• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

EVOLVE (signups and discussion) Lunarmaster54 & Abhorsen collab

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhorsen

This is how the world ended.

It didn’t happen with a bang, it didn’t even happen with a whimper. It happened abruptly. One moment everything was normal, people lived their lives the way they saw fit. Then the next moment, three weeks ago today, it was different.

People could do things. Impossible things. Magical things. It sounds stupid, i’m talking comic book level stupid, but by now you’ve all seen it. You’ve seen a man ignite into flames and burn down the bank he was attempting to rob. You’ve seen a fourteen year old kid fly though the sky and get shot down by fighter planes for flying in a no fly zone. You know all of this already. People got superpowers, some-freaking-how, and the world quickly swan dived into the trash can.

It’s 2017. We can’t handle someone going to to the wrong bathroom much less the emergence of fantastical abilities that everyone suddenly has. Crime is at an all time high, wannabe superheroes come out everyday while more and more of them die every day. Monsters stalk the night and I’ve come to the conclusion that this. This right here. Is what conspiracy theorists meant when they said “the world is going to end”

Yes I said monsters.

Now we get into what isn’t common knowledge.

Everyone in the world now has a superpower locked somewhere inside of them. There’s no getting around that. Humanity has officially changed and denial is now just a waste of valuable time. If you’ve already discovered it that’s great. You’ve become a "Shifter". Note the capital S would you? The power you were given didn’t have any sort of issues coming out. Congrats. Your extraordinary with no strings attached.

If you don’t already have a power? Well then that just means yours has to trigger first. Usually through life changing personality warping trauma. Which I've seen happen by the way. You’ll get your power don’t worry, just as soon as something terrible happens to you. Think you can just live peacefully and it’ll never trigger? I’ve got some terrible news for you then..

When I said monsters stalk the night, I meant literal monsters. Disgusting creatures who the sunlight hurts and have powers potent enough to ravage cities. They are the people who weren’t so lucky. Remember the Shifters? People who got their powers just because? Some of them Shifted right into these things. These Demons. It’s not an imaginative name for them, but I didn’t name them, and it’s already stuck. Some people triggered into them and that must have been a treat. They go through something horrible and instead of getting a gift out of the deal they just mutate instead. Isn’t the world a wonderful and fair place?

So to recap. Everyone has powers now and some, and by some I mean most, people are using them for crimes or misguided heroics. On top of that Demons, arrive in the night to make life even more difficult. The world is tearing itself apart and no one knows what caused it all.

Which is where my last bit of bad news comes in.

I said I didn’t name the Demons. That’s because the Church did. All churches, temples, and little holes in the wall decided that this was a blight that disgusted the big man upstairs, or whatever they believe in. This witchcraft could not and would not stand and anyone who had powers was clearly evil and going to drag this world into hell. Everyone except members of the church I should say. If your a member of the church then that must mean that "God" chose you to help purify the world! So the church made a group, codenamed Salvation of course. Their mission you ask? To go out into the night and slay Demons. Heroic!

They also went around kidnapping Shifters. Those Shifters were converted or killed. Not so heroic.

This is where you come in. See, your probably seeing this online or hearing it read on television, or even woke up to find this letter already snug in your mailbox. I got it out as far and wide as I could.

If that’s the case and your reading these words? That means i’m dead. I told them if I wasn't around, that word would be sent out. Clearly I wasn’t believed.

You aren’t though. Not yet anyways. What you need to do is get your ass to Las Vegas, Nevada. That’s ground zero. Where it all started. Get there and find out who or what caused all of this. That’s your first step.

I don’t think the world can be saved, in fact i’m pretty sure it’s screwed. But at the very least we can learn why this all happened. How.

So do it. You owe me for giving you all this info wrapped up in a cute little bow. I died for you, damn it all. The least you can do is honor my final request.

-Miranda

Q/A

Q: What power can I have?

A: What can you think of? Ok then..

