• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Eye Color and Height

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
:v Well, the forums have gotten rather boring lately, so maybe this will get some discussion going.

Now, something extremely common in the fandom is people saying "Xehanort has orange/yellow" eyes, and connect this to Terra's eyes changing color. You know, as if Xehanort's eyes were exactly the same color as the one Terra's eyes shone. This couldn't be further from the truth.

Xehanort the apprentice's (before he split into Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas) eyes were a distinct brown color(same one I have :v funnily enough), as can be seen in this render and this portrait, respectively:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x243/HadesDragoon/XehanorttheApprenticerender.png

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x243/HadesDragoon/Xehanortframe.png

Xemnas and Xehanort's Heartless on the other hand...

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x243/HadesDragoon/XehanortsHEartlessandGuardian.png

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x243/HadesDragoon/XemnasFace-1.png

Their eyes are a much lighter color than Xehanort the Apprentice's, orange to be more precise.

I'll admit that it's a bit difficult to discern the exact eye color of XH in that render (sorry, was the best one I could find and my weeaboo friend is too lazy to go and dig up a better render <<;), but even so I think it's clear that it's not the same as Xehanort's.

Also, you might be wary to trust the Xehanort render since it's not the same high quality as the Xemnas one. Admittedly, Xemnas' eyes look a bit darker in this one other render I have (that isn't as high quality as the other one):

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x243/HadesDragoon/Xemnasrender.png

Even in the lower quality though, at least to me, it's easy enough to tell Xemnas' eyes are lighter.

As for the color of Terra's eyes...

http://kh-3.net/images/gallery/kh2/screenshots/fmsecretending/416.jpg

The eyes shine pretty bright, there is no doubt that it's yellow.

So see, the eye colors are completely different. I could perhaps think of a few ways to form a connection between them still through eye color, but yeah, you get the point.

(Granted, even with all of this, there is a possibility all the Xehanorts' eye colors are actually orange, which would admittedly make sense. I don't recall the exact reason why, but you can ask Grace Assassin if you're curious. As a warning, if it was brought up again, it'd most likely go nowhere).

Questions are: why did Xehanort's eyes change color? Why did Terra's eyes change color? What's it mean?

Well, V.A.T.13 brought up an explanation for that a long while ago: the Terra+MX theory.

See, Terra's blue eyes with MX's orange eyes would fix this. Blue and orange, when mixed, make brown. Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas would inherit MX's orange eyes because...well, duh.

...this was before we got to see MX in-game.

Search - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Yellow eyes.

This kind of f*cks up that theory because yellow and blue make green, not brown.

On an unrelated note, this also makes MX's white skin color in the concept video inapplicable.

...but then there is something else to consider.

http://www.khinsider.com/images/BirthBySleep/Screen 13.jpg

The new enemy's eyes are red. I've heard people saying their emblem resembles an "MX".

And there has been speculation abound that MX may not be the true villain of the game. That DS is manipulating him from behind the scenes. Though that splitting from MX may well be concept, it's something to consider. Anyone get what I'm implying yet? :v

Also, another little thing:

The Lingering Sentiment is the tallest character ever to be in a KH game. You don't really realize this as you're playing, but it's true. To give you an idea:

http://varika.pair.com/mp3/KH Models/Org Heights Side.jpg

Lexaeus is the tallest Organization member, and he's pretty damn huge. Definitely bigger than all the other characters in the game (well, the humanoid ones, excluding the Disney characteAs you can see over there, rs, I don't know if any of them is taller than him)...except for LS.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l273/Sorade/LexaeusAU.png

In fact, he's about twice as tall as Sora:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x243/HadesDragoon/SoracomparedtoAU.jpg

Now, why did I bring this up? Well, logically, if Lexaeus is taller than Xemnas (who's pretty much the same height as Xehanort ('s Heartless), LS must be taller than them. And this holds true:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x243/HadesDragoon/XehanortXemnasKnightcopy-2.png

I really don't think that the armor would make him that much taller. This would put the Terra=Xehanort theory in serious jeopardy...were it not for this:

Interviewer: May I believe that the one you fight in KH2FM+, and Terra are the same person? Because they both use a very similar kind of Keyblade.

