on, and even then the trip was set back by inclement weather. He sat in the terminal looking out at the storm clouds gathering outside. He wasn't normally in favor of superstition, but in light of what the national news anchors were discussing what happened to a news anchor in Las Vegas, he had to see the future being just as turbulent in the future.

“I can't believe it,” Slate glanced to his left looking at a man in a fancy looking suit as he spoke to a well-dressed woman next to him, “Why would the rebels push them that far?” “It is a shame, but I don't intend to try saying anything,” the woman replied. Shes hook her head, before adding, "Thank goodness we don't have to worry about it.” Slate lowered his hat and glanced away, knowing that they wouldn't be talking like that if they knew that it could just as easily been them or their loved ones. An announcement came on about his flight towards Las Vegas, he got up and proceeded to his gate while glancing out the window at the storm clouds. I hope this thing isn't some kind of trap by Salvation. This could be putting a big target on my back, he thought as he joined the group getting ready to board the plane.

A man was talking rather loudly about the recent tragedy, "I think those shifters got what they deserved, helping those rebels and using those people as shields," the man then turned to Slate asking, "ain't that right kid?" Slate sighed before responding, "I doubt that the intention was to use those people as human shields, but I don't plan on taking any side until I have more information, sorry." The man scoffed and turned back to his travel companion saying, "Ha, damn kid wants to be a politician." The man's companion nodded and began talking about several other things. A teenage girl turned and whispered, "I'm right there with you man. Those Salvation guys are nothing but trouble." Slate sighed and shook his head focusing on the attendant getting everyone ready to board the plane.

Abhorsen

Aster woke up exhausted, he had spent half the night prior practicing with his power and burning the image of the man in the black suit into his mind. He had watched the broadcast. It was on every channel. Every single channel. The man in the suit had signed his death warrant. No mercy would be shown. He had killed everyone on shift that night at channel 5 news. Chet simply felt pity and sorrow for pointless killing, and he died for it.

“Coward..” muttered Aster as he threw off the sheet that covered him.

He had spent the night in a hotel room, he flew in the window and used his power to keep the door from opening. He wasn’t a thief, he didn’t intend to even stay there.
It was more or less circumstance. He was flying towards Vegas and happened to see some thugs kicking some girl on the ground. So, naturally he stopped and helped. Not that she needed it. She was baiting the poor bastards. Vampires.. It was a rare shift from what he had seen, not many got it. However, it is a handful to deal with. He had fought a pair of them in southern California. Obviously, he won.

“Hehehe,” Aster chuckled. They were a riot. He didn’t kill them. Just knocked them unconscious and took their cash. A man’s gotta eat..

After tidying up the room and taking a shower, Aster changed, brushed his teeth and was off. Sure, he had stole a nights stay. Really though, that was hardly an issue. He glided to the ground and walked across the street to a small restaurant. He could smell breakfast cooking. He wanted to eat everything, but he only had sixty bucks. He could spend half and eat like a king or be smart and ration it out.

“Decisions..” muttered Aster as he walked inside.

Inside it looked like every diner ever. Aster wasn’t disappointed, but he had hoped for something a little more..well, upscale. He sat at a table and the waitress took his drink order

“Coffee please”

She left him with a menu and a water. As he looked over the menu he pushed his telekinetic bubble throughout the room, he can discreetly sense and feel for mal intent in others this way. He felt none. As he retracted his bubble the waitress returned with his coffee and sat it on the table. She smiled and asked what he would like to eat. He asked for the 7.99 special. She smiled and scribbled his order on her book and hung his order in the kitchen for the cook to make.

As Aster waited for his food he looked out the window. It was quiet outside, not like the scuffle last night with that Vampire girl. At least she drank away those church assholes. No one really deserves death, but this isn’t the world from three weeks ago. Everything has changed. His mind slipped away daydreaming about his lost lover.

“Sir, your food is ready. Here you go.” said the waitress as she sat his plate in front of him and quietly left.

Aster heard her he just wanted this moment to last. He was reliving the moments he had lost. He would avenge her, make whoever caused this to happen, perish. That was his mission.

He pulled his mind back and turned towards his food. As he ate he noticed that the girl from last night walked through the door wearing a short sun dress, some white converse, and sunglasses. She spotted him in an instant. He smiled sheepishly and waved. She seemed nice enough, if you ignore the fact that she drinks people.
As she approached to sit with him there was an explosion outside. They both turned to look only to see a man with a cane walking towards a guy cowering on the ground.

Aster rose to deal with the situation, but before he could the girl was gone and outside.

She was holding the man’s cane as he swung down to strike the man on the ground. The man with the cane screamed out and pulled his cane back. Aster could see the girl talking to him. She seemed to be calming him down.

As she spoke the man’s posture slumped and he turned around and walked away.
She smiled and helped the man who had fallen in fear up to his feet. By this time Aster was outside waiting by the door to ask her what she had done to quell the situation. She smiled back at him and replied with.

“I’m charming when need be”

Aster scoffed at her horrible pun, he asked her name.

“Everie”

She definitely could handle herself, that was evident. Aster decided that he would see where she was headed and see if she wanted to travel together. He could use some company, and she may want a friend. So he asked her. She declined.

“Naa, I appreciate it but, you will slow me down.”

Aster laughed, “Will I now?”

Everie replied, “yea, look at that huge sword, you’ll take forever.”

Aster leaned in really close and whispered to her, “My shift is telekinesis”

Everie’s eyes widened, “Actually, you make a good point. Lets work together.”

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- Welcome to the New Age -~

Austin, Texas

“Salvation will not tolerate those that oppose God’s will, or those that sympathize the rebels cause. We will eradicate all that stand in God’s way."

The cry of a bird of prey broke Kisara's thought process, dragging her from the memory of that hellish broadcast and back to the present. She looked up, raising a hand to windblown hair as her eyes tracked the speck soaring high over the Mustang she and Leo were riding in. The raptor kept pace with the convertible without seeming to even try, something that the Shapeshifter knew wouldn't be possible if it wasn't one of their own. She listened, waiting until she heard the cry again, this time with a slight upswing in the notes at the end, before she turned to Leo and said softly, "Slow down just a bit so he can land."

Leo did, taking the car from 85 down to 65, and Kisara watched as the eagle dove out of the sky, aiming for the backseat of the Mustang. She reached out, laying a steadying hand on the bird's black feathers. He turned a cool glare on her, his eyes brilliant blue instead of a true eagle's golden eye color. She took her hand away, allowing the space needed for the bird to shed his feathers, instead to be replaced with Raphael's dark jacket and equally dark look. Matching his glare, Kisara said, "What'd you see?"

"Smoke from miles away," Raph said, turning away from her so he could get more comfortable in the back of the car. Kisara wished for a moment that she had Raph's ability to grow wings and fly; they'd been traveling for nearly a day already, ever since they'd left Georgia. The speed of the car, the music selection, and the ability to flip the top down on the Mustang definitely helped, but Kisara's inner cat was starting to go crazy from being confined to a small space for extended periods, and the brief moments of Shifting into her lion-skin wasn't enough. At least Raph had open sky and wind around him when he took to the air.

However, the suggestion of smoke that high in the air, and the shadowed look in Raph's eyes... Kisara just knew something terrible had happened. "Do you think it's Salvation?"

"Hard to tell anymore," Leo said, his eyes glued on the road. His voice was so soft, his words would have been lost to the wind for any without enhanced hearing. Looking further out, he said, "However, we gotta stop in Austin for gas and something to eat, so I guess we'll found out soon enough. Keep you head down, and no Shifting until we get out of town. Just a friendly reminder for all three of us."

"And keep your nose out for any Alliance in the city; we might be able to use their help when we get to Vegas," Raphael said quietly. Kisara gave a slight nod of her head, letting the guys both know she'd heard them, before training her eyes on the road ahead, watching the miles tick down to another stop on their way to their final destination.