Q: Can I have multiple characters? :D
A: Yes, in time. Lets get started first.

Q: Can I have a power similar to Sue who just put up her temp?
A: No, lets try to have our own ideas. (No offence meant)

Q: Can I be a loner?
A: Not really, we need a common goal. You don't have to hold hands, but we all need to work towards forwarding the story line.

Q: Can I be a bad guy??
A: Absolutely! Its encouraged, I love someone that can be the bad guy.

Q: Who is in charge of answering questions and approving temps?
A: Myself, Lunarmaster54, and anyone we approve. (If we do, their names will be added to this list.

Q: Can I have relationship business with a bf/gf?
A: As long as it stays reasonable, and we aren't all reading your deepest desires put to paper.. sure. It is the end of the world as we know it. People are going to cling to happiness and some semblance of normalcy.

Rules

1. No Godmodding/be a good sport

2. No Powerplaying another persons character. Its ridiculous, and not your place.

3. Be friendly, and openminded.

4. You MUST post once per week, don't be lazy. If you really cannot, please let us know.

5. Posts need to be at least 3-4 paragraphs, we need content.. A paragraph is 3-5 sentences.

6. Make sure to reflect and talk to everyone in the discussions. We need to talk to one another.

7. The ooc thread should be for rp related discussion and ideas. Try to stay on topic as much as possible so there isn't twelve pages of nonsense.

8. If you don't know ask, please don't make it up..

9. Harrasment will not be tolerated in any way. Conflict can be solved peacefully if we just talk things through. If your doing something or saying things that make people uncomfortable then you'll find yourself out of this rp.

10. Have a good time, be creative, interact with others, look forward to adding to the story, make friends, and smile. This is for fun, lets have fun.

Template:

Name:

Shift: ( this is your power)

Appearance: (a paragraph please. Pictures help too)

Weapon: (if you have one)

Personality: (At least a paragraph and be descriptive, and stick with it throughout)

Bio: (Tell me about "you") (I don't need a huge bio, I do need basics and where you came from. How you got here, maybe a little about your Shift.)

Abhorsen

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
I will not fall into the trap I'm thinking of; I WILL not fall into the trap I'm thinking of; I. WILL. NOT. FALL. INTO THE...

Leo: She's gonna do it, isn't she?

Kisara: I think she is, actually.

Raphael: Dammit...

I call actual shapeshifting! XD

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Abhorsen

sounds good! Shapeshifting should go well. Telekinesis and Shapeshifting! That will be dangerous.

Abhorsen

I have no issues whatsoever. I do have one question. Can she shift into the cat? You said not in this rp. If you want her to do that I have no issues. It seems like a preference for character dynamics and not a "shift"

Abhorsen

So far we have,

Telekinesis- Abhorsen

Shapeshifter- Eternal Dream

Word Magic- Skitty Cat

I am very excited so far. Keep it coming!

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
I have no issues whatsoever. I do have one question. Can she shift into the cat? You said not in this rp. If you want her to do that I have no issues. It seems like a preference for character dynamics and not a "shift"

Hm, I'm not entirely sure if she can in the rp or not. I know I was planning on using the rp to work on her word magic. But if it's okay, I may bring in her being able to turn into a cat later (as a side effect of her Shift).

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Abhorsen

I approve both the new temps,

I like how Kaien has a drive to find his girl, and how Aster is looking for a way to avenge his.

I really got wrapped up in Raph's story, i like the synergy of having a shifter pack, it will bring a family/wholesome feel to the story.
If you couldn't tell, I am pleased with the family idea.

I am definitely happy so far. I will be posting my second temp today or tomorrow. Lunar... I am waiting.. :)

Abhorsen

Ok! My new character is done, can Lunarmaster please review my temps and approve my work?

Abhorsen

So far...

Skitty:

Word Magic

Reality Manipulation

Dream:

Shapeshifter n friends

Abhorsen:

Telekinesis

Vampire/Dark Magic

Lunar...TBA

Shinra