• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Explosion at fertilizer plant

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 36435

Re: WTF is going on?

i don't know probably another random unrelated event will occur

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Things happen everyday. There was a 7.6 earthquake in Iran...a car bombing in Iraq...a couple hundred thousand people die from natural causes/accidents/disease/etc. daily.

Not to say this event isn't horrible because it is--dozens of people died, but there are always accidents and saying "what next" is like saying these tragic events are caused by previous ones.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards

Oh yeah... it was actually in Waco, Texas. It's a bit far from where I live (Houston, Texas). It's a small town. No one knows if it as an accident or if it was intentional yet. I think it was just a stroke of bad luck for those town people.

D

Deleted member 36435

No one knows if it as an accident or if it was intentional yet.
I'm gonna go ahead and guess that most people are saying that this was an accident. This building is supposedly just an ammonia storage facility where farmers can purchase it. There was a fire of some sorts before the explosion occurred. Firefighters were apparently already there dealing with the flames before the explosion. I'm sure they would have noticed something if it was set up to detonate.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that most people are saying that this was an accident. This building is supposedly just an ammonia storage facility where farmers can purchase it. There was a fire of some sorts before the explosion occurred. Firefighters were apparently already there dealing with the flames before the explosion. I'm sure they would have noticed something if it was set up to detonate.

Actually this morning they say it was a nuclear bomb or something in that aspect. They said they killed more than 15 people, most were EMTs and people that were first response, but they think it were more people killed. It's scary since it's more close to home...

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Actually this morning they say it was a nuclear bomb or something in that aspect. They said they killed more than 15 people, most were EMTs and people that were first response, but they think it were more people killed. It's scary since it's more close to home...
Um, if it was a nuclear bomb it would have killed a lot more than 15.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards

Um, if it was a nuclear bomb it would have killed a lot more than 15.

I'm so sorry... I got the wrong information! I swear I hate when something bad happens, the story changes...

So what I'm reading and hearing here is that it's was a leak, and that "A huge plume of smoke -- laden with toxic anhydrous ammonia -- was visible for miles and was being pushed by winds blowing from the south, officials said."West, Texas, explosion: Toxic cloud could be spread by strong winds - latimes.com I guess why I thought nuclear bomb was because of the puff of smoke that you could see.

ap_texas_explosion1_waco_wy_130418_wblog.jpg

Most of the dead were First Response and that they are saying they may find more dead later as they go through the site.

D

Deleted member 36435

People say the way it exploded was similar to how a nuclear weapon detonates. Two "separate" explosions, one sort of "pulling in" and then the next forcing out.
  1. The fission bomb implodes, giving off X-rays.
  2. These X-rays heat the inside of the bomb and the tamper; the shield prevented premature detonation of the fuel.
  3. The heat causes the tamper to expand and burn away, exerting pressure against the lithium deuterates.
  4. The lithium deuterate is squeezed.
  5. The compression shock waves start fission in the plutonium rod.
  6. The fissioning rod give off radiation, heat and neutrons.
  7. The neutrons goes into the lithium deuterate, with the lithium and make tritium.
  8. The combination of high temperature and pressure are sufficient for tritium-deuterium and deuterium-deuterium fusion reactions to occur, producing more heat, radiation and neutrons.
  9. The neutrons from the fusion reactions produced fission in the uranium-238 pieces from the tamper and shield.
  10. Fission of the tamper and shield pieces produce even more radiation and heat.
  11. The bomb explodes.

If this was a nuclear explosion it would be A LOT worse than it is.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards

People say the way it exploded was similar to how a nuclear weapon detonates. Two "separate" explosions, one sort of "pulling in" and then the next forcing out.

If this was a nuclear explosion it would be A LOT worse than it is.

Yeah I know... >_>

That's why I said it LOOKED like it.

Picklepaige

Awards

I hate that so much of this crap is going around at one time. It doesn't help that the man who sent the ricin letters is my uncle :/

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com

Things happen everyday. There was a 7.6 earthquake in Iran...a car bombing in Iraq...a couple hundred thousand people die from natural causes/accidents/disease/etc. daily.

Not to say this event isn't horrible because it is--dozens of people died, but there are always accidents and saying "what next" is like saying these tragic events are caused by previous ones.
Nah i hear you, it just unusual for headline disasters to happen so close to each other stateside.

Square Enix headquarters explodes just before completion of Versus XIII.
that would suck lol...
I hate that so much of this crap is going around at one time.
i feel you....
It doesn't help that the man who sent the ricin letters is my uncle :/
WTF....?

axel95

Awards
And, now there is a gunman in Boston. Could this get any worst? Gunman reportedly killls police officer at MIT in Boston When will the craziness end?
He was a suspect in the Marathon bombings. His brother (also a suspect) is still at large and considered armed and dangerous.

Square Enix headquarters explodes just before completion of Versus XIII.
I would cry for months. Then I would be forced to reevaluate my hobby as a gamer.

As for the OP, I honestly don't think this is getting covered enough due to the whole Boston thing. Both of these events are extremely tragic, and I am praying for the victims and their families.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
He was a suspect in the Marathon bombings. His brother (also a suspect) is still at large and considered armed and dangerous.

I would cry for months. Then I would be forced to reevaluate my hobby as a gamer.

As for the OP, I honestly don't think this is getting covered enough due to the whole Boston thing. Both of these events are extremely tragic, and I am praying for the victims and their families.

Hopefully, the cops will get the boy. And, all of these events can be laid to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back