Last edited:

Abhorsen

Aster looked up from his coffee, “So, what is your plan?”

Everie brushed a wisp of hair from her face as she spoke, “ I am not entirely sure, I saw that poor news caster Chet, die for having emotions. That shook me up, it also made me think. I was trying to avoid hurting others by feeding, but now since Salvation wants to abuse their powers. Pretending to be heaven sent, I drummed up a solution. I will bait them as a weak shifter, lure them in. Then, Boom! I will strike.”

Aster watched her eyes light up as she spoke. She spoke with such enthusiasm, as if she had it all solved. “There is so much more to it than this Everie,” said Aster as he interrupted her.

She looked confused and somewhat angry.

“What do you mean?” asked Everie.

Aster raised an eyebrow as if to say are you sure. Everie sat there patiently waiting for a response.

“Fine,” said Aster trying to carefully sip his coffee that was nearly boiling in his cup.

He sat his cup down as he began to speak, “here is how it really is. Salvation is just getting started. What we are seeing is a grasp for power. These are religious fanatics that have assumed benevolence and are acting out their rendition of a holy purge. That being said, we have yet to see or hear from the government. That scares me more than what just happened in Vegas. What we really need to do is lay low. Figure out what is going on. Gather information, and make plans. If we do as you say, and ‘ambush’ what’s to say that they won’t after a few of those surprise attacks be planning a counter attack just for us? Any power can be out there. So, we may be powerful in our own minds. However, we may be garbage to them. So, I say we stay alive. I say we be smart and build our numbers while trying to crush theirs. All the while, avoiding unnecessary fights that will only raise alarm and make us targets. I can cause sheer havoc just by thinking it. So if we need an escape, you look terrified and I will bring the rain.”

“No” retorted Everie.

Confused, Aster replied, “What do you mean, no?

Everie slammed her hands on the table, “ I am not weak, I can handle myself. I get your plan. It makes sense, but I cannot stand and watch. I get that you're stronger. I get that you're able to make stuff happen without making a scene. I just can’t not help. I’m gonna help.

Aster chuckled, “You’re going to be a handful aren’t you.”

Everie glared at him then burst out laughing. “Of course, and your stuck with me.”

“Stuck? How?” asked Aster amused and confused.

“I’m not leaving, I’m your partner now. Where you go, I go. Well mostly..” said Everie as she blushed a little. She hadn’t meant to sound perverse she didn’t even usually like men, but it came out that way and she didn’t mind the thoughts of it. She looked up to see if he had noticed. Relieved to find he was preoccupied.

Aster was looking out the window, there were three hooded figures in the street outside the diner. They were talking to the old man from earlier. Aster watched as they spoke. Everie was speaking but he couldn’t really listen. The old man pointed his cane at the diner window straight at Everie. It was then one of the figures disappeared, then reappeared inside the diner door and turned towards Everie and Aster. Dropping the hood revealed a man with dark hair and glowing yellow eyes. A beard and neck tattoos. As he walked closer, Aster could feel his presence, his intent. Death. There wasn’t much time to react. Aster flung a chair at the man hitting him only to fall to the floor. The man smirked, unharmed.

“Everie, let me take this one.” said Aster as he rose to his feet.

“You're leaving, now!” said Aster as he held his hand up palm facing the man who was nearly upon them.

The man laughed and his eyes began to glow even brighter. Aster pushed a wave of telekinetic energy into the man’s chest forcing him from his feet and into the floor.
Aster grabbed Everie’s hand and pulled her outside as the man got to his feet. The two others stood across the street waiting hoods still hiding their faces. Aster paused and called to his sword which he had left on the roof of the diner. It snapped to his side and floated in mid air. Everie stood tense and smiled showing her fangs.

“Cheap shot” said the man as he walked from the diner. Eyes still glowing yellow, except now he looked angry.

Aster lifted from the ground his sword followed him spinning in place as he ascended. The man with the yellow eyes yelled out, “not fair! I can't fly.” Aster laughed as he looked down. Everie had disappeared from sight.

“Put up or shutup” said Aster mockingly.

The man gritted his teeth as his eyes grew even brighter than before. Bolts of lightning shot from his eyes towards Aster, who dipped out of the way and flung his sword at the man. It struck true and lobbed the man’s head off in one sweep. As the head slumped from his shoulders the yellow light faded then disappeared. His legs buckled as he fell onto his chest. Dead.

“I just finished saying.. lay low, don’t draw attention, bla bla bla” blurted Aster mocking himself as he looked towards the two other hooded figures. One was missing the other was banging their knee with their hand. They seemed to be laughing.

“Want to clue me in on why death is funny?” yelled Aster across the street.

They removed their hood. Revealing a woman with blonde hair in a ponytail, circular glasses, and a slim build. She continued to laugh as she approached Aster.

“That guy pissed me off, I should thank you for killing him.” said the woman, still walking.

“It wasn’t what I wanted, he wanted to kill me. I’m not going to lay down and die. Not for anyone.” replied Aster as he readied himself for another fight.

…………………..

Everie saw that the man was busy with Aster and the other two across the street were watching so she used this time to disappear. She turned into a mist and slid into the alleyway beside the diner. She was out of sight.

“Now, let's get started.”

Everie as fast as she could shot across the street and threw a rock at the closest hooded figure. She was down the alley that lay ahead of her and onto the next street. The person she hit with the rock took the bait. They rounded the corner angered and ran after Everie.

“Perfect,” muttered Everie as the figure came into sight.

She ran at max speed and tore her nails across their chest. As she passed she spun around slammed her foot into the back of the person's head making contact knocking them onto the ground.

“Are you ok?” mocked Everie.

They stood and flung the cloak from their body revealing a man with a large build. Very muscular, and tan he stood about 6’3” and looked like he could kill puppies with no remorse.

“I will be fine. You however, will die today. Vampire scum” said the man as he cracked his neck back into place.

“Oh, will I?” said Everie as she readied herself to attack him again.

She lunged forward and swung a kick at his face. The man took the hit right in the jaw. Breaking it instantly.

“That should change your mind.” said Everie as she readied another lunge.

The man touched his jaw, then started to adjust it as if he could fix it. Then miraculously it healed. He healed just as she did.

“Wait, are you?”

“A werewolf? Yes, you feeble minded child” grunted the man whose jaw was functioning again.

“Well, isn’t this cliche.” snorted Everie as she bolted towards him yet again. Only this time he hit her first. He backhanded her into the wall and onto the cement. Some of her ribs were definitely broken and her head was bleeding. She stood to her feet fighting back the pain as he struck her again, this time he buried his fist into her gut. He grabbed her head and squeezed it until her skull fractured and gave way. Her eyes and nose began to bleed and she was teetering in and out of consciousness. The man laughed and spit in her face as he ripped her shirt from her body and tied it around her neck suffocating her.

Everie passed out. She lay on the cold wet nasty cement, bleeding and half naked.

The man stomped his foot into her chest crushing her chest and left her for dead. He gathered his cloak and walked back to the street where he had left his partner.

……………………………

Aster readied himself for what may come as the woman approached. His body tensed as she raised her hands to reveal what looked like an icy fog from them.

“Ice powers?” thought Aster to himself.

She started laughing and began flinging ice discs at Aster. He pulled his sword in front of him and blocked the discs that shattered when they hit the sword. Aster raised his hands and pulled them down towards the ground while facing the woman. Making a psudo-gravitational push downwards. She struggled at first to walk then stumbled and fell to her knees. As she struggled to raise her head to look at Aster who stood a few feet from her. She laughed, you will die. Klaus will kill you as he did your little friend.

“Enough!” snapped Aster as he increased the pressure and crushed her organs in her body, turning her insides to paste.

He looked around to try to see Everie. She wasn’t in eyeshot. So he levitated upwards and scanned the area. After a few minutes of searching he heard a crash and turned his gaze towards the sound. He flew in that direction and stopped abruptly when he saw a large muscular man covered in blood.