Nomura: If they really are the same person, or not is uncertain, though it doesn't matter if you think they are the same person.

This makes it clear that the Lingering Sentiment is pretty much an irrelevant factor in the theory.

My guess is, they just made LS that tall as to be more intimidating. He was supposed to be the hardest challenge in the game, after all.

Might seem irrelevant that I brought that up, but I thought it was a curious detail that I think some of you would enjoy, if only to laugh at how ridiculously tall LS is.

:v That about wraps this up. Discuss. Feel free to talk about Xehanort in general here too (who he is, his connections to other characters, etc).

Last edited:
N

*~NeoAdamus~*

oh no Hades not this. I dont care too much on the eyes, but we have to consider the height being a possible factor in dependence of his armor. He could be about a foot or 2 shorter in comparison to his armor

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
Oh my. First post in many many moons. =o

Very nice thread. Though they're just screwing everybody's mind over with that eye color thing. o_O; Hrm. This Terra Xehanort business has had me stumped for a while. Like the whole wanting to be Master thing. He says he doesn't care about being Master and one can only assume he's talking to MX. But if MASTER Xehanort already has that title, why would he be offering it or whatever to Terra? Leads more to believing that the DS is the real bad guy here.

Perhaps the DS pulled a Xehanort's heartless and stole MX's name or something. Well. If he was the one found with no memory and that's the only name he could remember, it makes sense I guess. Confusing each time I talk about it. x.o;

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

I think the title of Master comes into form with the balance of light and darkness. I could be wrong though.

To have complete control of the two can coincidentally give usage to a dark keyblade. For instance, Riku at first had the Soul Eater which was just a plain old sword.......but as im not sure, perhaps ridding the anger that pushed his darkness suddenly balanced the scale of his light thus giving him the dark keyblade Way To Dawn, just like MX's dark keyblade.

The theory is good and it expands on the issue of eye color that I brought in my thread about Xehanort and Terra. Now I never did take the height of LS into account though. Mainly because of what Nomura said so it didn't matter to me. Besides LS is cheating in pic your using. He is standing on his keyblade. :)

Omegas Squared

I have a possibilty of why lingering sentiment could be so tall. People have said that lingering sentiment is a memory of terra's hatred, or something like that. if thats true, such a powerful emotion is sure to increase the size of the physical embodiedment, thus explaining the lingering sentiment's dramatic increase in size.

gotegenks

lol, HES HUGE!!! XD

i think it was just to be intimidating though, i dont know though, it was interesting seeing the heights of the Org Members, Roxas and Zexion are tiny! o_O

Game_Punk

well he is intimidating but i bet he's making funny faces at you from under that helmet........... 1 like this :toungesmile:

Xejicka

I thought that Xehanort's eyes were dark blue, but I'm actually glad their brown. I think that the orange and yellow eyes comes with deep contact with the darkness. Just look at Ansem the Wise, weren't his eyes originally blue or brown? After he revelaed himself, his eyes were orange. Wasn't DiZ in the darkness or a long time though? That's what I wanted to point out.

gotegenks

Terras eyes going yellow at the end resembles him givin in to the darkness in his heart

not giving in, being close to the darkness, Ansem the Wise never "gave in" but he traveled amongst it, so his eyes were yellow. of course, if you give in to darkness, this obviously happens because you DO walk with it.

but Riku DID give in, and he was walking with darkness for a long time, but his eyes didn't change color, hmm...

