• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Exclusive Review: Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Review: Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] - Kingdom Hearts Insider

As this is our first official review here at Kingdom Hearts Insider, feedback of any sort is appreciated. So if you have any comments, questions or concerns, post them here!

This review is also completely spoiler-free, so don’t be afraid that reading will compromise your enjoyment of the game.

Last edited:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: Review: Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]

I'd trust you guys, over "professional" reviewers.

Good review.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Wow, that was a great review.

Sadly, these massive worlds are empty and devoid of life except for the main characters. It’s very awkward to visit places like La Cité des Cloches and see nobody at the Festival of Fools except for Quasimodo. It’s been an ongoing problem thoughout the series though, so this game is not specifically at fault.

Thank you! That was terrifyingly awkward

Each world has it’s own unique Reality Shift, whether it’s slingshotting enemies into others or a short rhythm mini game. It’s a short deterrence from normal combat that unlike past games makes good use of the touch screen.

Yeah, that was a HUGE improvement

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Great review. We so excited for this game. Bummer about the empty worlds...again; but as far as I'm concerned, if that's the greatest flaw this game features, it can't be that bad. x'D

I really liked the structuring of this review. Simple, to the point, tells us readers exactly what we need to know and doesn't get caught up in superfluous, vain arguments as to why the series should die already (or something to that effect).

I guess my only real "criticism" would be to please try and remember the difference between its (possessive form) and it's (contraction). Pet peeve of mine. :p

billyzanesucks

Nice review. I'm sure I'll love the game.

I've just been confused two things. First of all, what's with the DE Colosseum and Medal Shop in Traverse Town? If you could play Flick Rush from any save point, why would you need a colosseum? Secondly, I want to know a little more about Forecasts and what you do with DP.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Very nicely written, Seta! :3

golfclap.gif

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Brought me to tears.

Seta, my friend, you have done well. Good job!

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Also, I think you should keep a template like that in the future. The way the review was set up was great as well

Shoxir

Awards
Great review, answered some of the questions I had about the game :D

This

He was trying to keep things spoiler free

It doesn't have to be spoiled to be reviewed. Example: "The writing is decent, but there is a complete lack of character development". I acknowledge that he mentions the pacing is good. The only thing I was eager to hear about while reading the review was the quality of the story.
oh well, we'll be getting a lot more reviews soon :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The only thing I was eager to hear about while reading the review was the quality of the story.
The story is excellent.

The two storylines of Sora and Riku both flow effortlessly between each other. The writing has the pacing of all the events done extremely well and you will find yourself eager to find out what happens next.

The flashbacks are an excellent way of seeing past key events that had previously transpired in that world, and are used in a way that doesn't disrupt the flow of the story.

Good enough for you?

This

The story is excellent.

The two storylines of Sora and Riku both flow effortlessly between each other. The writing has the pacing of all the events done extremely well and you will find yourself eager to find out what happens next.

The flashbacks are an excellent way of seeing past key events that had previously transpired in that world, and are used in a way that doesn't disrupt the flow of the story.

Good enough for you?

Ha ha thanks! This actually helped, I was pretty indecisive on getting this game. Looks like I might be slaying some heartless... er, nightmare creatures soon!

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
It feels like it was just yesterday that we saw that weird trailer with all the Soras falling from the sky.

One thing I didn't see in the review: How's the camera? I played the demo and it was a little closer to Sora than what I would like to have.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I always appreciate spoiler-free reviews. I think this was well done for a first! I didn't feel like it was necessarily written by biased fans, yet at the same time it made me excited for this next chapter in the saga.

Other than a few grammatical errors, I don't have much to critique. Good work!

NocturnalMelody

Great review. We so excited for this game. Bummer about the empty worlds...again; but as far as I'm concerned, if that's the greatest flaw this game features, it can't be that bad. x'D

I really liked the structuring of this review. Simple, to the point, tells us readers exactly what we need to know and doesn't get caught up in superfluous, vain arguments as to why the series should die already (or something to that effect).

We're all used to the empty worlds, which is a good thing and a bad thing - we expect it so it's not too bothersome to the point of frustration, but at the same time it's about time to bring some life into these worlds with more NPCs.

And I agree. The review is not biased like: "PERFECT TEN BECAUSE ANYTHING KH IS GOOD" or like you said, vain arguments.

Like Gamespot's review of the game...I usually like their reviews, but this one kind of bothered me, especially when they mentioned bad voice acting. I can't say for sure since I haven't played the game yet, but by the looks of it, a lot of the original cast is returning and the staff makes sure to find as many of the original Disney actors as they can. Kingdom Hearts 3D Review - GameSpot.com

"Be prepared to spend most of the game confused then. Sora, a spiky-haired teenager, teams up with Riku, a spiky-haired teenager, to take the Mark of Mastery exam--a test that will turn the pair from mere amateur adventurers into full-blown keyblade masters powerful enough to take on long-serving villain Master Xehanort."

Just from the way they're describing it the game doesn't sound all that appealing XD But I do agree with the confusing plot. I've always been a fan of the series so I love the complex plot, but even I get confused with all the new twists!

Last edited:

LordPhantomhive

Awards
Pretty nice review. So ready for this, even if I still kind of iffy about the drop gauge especially when it comes to boss fights.
Thank you! That was terrifyingly awkward
That has become a pet peeve of mine for this series especially after the so call ball in Castle of Dreams and the invisible crowd in Olympus Coliseum.>.> Not that it a huge deal, but it starting to become a minor annoyance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back