“Where is she?!” yelled Aster with pure rage.

“Oh, the vampire? She is dead or dying in that alley behind me. Are you sad?” said the man laughing behind a evil smile.

“You will be.” said Aster as he divebombed the man. He split his sword into two pieces and grabbed one in each hand. As he landed he slashed the swords in an X formation releasing intense telekinetic pressure at the man. The man buckled to one knee and smiled.

“I will enjoy this” said the man as he transformed into a giant wolf humanoid. He roared as the transformation completed.

“Die” muttered Aster as he lunged at the werewolf. Both swords swinging at the wolf’s head. The werewolf nimbly dodged and slashed at Aster who repelled the slash with a push of telekinetic power. Knocked off balance the werewolf struggled to gain footing only to find a sword buried in his shoulder.

The werewolf cried out in pain and reverted into his human form. His ribs and heart showing as his arm and upper shoulder hung from his body. Blood gushed from the wound. Aster connected the swords back into one and raised the sword above the man who was on his knees struggling to remain conscious. As the man looked up at the sword, Aster brought it down and sundered the man in half from top to bottom.

Before the body fell to the floor Aster was into the alley where Everie lay. Her head bleeding and her chest caved in. Aster rushed to her side and listened to see if she was breathing. She was!

“I’m so glad.” muttered Aster as he nealt to cradle her limp body in his arms. She mumbled and gasped for breath. She had begun to heal. Aster lifted from the ground and flew until he was a few miles from the town. He stopped at a small clearing and laid her in the grass under a large tree. She needed some clothes and his wouldn't do. He remembered seeing a small house just outside the clearing so he flew towards it. In the backyard he found some clothes on a clothes line. They were mostly dry and there was a dress too. He grabbed the dress and a couple towels and took off back to where Everie was.

When he returned she was slightly conscious but still in need of time to repair herself. He removed her remaining clothing and wiped her down removing the blood. He put the dress on her and sat down to wait.

“ I imagine you can hear me.. I’m so sorry you got hurt. I didn’t know where you went. So, I tried to kill them as fast as possible. I imagine we will be on the news for this. There is no way no-one saw us fighting. I hope you’re going to be okay.” said Aster with deep concern in his voice.

Everie winced and half smiled then again fell unconscious.

Lunarmaster54

Awards
It wasn’t that Steven was immature or anything, it’s just that most of the time he didn’t like to focus on the bad things.

For the last three weeks life had been hell for most people. In one fell swoop suddenly everybody was miserable and scared and no one knew what to do as chaos spread across the world like wildfire. They were forced to adapt, to change and do what they can to survive. Survival instinct does weird things to people. It can turn the hardest gangster into a sniveling coward or it can turn a sniveling coward into the bravest of heroes. About the only neat thing Steven could take out of the current world situation was his new ability to mess around with time. It was a lot easier to survive if you can take time and twist it into a ball. The events of the last few weeks had turned his sister into a darker person so Steven knew it was up to him to be cheerful enough for the both of them, so, he decided that while his beloved older sister was focusing on the bad things then he would just have to always focus on the good. He was the one who found Sunshine Valley and he had hoped that Violet could enjoy the beaches and sun with him. For a while it looked like she did,

Then the day turned into afternoon which bled into nighttime.

It became a lot harder for Steven to look on the brightside when his sister was torturing a man on television.

“Son of a BITCH!”

It was hard to focus on the good things when Violet was throwing the tv remote at the bathroom mirror.

“Shock and horror fill the hearts of Americans today as one of our own is cut down. Tortured to DEATH by a little girl”

Steven couldn’t tear his eyes away from tv Violet as she coldly demanded information about Salvation. Information that her victim, because there was no other way to describe the poor man, refused to give her.

“Steven turn that off.” Violet was rushing around the room, throwing their few belongings into their backpacks. Steven barely heard her.

“How long are we going to allow these unprovoked attacks go on for?” the news man looked very familar. Steven could swear that he’s seen him somewhere before “How long is innocent blood going to be shed for before someone does something about it?! Daniel Kendal had a wife. Children! He was a son, father and brother! Now he’s been cut down in his prime by a cowardly shifter who clearly can’t even figure out what’s right and what’s wrong.”

“I said turn it off!” Violet’s voice had an edge to it now as she looked around for anything that she might have missed.

“Sunshine Valley is in an uproar as police mobilize to capture this girl, this Violet Anderson, before she can hurt any more innocent people. Through no fault of his own Daniel’s life came to an unfortunate end, hopefully no one else’s will be cut short by this monster of a girl.”

“Turn it OFF!”

A bolt of lightning shot past Steven’s head and collided with the television, destroying it. Steven turned around and stared at Violet wide eyes and she trembled. With obvious effort the girl composed herself, eyes downcast.

“Sorry.” She said quietly.

“For killing the tv?” Steven asked, voice equally soft, “or for killing a person?”

Violet’s eyes went up, staring into his intently as the room turned red and blue, sirens screaming and angry feet stomping up the stairs. She kicked something on the floor and her sword scabbard flipped up into the air. She snatched caught it, gave it a quick spin and slowly unsheated it, the blade crackling with sparks and pure power. When she spoke her voice was carefully measured, words heavy in the air.

“It was a nice tv.”

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- It's Okay -~

Mana wasn't sure what they should do. Or even how they'd take care of things given everything, they'd been walking for at least a few miles. Kaien still refused to talk about whatever happened back in the town, they were currently at a rest area, it didn't look too impressive in Mana's mind. If anything it seemed like a typical one. It was also nighttime, so Mana knew they were likely to stop for the night soon. She stared down at the sandwich in her hands, thinking about some of the snippets she'd caught on the news. A member of salvation had been tortured, a shop had been demolished in Austin, Texas. A fight outside a restaurant in some town, one she couldn't remember. It was just a quick blurp, apparently they were trying to figure it out more.

She had noticed Kaien's mood take a downward turn at the mention of the shop, and she thought she'd caught a glimpse of him on the tv looking shellshocked. Tears started to prick her eyes at the thought of all the destruction, this wasn't right, by any sort of standard. Pulling out the notebook in her backpack, she grabbed a violet ink pen and started writing away, the words coming out in cursive since her father had insisted on her learning it. She didn't pay any attention to her two guardians, her focus on solely the words in front of her despite the dangers.

The mustang drove down the road, approaching the city of Austin. The driver, a blonde haired boy, was speeding faster than he logically should be given he's an out-of-stater (is that even a word), the female passenger was starting to get restless from being confined in the small space. Overheard is a raptor, it gives a cry twice, trying to tell the driver to slow down. After the driver chose to obey, the raptor divebombed the backseat, shifting...Wait, I shouldn't write that.

They pull into the town of Austin, driving for a little while until they reach the site of the explosion. Stopping, they search around for a while, trying to get get answers to what happened. They learn what set off the explosion, and about the boy traveling with two girls; who cleared out a little while afterwards. Not that the trio is being blamed for the incident, they were just normal citizens.

Mana tapped the end of the pen to her mouth, thinking of how to continue the short scene that had appeared in her mind. Her eyes drifting back to the raptor segment, there was something else that was supposed to be written there; but whenever she tried, her creativity locked up almost as if she didn't want to finish that sentence. It was irritating to say the least. Shaking her head, she skipped to the second paragraph, rereading it to try and get herself back on track. The next set of words formed in her head, her eyes becoming brighter as a smile danced across her face. It was worth the stress of the fight, she knew it. Putting the pen back to paper, Mana started writing once more.

The trio in the mustang comes across the trio from town, and upon seeing that they are fighting some other Shifters,
they decide to help out, even if it's only because the older five decide it'd be easiest for their youngest member. The youngest already has a scratch on her forearm, something that was dealt from...no, bad Mana. Anyway, defeating the shifters, even if it's just barely, the six decide to travel together only to realize there is no way for them to get six people into the mustang.