State

Awards
Xehanort has brown eye colors while his Heartless and Nobody have orange eye colors and many people theoryze that Terra is Xehanort since Terra has yellow eyes like Xehanort and his Heartless and Nobody but now we see that Terra's eyes are different than Xehanort's and his other sides. This makes the mystery of Xemnas knowing Aqua's Armor more mysterious OR, the fact of MX IS Xehanort may be reborned. Another wonder is the "other friend" Xemnas wants to find in the Room of Awakening.

Zabuza

in a Cold and Dark place where there is a Shoebox
but Riku DID give in, and he was walking with darkness for a long time, but his eyes didn't change color, hmm...

If you count the time he was Ansem, then he had yellow eyes. But then you has to question if they can change back later, too.
If he would had got yellow eyes while he had his normal body, could they still come back to light blue?

And WOAH did I laugh or what when I saw the picture of Sora and SL XD
I'd rather say that Sora is quite short... he can impossibly be , let's say, 170cm (1,70m 5'6-5'7((?)))

afrobutt

Silver Member
So uh, I was bored and decided to look into your thread thing.

But I stopped paying attention when you got into the eye colors. I DID notice however that you have quite a few KH renders :V .

LS's height dominance over everyone else in the game is semi- lulzy though

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
The new enemy's eyes are red. I've heard people saying their emblem resembles an "MX".

Well, since the enemies just seemed to disappear when MX disappeared, I'd say there's a good chance he is their creator... =o

And there has been speculation abound that MX may not be the true villain of the game. That DS is manipulating him from behind the scenes. Though that splitting from MX may well be concept, it's something to consider. Anyone get what I'm implying yet? :v

I don't know... MX seems just too strong to be controlled by someone like DS...

I really don't think that the armor would make him that much taller. This would put the Terra=Xehanort theory in serious jeopardy...were it not for this:

This makes it clear that the Lingering Sentiment is pretty much an irrelevant factor in the theory.

Hmm... Terra alone is still a pretty tall guy... Also, the Terra=Xeha theory is already in jeopardy... There's not much, aside from the hair, that is similar to Xeha...

not giving in, being close to the darkness, Ansem the Wise never "gave in" but he traveled amongst it, so his eyes were yellow. of course, if you give in to darkness, this obviously happens because you DO walk with it.

Yellow = getting too close to the darkness... Nomura said so himself...

Xehanort has brown eye colors while his Heartless and Nobody have orange eye colors and many people theoryze that Terra is Xehanort since Terra has yellow eyes like Xehanort and his Heartless and Nobody but now we see that Terra's eyes are different than Xehanort's and his other sides. This makes the mystery of Xemnas knowing Aqua's Armor more mysterious OR, the fact of MX IS Xehanort may be reborned. Another wonder is the "other friend" Xemnas wants to find in the Room of Awakening.

I wouldn't say Xemnas "knows" Aqua, seeing as how he has no memories of his time before being found by AtW... I would say he figured that the armor, or more importantly Aqua, was connected to the past, but just didn't know how...
Xemnas isn't looking for "the other friend", he just wants the RoA... Xigbar mentioned that maybe the other "friend" is in the RoA, seeing as how Aqua was in the RoS...

State

Awards
Well, since the enemies just seemed to disappear when MX disappeared, I'd say there's a good chance he is their creator... =o

I don't know... MX seems just too strong to be controlled by someone like DS...

Hmm... Terra alone is still a pretty tall guy... Also, the Terra=Xeha theory is already in jeopardy... There's not much, aside from the hair, that is similar to Xeha...

Yellow = getting too close to the darkness... Nomura said so himself...

I wouldn't say Xemnas "knows" Aqua, seeing as how he has no memories of his time before being found by AtW... I would say he figured that the armor, or more importantly Aqua, was connected to the past, but just didn't know how...
Xemnas isn't looking for "the other friend", he just wants the RoA... Xigbar mentioned that maybe the other "friend" is in the RoA, seeing as how Aqua was in the RoS...

There is still one thing that might ruin the whole "Terra is Xehanort" thing... If the armor found in the RoA is Terra's.... Either Xemnas is MX or Terra lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back