The dark-haired boy volunteers to take the youngest one, realizing his ability to shift into a flying creature (dragon, pegasus? I don't know) and taking the youngest into the sky with him. Despite the youngest's guardians' protests, they choose to let it happen as him and his twin climb into the backseat of the mustang. More light hearted adventures begin for the six of them even if the overarching adventure is still fraught with tension. Including trouble with getting---

"What are you writing there Mana?" Kaien asked, breaking her focus from the story she'd been trying to tell.

Looking at him with a flash of irritation in her eyes, Mana put her writing equipment into her backpack, feeling the residue of her shift magic slipping away from her. Taking a couple of breaths, she focused back on Kaien and smiled cheerfully. She saw the attempted smile, but it didn't reach his eyes, the pain too clear in them and made Mana want to wrap him up in a hug. Her eyes darted around them, seeing all the other people, she answered vaguely, "Just a little something to try and brighten spirits."

Kaien understood why she got the vague, a short nod was all he did in answer before he returned to eating the sandwich that had been made. Arashi had gotten done a couple minutes ago, although where she'd slipped off to Mana wasn't entirely sure. She hoped the other girl was getting things to help replenish their supplies, especially since they ran out of bread. A pink tint came to her cheeks at the silliness of that thought, it's not like they could afford to keep anything "fresh" on them given the heat. The only things Arashi could replenish their supplies with wasn't exactly the healthiest of things.

Which sucked, Mana really wanted some fruit.

Hearing a faint sound, Mana looked to the bushes to her right. She saw the smallest of rustling in the bushes across the parking lot, and she felt her stomach twist into a knot at what she knew was on the other side. "Get Arashi," she hissed to Kaien, kicking her backpack under the bench as she rose to her feet. She knew Kaien was confused, but the young adult did as he was told, running off to retrieve his twin. Mana didn't move from her spot, she knew that they wouldn't attack until the twins got back, that's how the scene went in her head.

Sometimes she hated her shift.

It took a few moments, but the twins got back. Before they could ask what was wrong, Mana screamed, "Everyone, get inside!"

Some people looked at her, thinking she was crazy but they got in their cars and drove away, others retreated inside to get away from the crazy kid. Others still stood outside, ignoring her warning until a cougar came prowling out with two wolves on its tail; the three predators eyes were focused on the the different people. Storm clouds instantly rolled in, before a downpour of rain begun, thunder rumbling overhead with flashes of lightning. This succeeded on getting everyone inside.

Mana didn't look behind her at the twins, instead her glaive appeared in her hands as she subtly wrote the words for shield and concealment in the air. Hiding the rest area building from the view of the predators and concealing the Shifters that were outside, both human and animal, from the innocent bystanders within. The cars that were still within the parking lot received the same treatment, guaranteeing that this fight wouldn't appear on the news. Kaien and Arashi moved forward, the sword and shield that Kaien preferred appeared in his hand while the archery set that Arashi wielded magically appeared.

"Watch yourselves, they won't go down without a fight." Mana warned, her voice tight with concern for the twins even though she knew she'd be the one to get the worst injuries.

"Mana, don't write this kind of stuff anymore, understand?" Kaien ordered, before he was forced away from the group to deal with the canine that had gone after him. Arashi was forced to deal with the other wolf, leaving Mana to deal with the cougar.

Tightening her grip on the glaive, Mana swung it to get the cougar to back off. She glanced briefly toward the expressway, hoping that their rescuers weren't too far away before she focused back on the cougar. Her mind already working on a method to get this taken care of, even if everything she was thinking of started to fall away before it could really have a chance to form.

She wasn't looking forward to this.

~- Ruling Those Beneath Your Feet -~

Mia was glad to be off the road for the night, even though Tyler had slipped out a little after they'd gotten there. She knew what he was going off to do, it broke her heart even if she knew it was needed. She heard the voices of the dead, they were whispering to her, telling her that her personal mission was futile. She couldn't believe it, if she did that meant she had only two options left, and neither were ones that she wanted to acknowledge. She fiddled with her phone, checking the time on it a couple of times. She hoped Tyler stayed out until after the news, because she knew depending on what it said, she'd have more trouble to deal with.

“Shock and horror fill the hearts of Americans today as one of our own is cut down. Tortured to DEATH by a little girl."

Why couldn't he have just gone to sleep? It would have been easier. She thought to herself, and seeing that it was time for the news, she turned on the tv and flipped to the news channel. She didn't care what the news anchor had to say, or what their name was, instead she watched the video of a girl "torturing" a member of Salvation. She didn't hear the door when it opened, or when it shut behind whoever opened it, she was too focused on the different disasters that the news was covering that night. It took her a moment to realize it when someone sat down next to her, she glanced in their direction to see it was Tyler, his eyes a little unfocused.

"How long are we going to allow these unprovoked attacks go on for? How long is innocent blood going to be shed for before someone does something about it?! Daniel Kendal had a wife. Children! He was a son, father and brother! Now he’s been cut down in his prime by a cowardly shifter who clearly can’t even figure out what’s right and what’s wrong.”

Reaching out a hesitant hand, she placed it on her brother's shoulder. She saw the way he started, looking around him until he could focus on her again. "Did, did I do something while we were traveling?" He asked, confusion shining in his eyes as he tried to figure out what was going on.

A sad smile drifted across her face, shaking her head she answered, "No, you didn't. Did you enjoy your walk?"

Tyler shook his head, looking away from her totally ashamed of whatever had happened while he was out. It told her everything she needed to know, it also broke her heart at the thought. She sighed a little before climbing off the bed, moving over to the corner of the room, she bent down and undid the clasps on the case. Flipping the lid for the case open, she pulled out the violin and the bow. Stepping backwards, she got into the position she needed and worked the violin to weave out the haunting, heartbreaking melody that was playing in her mind. Tyler sat there, listening to the melody, trying to think of what to say.

He caught himself singing softly, supplying the words of the song before he went quiet again. She didn't stop playing though, sliding from the promise that she'd be there to protect him to a different melody, another lullaby that their mother used to sing to them when they were little. She wished their mother was there, she wished she was just a little girl again. Mia noticed the way the ghosts started to appear in the room, dancing slowly to the songs she was playing, she knew that Tyler was aware of them too. Neither of them wanted to admit it though, it was a little too stressful to fully think about that type of shit.

She watched the way Tyler's eyelids closed, his mind starting to drift away to the realm of sleep. "Mia, who was that girl on the news?" Tyler asked, the exhaustion that had been gripping him started to win, pulling him beneath.

"Don't worry about her, you just let me do the worrying, okay? Just get some sleep, everything will be okay in the morning." She answered back.

A frown flitted about Tyler's face, letting onto what he thought of it. She saw the way he tried to fight it off, but between the music and his exhaustion, Tyler was pulled beneath the waves of sleep. She continued playing for a while, letting the ghosts wander around the room, telling her their stories for the next hour or so. It was only after they quieted down that she put the violin away and she crawled into the unoccupied twin bed. Curling above the covers, she stared into the darkness of the room, staring at the bed that contained her brother. She felt the tears start to slide down her face, before she wiped them away to try and hide it. Closing her eyes, Mia allowed the melody that was still in her head to pull her into the realm of sleep.

She'd continue worrying about things in the morning.

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- Out With the Reason -~

"Life is like a mountain railroad, with an engineer who's brave; we must make the run successful, from the cradle to the grave..."

Raphael's voice rose above the chatter of the crowd, causing people to actually stop and listen to him as he played and sang the old hymn. The three Shifters had pulled into Austin about two hours ago, only to be greeted with the aftermath of a nasty explosion. They'd stuck together for about fifteen minutes before the trio had hit on the same idea at the same time; split up and cover more ground for information and Alliance both. They'd agreed to meet up again after four hours, and then they'd all gone off in different directions, Leo in charge of gas, Kisara with getting food, and Raph with drumming up some extra funds.

They weren't short of cash, really; Salamander had made sure that they had a decent amount of cash on them when they left. However, they could only carry so much money without feeling nervous of attracting unsavory types, and cards had become too risky since the Shift had happened. So, Raph would get them some money when they stopped, and he'd use the chance to gather information by listening to pedestrians while he played.

Truth be told, Raph felt that he'd had a stroke of brilliance with his choice of music when he played the street corners. People congregated, flocking to the sound of the church hymnals and songs as his fingers flashed across the cords, deftly picking out the major and minor keys that he needed from the guitar to add more life to the song. At the same time, his Shift ran beneath the music, adding another layer to the melodies that only other Shifters, Alliance in particular, would be able to pick up on. It gave the Statics comfort, religious music in such uncertain times, lending strength to their beliefs and hopes; however, the wolf in Raph called out to Shifters, calling to them for aide and solidarity. In some ways, the true meaning of the music that was hidden in plain sight was quite similar to the old Slave Songs from the era of the Civil War.

Who do you think was responsible for the explosion twenty blocks away? Salvation? The Shifters?

I heard it could be the ones that call themselves the Alliance...

Raph's shoulders stiffened slightly at these whispers, but he kept playing, not letting on to the Statics that he'd heard them, or that their topic of conversation bothered him. Even so, he couldn't sense any Alliance in Austin besides himself, Leo, and Kisara, and he couldn't smell any sign that there had ever been any. It was probably a good idea for them to bail now; all they were finding was more of the same. He let the cords he'd been playing trail off as he finished the song, drawing a round of applause from those around him. He bent down, making sure that the coins and bills were secure in the guitar's case before he laid the Kay down inside of it; he'd clean the money out later. Slinging the soft case across his shoulder, he gave one more nod to his audience before he started walking, weaving his way in and out of people until he was lost in the Static.

~------~

(Will finish in the morning; I want to sleep now...)

MancerNecro

Awards
Of Plans and Routes

"Salvation will not tolerate those that oppose God's will, or those that sympathise the rebels' cause. We will eradicate all that stand in God's way." came the voice of the man who had just killed the newscaster live on the morning news.

Michelle shivered at the scene that had just taken place on the news. The diner had turned silent, everyone frozen in place. Their reaction was not a surprise. The massacre of an entire city and news station was not something that anyone could get used to. Michelle looked down at her hands. She could feel traces of her power emanating from it. Michelle willed for the power to stop. She felt the power weaken, for just a brief moment. Michelle sighed, wondering if she really was cursed and deserved to be killed by the Salvation.

Michelle took out the letter which she had received and read through it once again.

What you need to do is get your ass to Las Vegas, Nevada. That’s ground zero. Where it all started. Get there and find out who or what caused all of this. That’s your first step.

With no one and nowhere else to turn to, Michelle had gathered all of her valuables and items, left a note for her father, and started on her way towards Las Vegas. The letter came to Michelle on the day of her mother's passing. She had read the letter and tossed it carelessly in her room, her attention completely focused on her mother's death and funeral proceedings. It was only after the incident yesterday that Michelle began to take the contents of the letter seriously. Michelle knew she could not stay at home for even a moment longer. The police and state authorities were sure to figure out she was the cause of the school's destruction. Worst still, any of those Salvation members would find her easily if she had stayed put. Michelle had made a quick decision to leave home. Hopefully, her decision would keep her father safe from the Salvation members. If everyone had thought that Michelle had been killed during the incident, maybe her father would be left alone. In order to avoid any suspicion, Michelle had only taken items which she usually brought to school along with her. After some consideration, she had also taken her savings. She would definitely need money while on the way to Las Vegas.

Michelle took another bite of the bacon which she had ordered for her breakfast. She was thinking about the route she was going to take to Las Vegas. Most of her time after leaving home the day before had been spent procuring a new metro and phone card. Michelle did not want to be easily traced or trackable. She had even gone to the extent of resetting her phone and creating a new ID for use. Las Vegas was easily a five to six hours drive away. However, without a car or a driving license, a drive to Las Vegas was out of the option. Michelle could try hitching a ride from passers by but she hoped not to involve innocent people in her journey. Michelle had never made such a long journey alone and she had no idea how she was to arrive at her destination. In fact, Michelle had no idea what she was to do once she had arrived in Las Vegas. She was starting to regret her impulsive decision even though she knew that it was a necessary one.

Nothing more to do but to leave. I'll never get there if I don't take the first step.

Michelle finished up the rest of her breakfast and exited the diner, preparing herself for the long trip to Las Vegas.

GrandMaster_Chris

The Full Lotus
Awards
Pasadena, California

"ALL THIS CRAP GOING ON AND YOU WANT ME TO SIT IN A REHAB CENTER!?!" Aiden shot up, pushing the black folding chair backwards and on its back. The sound of metal smacking the granite floor caused the surrounding people to turn in the direction of the young man, his mother, and his agent. The trio looked around at all the startled faces in the living room of Palmdale Rehabilitation center, Aiden’s home for the last 3 weeks.

“Sorry for the interruption. Rehearsing a movie script.” Aiden lied. The people returned to their tasks as if nothing had happened.

Mrs. Hoffman shifted in her chair while sporting a rather embarrassed and nervous look, “Sweetie, keep your voice down.” She demanded. Aiden calmly picked the chair up, glancing at a second to the television set. He saw the massacre that had happened earlier that day on the news. Horrific. That news crew did nothing but sympathize wrong. They didn’t deserve to die. No one Salvation killed really deserved to die in his eyes.

Aiden beckoned for his companions to lean in close, “You guys know what I can do. I can help out if you’d let me out.” He whispered. The other two remained hunched in close over the smooth, glazed wooden table.

“We’re aware, but do you see what happens to people with gifts?” His agent asked, pointing a thin finger at the news ticker on the tv screen. Aiden looked back at the screen and a tingle with down his spine. He looked back at the balding man in the cheap suit who had looked out for him since he was a teenager. Aiden then looked at his mother as she moved some of her reddish orange hair from the front of her skinny, pale face.

“Where’s dad?” Aiden asked, directly speaking to her.

“He’s umm, your father is working on a documentary.” She responded.

“Now? You can only do so many movies on the Bermuda Triangle before people start to think you’re actually crazy.”

“Maybe he might end up wih you.” The agent cut in half jokingaround with the mother and son.

Aiden responded with a sideways look that said “I will eff you up right here”. This all confirmed what the young man had long assumed was the case. His mom and his agent, Mr. Bigg, always showed up together. The way he made that joke.3 Mr. Hoffman rarely ever joined them and he and his wife never really appeared together. They had to be sleeping together. Aiden stood up once more, making sure not to knock the chair over. He appeared to be calm, but a storm was raging inside.

“I’ll leave you two to do whatever you do… With each other. See yourselves out.” He said as he disappeared down the hallway.

There was so much more Aiden wanted to talk about with them, but he knew that he wouldn’t be able to keep himself from letting the two of them have it. He wanted to them to know that he had mastered his breathing exercises. He wanted to tell them that he had taught one of the younger folks in his rehab program a thing or two about acting or how they had reenacted one of his favorite scenes from Frozen. But most importantly, he wanted to tell them about the mysterious letter he had received at mail call earlier that morning. The bizarre letter was the reason he wanted to get out of rehab in the first place.

Go to Vegas

It ran through his head like a mantra. He could break out on his own, sure, but he didn’t want to worry his parents. That’s why he needed at least one of them to cosign his release. His mother wouldn’t be so eager to let her precious baby boy out of a controlled environment. Not when she was the one that forced him to check in. That’s why he was counting on dear old dad to be there when he needed him, like he always was. As he made his way back to his room another thought hit him.

“Wait, I know a dealer in Vegas.”

HyperShadic

Awards
Slate drifted in and out of sleep as the plane approached it's landing zone. Then, a jostle woke him up completely. He didn't know where the future would take him or what it would bring so he was happy for the few quiet moments, as well as churning out some sleep that he missed.

He rubbed his eyes as he followed the other passengers, standing behind the girl that had somewhat reassured him back in Denver, he took a look around. There were a bunch of people that looked well to do, most likely here to try and get lucky, either at the casinos or trying to find a rich partner to have a fling with. He sighed, he would like to have a day to try his luck. But he had a job to do, glancing down at his coat he reached in and took a look at the letter that had lead him here.

Suddenly he felt someone pressing into his side. He turned to the the teenager pressed up against him, but focusing on something else, a man who seemed to be someone who doesn't skip a day at the gym, he was talking to someone and not getting any useful information turned and started walking Slate'sway. The girl tensed up and turned away towards the window, while the man smiled while looking at Slate. “Hello,” the man began,“have you seen a young woman with blue hair? We at Salvation would like to talk to her and see if she wants to join our wonderful organization.”

Slate wanted to sigh, but instead yawned, and the man's smile slowly fell. Slate shook his head,saying, “Sorry, I haven't seen anyone like that.” The man sized Slate up before leaning around him to look behind him. The smile came back as he walked passed and grabbed the teenager. “There you are,let's go miss,” the man said and started walking away. The girl tried prying her hand out, but to no avail, and Slate shook his head. You don't need to do anything, Slate. You don't have to help her, you have something to do. You don't. . . He grasped his head, shaking it and started after them.

Slate caught up with them as they walked past a restroom, Now, and with a small flick of his thumb he ignited his lighter and siphoned some fire from it, and hid it behind his underneath his coat, before quickly yanking the man's arm back and slamming him into the wall,before quickly dragging him into the restroom. Putting his free hand in front of his face, he moved the fire from his back to his hand. “You work for Salvation, right,” Slate asked, “Then you might have an idea as to what retribution is. Tell me, or no one is going to look at you twice after today.” The man started laughing before responding, “Why the heck do you think I'd tell you? You're nothing.”

He tried to turn,but Slate managed to throw him into a wall. Throwing the man face down on the floor, placing a knee on his back and a hand holding up his head. “Last chance, gonna tell me,” Slate asked, although he could already guess the answer. “Nope, but the boss man will want a w,” the man couldn't finish his sentence as Slate slammed his head into the ground and knocked him unconscious. Getting up, he moved quickly out and away from the restroom. Nearing the parking garage he noticed the girl that the man had grabbed, walking up to her and tapped her on the shoulder, spinning around he placed a hand on her mouth before she could speak. “You should be more careful,”Slate said removing his hand. The girl only nodded, before Slate felt something sharp on his neck.

“Who are you? What are you doing,” A feminine voice said behind him. The girl in front him started panicking saying, “Wait, wait, wait, he's a good guy, he helped me.” Slate felt the sharp edge removed from his throat, turning to see a man holding a small knife and a smaller woman standing next to him. “Thanks,” Slate said rubbing his throat, “But you guys have a place where we can lay low for a bit?”

Slat sat across from the other three people at a table, his coat off and his pockets turned out. Slate sighed, looking between the three people. “So now you know why I'm here,” Slate said leaning back in his chair,“I'm not going to join in any little crusades or hide away too long out here. I need to know things like why Salvation is doing this. Why us? What decided the type of shifts we got? And what made those freaking monsters?” The small woman nodded before saying, “Alright, we can give you a ride into town, but don't expect much more, Danny's shift isn't very combat oriented, and Sarah's is a basic transformation shift.” Slate nodded before taking a spot on the floor and closed his eyes, replaying the events that happened in his head. Holding his hand up as the others left the room he focused, a small orange bulb appearing in the palm of his hand. He closed his palm, choking the flame and folded his hands behind his head. Soon, he thought, soon I can spawn them,just need to make it natural.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Renn had deviated on his course through the rockies towards the highway... He saw the girl he met driving a silver SUV along the winding roads of the mountain passes. and just zoomed right over her head. The reason Renn was already out of Seattle was because he knew that Salvation was tracking him so he didn't have much time, he packed what he needed and left not an hour later. But as Renn was greeted with the edge of the mountains he accelerated to his promised speed, Mach 1.5 and saw the gleaming lights of Viva Las Vegas within a half Hour but he knew he didn't wanna arouse suspicion so He slowed down and landed by the highway and started walking with his thumb up.

Abhorsen

Aster watched as Everie took short rapid breaths. He wondered if she would recover before they were found by Salvation. He hadn’t moved them all that far. He pulled Everie closer and closed his eyes. He needed to concentrate. He needed to see the area, but he couldn’t afford to leave her alone. So he decided to try something new.

Silencing all noise and movement from his mind he pushed a wave of telekinetic energy out away from his body. Feeling nothing aside from small creatures and trees Aster relaxed. He opened his eyes and once again looked down at Everie. Her face was healing pretty quickly. Her soft features recognizable once more. Her chest wound was completely closed up and the indent where it had been stomped in nearly untraceable.

~Dreams~

As Everie lay in Aster’s lap she dreamt of vampires, she dreamt that they had existed before the Shift. She could see flashes of them from long ago. She saw that they weren’t looked at as she was. She saw that they made advancements in medicine, and they were officers of the law, the military. They were normal people. She also noticed the society they lived in was much more advanced than her own. She wondered what the purpose of this dream was. Was it real, was she seeing the past? Was this just her imagination seeking acceptance for what she was? She had no idea. She could hear someone’s voice. It sounded familiar. Who was it?

“Everie, they have nearly found us! We need to go, are you well enough to fly?”

“Everie!!”

Who was it that was calling her? It was a man. He sounded worried for her safety. Had she fallen ill? Was she in a hospital?

…………..

….

………………..

In a rush all the memories of the past day flooded into her mind and she snapped to her senses.

“Aster!!” that was who was calling her.

~Reality~

Everie shot up and blinked a few times before her eyes focused.

“What’s happening, are we being attacked again?” asked Everie.

“I am so glad you’re awake. Yes, they are in the area, we have maybe two minutes before they reach us. We need to go. Now.” replied Aster worried she would not be able to flee. He didn’t want to kill anyone, the three from before was plenty.

“Can you fly?” asked Aster in a hurried tone.

“Yea, my body is mostly healed, minor repairs, but I am just fine. Let’s go.” replied Everie as she stood and stretched. The dress was a little short.. her butt showed a little when she lifted her arms. “I need to get my hands on some spandex shorts.. I can’t have my butt showing. This thong isn’t going to cut it.. not in this short dress…” thought Everie as she lifted from the ground and flew up high.

Aster looked up as she flew above him intending to tell her that she was looking a lot better. Only to catch an eye full.

“We need to get you some shorts of some kind,” chuckled Aster as she shot daggers at him for looking. He didn’t intend to it just happened by accident.

“Shut-up, pervert, you picked it out!” snorted Everie as Aster came to eye level with her.

“It wasn’t like I had a lot of choices.. You were nearly stark naked when I found you. I think finding the dress was a blessing. Don’t worry, at the speed we will be flying no one will see. Who cares anyways, it’s just your butt.” commented Aster as they flew towards Las Vegas.

“ I guess.. thank you. I didn’t mean to snap. I was just embarrassed. I didn’t stop to think that you cleaned me up and clothed me. I really appreciate what you did. You saved my life. Let’s go see what this business is all about in Vegas.” replied a humbled and grateful Everie.

Aster smiled softly as they flew in silence. He would protect her. He would protect everyone he could. Salvation would pay their dues. He would avenge his late girlfriend, and he would do it all because it was the right thing to do.

~Twilight~

Aster and Everie touched down in a small town about two hours from Vegas. They needed supplies and Everie needed to pee. Apparently vampires still did all of that despite the lore.

There was a small mall and a walmart in the town.

“Which one?” Aster asked Everie.

“Mall, I need money and the more expensive stores have more wealthy patrons. Easier to pickpocket.” replied Everie as she winked at Aster.

“Do what you gotta do, I’m waiting here.” said Aster as he leaned against the wall outside the Mall.

“Like hell, you’re coming with me. No complaining.” retorted Everie as she dragged him through the entrance and into the women’s department.

They shopped for cash then they shopped for new clothes. Everie needed something she could be comfortable in and Aster simply “needed” to tag along. She settled on a red circle skirt that came to her mid thigh and a v-neck t shirt that showed a small amount of midriff. Under the skirt she wore black spandex shorts. She was a lot happier with this clothing vs what Aster had scrounged up. She also bought a backpack and a couple changes of clothes that were similar to what she currently wore. She kept the dress even though it didn’t fit. It meant a lot to her. Aster managed to find some enjoyment in the shopping trip too. He bought a pair of black aviators and got some new clothes as well. They also bought bandanas to cover their faces when they fought Salvation to try and hide their identities. They had almost forgot the world’s condition while shopping. Laughing and enjoying not having to look over their shoulders was a welcome break. As they exited the mall that all went away.

“DON’T MOVE SCUM!!!”

Aster and Everie froze, there was a group of fifteen plus soldiers pointing a gun at a woman and child who stood not far from them. They looked at each other and nodded. Everie disappeared in a flash as she used her vampiric speed. Aster pulled the bandana from his pocket and tied it to his face.

“Hey, can someone let your commander know that his mom is some kind of woman,” snorted Aster as he walked in front of the woman and child blocking them from harm.

Everie chuckled as she took out six men from the back line as Aster drew their attention. “some kind of woman,” god, he is ridiculous..

“What did you say, you piece of shifter trash?!” yelled one of the soldiers angrily.

“I said, *erhmm* tell your commander his mom is a some kind of wom…” Aster didn’t get to finish his sentence because Everie had killed and/or dismembered all of the soldiers.

“C’mon, you couldn’t wait until I finished…” complained Aster as he turned to the woman and child who huddled behind him cowering in fear and begging to live.

“I have no intention of hurting either of you, I simply meant to save your lives from senseless slaughter.” said Aster as he helped them to their feet. You’re safe now.

“Thank you” replied the mother as she scooped her child up and ran.

Everie looked at Aster and smiled. She had one of the soldiers by the throat.

“Saved one, I am kinda hungry and he smells delicious. Be right back.” said Everie as she shot across the parking lot and behind the building draining the man until he was unconscious. She wanted to drink him dry, but she didn’t want to use her powers to kill that way. She could eat and not kill.

Aster met her behind the mall. He had collected their things and handed them to her as she leaned the man against the wall.

“Ready to go?” asked Aster.

“I am, I really needed to eat. Thanks for waiting.” replied Everie as she and Aster once again headed to Vegas.

Lunarmaster54

Awards
Violence was something Violet both did and did not want to get used to.

On one hand (“Fire men! Fire! She’s only one girl! GO! Go! GOO!”) violence was necessary. If one couldn’t fight then one couldn’t protect and as an older sibling Violet had to protect her little brother at any and all costs. Doing that was a lot easier with a sword and lightning dancing around her fingers. Sure she cut lives short, hurt people and now just recently tortured someone for information (“Hold the line! She has a sword and you have guns! Focus your fire! But sir she’s DEFLECTING- I said focus your fiARGH!”) but those bad things equaled out to Steven being safe at the end of it all.

On the other hand, fourteen year old girls shouldn’t know how to use a sword. They shouldn’t know the sensation of slicing a man’s head off his shoulders with a horizontal cut, their eyes shouldn’t see the sight of their actions cutting through a neck. They should be able to go to sleep at night and dream about romance and success instead of sightless eyes that will never close again.

(“WE NEED TO FALL BACK! WE NEED TO REGROUP!” SHE’S NOT LETTING US, THE BITCH IS TOO FAST! “SEND IN THE DOGS TO DISTRACT HER!”)

Her little brother was locked up tight in the bathroom, safe and not having to see this. He loved dogs, loved playing with them and petting them. Violet was glad he didn’t have to see dogs snarling and foaming at the mouth as they leapt at her. She was extra glad that he didn’t have to see one sink those sharp teeth into her shoulder, or hear the words she screamed as she repeatedly punched it in the stomach to get it the hell off her. Dogs were very strong animals when they wanted to be but they couldn’t stand up to superhuman punches. It was off her and while it whimpered on the ground, hacking up blood, Violet took the time to let loose and fry the other one to death with volt after volt of electricity.

(“JACK YOU NEED TO STAY BACK!” MY DOG! “STAY BACK DAMN IT!” SHE’S GOING TO KILL MY DOG!)

Violet had no intention of killing the other dog, it didn’t look like it was going to be getting back up any time soon. That meant it wasn’t her problem. Instead she glared daggers at the police as they scrambled from the room, one of them screaming obscenities at her as he was dragged forcefully away. Then abruptly Violet was left alone, standing in the middle of a room that was filled with carnage of her making. Heads, body parts, charred flesh, dead animals. Left alone Violet looked around at it all and wanted to vomit. To cry. The police had arrive, Violet was convinced they were there to kill and not detain, she had forced Steven into the bathroom and then she saw red, giving into the bloodlust and rage that bubbled inside of her and had been simmering all day.

For the last three weeks if she was honest.

Violet wanted to break but when you are protecting someone you aren’t supposed to break. You shake and then you persevere. The girl, looking smaller than she ever had, walked to the bathroom and pulled the door open.

The rage flared back to life.

“Violet?” Steven’s eyes were wide and fearful as he was held in place. Standing next to him with a hand firmly on his shoulder was a tall man dressed in a dark blue button up shirt, dark pants and had the coldest eyes Violet had ever seen. His black hair was slicked back and after a moment Violet recognized him.

“Your the man from the news. Aren’t you?” her voice, thankfully, was firm.

“Chester Maine, at your service.” the man said with a smirk “You, Violet Anderson, are very interesting.”

“You, Chester Maine, are going to be very dead if you don’t step away from him.” Violet replied.
“Oh Violet. I can’t step away from him. He’s the brother of the most famous shifter in the world. Well. INfamous shifter in the world. You know your little battle with the police, you killing that poor widdle pup was broadcast all over the United States right?” Chester pulled Steven to his side, lips curled into a very cruel smirk.

“Your doing I suppose? Along with the other clip of me killing that first scumbag?” Violet wasn’t going to let it show that Chester’s words were rattling her. That he scared her.

“Naturally.” Chester said “So Violet, here is my offer to you. I want you to join Salvation. Repent. Use that talent you have for killing for something positive.”

“Let me guess. If I don’t you’ll kill my brother?” Violet scoffed “You know I can get to you faster than you can even blink right?”

“So you WON’T join Salvation?” Chester’s grin widened “Good. Because let me tell you doll I’m more interested in Steven anyway. Time manipulation? That’s pretty wild.”

Violet moved. She had intended to stab Chester right through the heart. At this distance she could do it before he even finished the word wild. A beat. That’s all that was required. But then Chester’s hand was on her throat, squeezing, cutting off her air supply. How? How could he react so quickly? How?

“Your personality, body language and temper all serve to make you an open book.” Chester said smugly “I knew what you were going to do long before you did sweet cheeks. Now then.”

With his other hand he picked Steven up by the shoulder, ignoring his yelp of pain and threw him at the mirror behind them. Violet couldn’t do anything but watch as Steven went through the mirror as if he jumped into a pool. Then he was gone.

Steven was gone

“See you in Vegas sweetie.” Chester slammed her against the wall and seemed to sink into the ground. Into a shard of glass.
Violet’s brain shut down, her breathing was ragged. Steven was gone. Captured. She had to save him. Had to go right now. Had to get to Vegas. Had to-

“FIRE!!”

Bullets tore through Violet’s body and she stumbled forward, letting her inner battery explode. Her screams were primal as power flowed through her, energizing her. Protecting her. Violet moved, attacked the S.W.A.T team that had moved in on her position like a wild animal, making a path, punching a hole in their formation so she could flee.

Before anyone knew anything Violet was gone, half of the police were in very bad shape and by morning Violet Anderson was the most wanted girl in the United States.

Abhorsen

“Who would’ve thought flying would be this aggravating to learn,” muttered Abby as she skidded across the dirt as she landed in the parking lot of a gas station.

She looked around and everything seemed normal. Well aside from the guy pumping gas. He had a lizard's tail. Aside from that though, things were normal.

“It’s really surprising that any stores still function. Considering all that has happened in the past couple hours,” thought Abby as she picked up a deli sandwich and a liter bottle of water.

“That’ll be four dollars and twenty three cents,” said the cashier as he took her cash and bagged her groceries with his other two hands.. Abby stared, how could she not. He was four arms, Machamp in the flesh.

“Yes, that exists here, don’t looks so surprised.” said Abby as she squinted her eyes and shook her head in disbelief at you for questioning the validity of her statement.

The cashier waited for her to finish speaking to herself and handed her the bag with her lunch inside.

As she passed through the door the cashier yelled to her. “Make sure to read that letter. Better you go than me. You’re a demon. I’m just a circus freak.”

She had forgotten to revert to her human form, “stupid!!” she muttered under her breath.

Inside the bag was a letter. Inside a message from a woman named Miranda. Apparently her power was a “Shift” and it had happened worldwide.

“This is a lot to take in,” thought Abby as she exhaled forcefully through her mouth.

“What should I do now?” wondered Abby as she opened her sandwich and took a bite. This could be a trap, this could be a free for all, who knows what she will discover or uncover.

“Would Aliens be too obvious? I hope it isn’t aliens.” said Abby as she looked your way.

Whatever it was she couldn’t not go. She wanted to know why this happened to her and what should she do now? She knew she would definitely find something there. So, she swallowed down the last of her sandwich, took a drink of her water, spread her wings and took off.

As she flew along the sun began to rise and she, according to her GPS on her phone was in Colorado. She didn’t have far to go now. Maybe another twenty minutes flight time. She lowered her altitude as she closed the gap between herself and Vegas. She didn’t want to draw attention to herself, but she needed to start getting a lay of the land. There were a lot of fires, and buildings leveled to the ground. Children were crying and she could see fighting in the streets. Explosions of all colors. It seems Vegas was where it all started. As she neared the border of Nevada she felt a pull from the darkness. ‘Revert’

So, Abby lowered herself into a parking lot, closed her eyes and released the darkness she had harnessed. As she did her body changed back and her hair back to its natural blonde color. As her form change completed a close knit string of black vehicles rounded the corner. She ducked behind a car as they passed.

“That was really suspicious..” mumbled Abby as she stepped from behind the vehicle. She wasn’t watching as she stepped backwards and bumped into a mountain of a man with red hair and dark black eyes.He wore coveralls and a trucker hat. He looked down at her and she smiled apologetically and excused herself. He snorted in disapproval as she turned to leave and grabbed her by the arm.

“You’re mine now. You will be my girl. You will stay with me.” said the man as he pulled her in. Abby struggled to break his grip as he continued to just tighten it.

“Let me go, I’m no one. You don’t want me.” whimpered Abby in pain as his grip began to hurt her.

“Why not, your pretty. You smell nice. You will have my babies. Be one of my wives” continued the man as she struggled to break his grip. He threw her over his shoulder and held her down with his hand to keep her from sliding off and running.

“I don’t want to be your wife or have children, especially yours!” snapped Abby as she continuously punched the side of his face.

He laughed as he kicked down a door to the building she had landed in front of.

“No escape now.” said the large man as he grabbed her shirt to rip it away. She screamed out. This pissed him off and he backhanded her in the face.

“Shut your mouth, you’re going to like it and that’s all there is.” snarled the large man as he began to unzip his coveralls.

“NO!!” screamed Abby as she backed away.

He grabbed her by the wrist and flung her to the floor. She winced as her head struck the floor. He towered over top of her as his clothing dropped to the floor leaving nothing underneath.

Abby screamed out on horror. “Please don’t!! I don’t want this.”

“It’s happening, and you’re going to do it and like it.” said the man as he dropped to one knee and grabbed the front of her shirt.

Her light spoke. “Now”

In a burst of blinding white light Abby took on the form of light. Clad in a breastplate, greaves, and gauntlets, Abby looked like a force to be reckoned with. As the light faded her four white wings lay flat on the floor below her. In her hand, a short sword that had found itself buried in the man’s chest, only to watch his blood pool on the ground as the sword disappeared as she released the handle. Abby kicked the man off of her as he bled out his last few moments all over the floor. She leaned down to his face as he pleaded for his life.

“Shut your mouth, you’re going to like it and that’s all there is.” mimic’d Abby back at the man. She could have killed him from the start. She wanted to, just as soon as he touched her. She refrained because she didn’t want anyone in the area knowing she had a shift. So she led him on to hide it. Because of it, he paid the ultimate price. Death.

“Revert” whispered the light as she turned to leave.

“I know, don’t worry so much.” said Abby as she let go of the light she had harnessed for the transformation and her human form returned. She tore her shirt a little and patted some dust from the floor on her pants and knees. She had to look the part so she didn’t raise suspicion.

As she left the doorway that the man had forcefully kicked in she did her best to look battered and beaten. People stared, and pointed fingers. She pretended to cry and covered her face and ran towards the woods.

She had fooled them all. It was all her careless fault it even happened. Overall, she felt pleased. She did a good thing.

As Abby entered the woodline and entered the small patch of woods she once again harnessed the light and took on the form of the Angel then took to the skies.

“Salvation huh?” muttered Abby as she read a piece of paper that she had pulled from the man’s pocket. It was an invitation to join them. It explained their cause, and beliefs. She was disgusted.

“Sounds like a bunch of self righteous hypocrites.”

(template on page 1 of sign-ups. Meet Abby everyone)

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- What the hell was that!? -~

Jack had no idea what the hell just happened. It happened in a blur, he was focused on his K-9 partner Ezio and the fact she was coughing up blood. He felt Peter dragging him from the room, despite him fighting against the more experienced officer. He saw two of the cops grab Ezio and quickly get out of dodge so they didn't get maimed like their brothers and sisters in arms. He saw the bodies littering the floor. It was only when that they were back outside that he calmed down enough to focus on what Peter was saying. "----orders Jackson."

Jack glanced back at him, confusion coloring his features even as he tried to process what his work partner had been saying. He saw the blue-grey eyes flickering with different emotions behind the salt and pepper bangs; he knew that Peter had basically come to see him as a son. It also didn't escape his notice that Peter was once again looking down at him due to the subtle height difference. The dusky skin was a definite contrast to Peter's eyes, but whatever that wasn't too important.

Blinking slightly, Jack watched as Peter repeated for him, "Listen to your order, Jackson. I'll look after Ezio, just do that for me, please?" Peter continued to stare at him with concern until Jack nodded. He didn't pay attention as Peter lingered for a moment, before the older officer walked off to look after his dog. Jack also knew that he'd be needing to spend some time with Aquilia, his Irish wolfhound and therapy dog. He reported to the commanding officer and then set to work on his orders. He heard the command to do a second wave against the Shifter, and he felt his stomach tighten at that idea. He could tell they couldn't win against her, he didn't need Peter's own Shift to know that one.

Even so, he promised he'd follow orders. He followed the other cops upstairs and he set to work dealing with his orders. It didn't last long, he was also forced to the ground via of electric shock and the injuries inflicted to him via the sword.

He fought to stay conscious long enough to hit one of the speed dial numbers; he heard someone pick up on the other end of the line. Not even waiting for them to identify themselves, Jack groaned, "Help."

He was out cold before they could answer him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back