• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

EZ Mode affecting Trophies

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Neo_

Awards
I noticed a little blurb about this while picking the mode that I accidentally skipped over. I've heard conflicting reports about which you can/can't choose and what Trophies it affects. For this playthrough I just want to Platinum the game as easily as possible... what's the best avenue? Beginner with just carrying my Keyblades over, and that's the most I can do?

Edit: So I redid it to read the message and it says "Gummi Ship Meister" disables the "Salvager" trophy and battle codes disable certain trophies, so I guess just avoid those; all you can do is Cooking Master to help with the Remy trophy and Shop Discount.

Part of me just wants to not even use EZ Pass to play it safe though.

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
I'm glad I got the platinum last year so I don't have to worry about that now. I'm using EZ codes too for the gummi ship and cooking.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Interesting. So does that mean if you use EZ Codes on one file you can't get trophies on another untouched file? I guess that means no more trophies for me then. A patch can fix that I'm sure.

okhi12

Awards
Interesting. So does that mean if you use EZ Codes on one file you can't get trophies on another untouched file? I guess that means no more trophies for me then. A patch can fix that I'm sure.
I don't think it will disable those thophies on savefiles without the EZ codes, but even if that was the case you could always transfer your saves to an USB or upload them via PS plus as a backup. Then you could delete all save data on the console, start a new playthrough, get the trophies, delete that save and restore the old ones from the backup.

But as I said I don't think using EZ codes in one save slot will prevent getting trophies in other slots where you didn't activate the codes.

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think it will disable those thophies on savefiles without the EZ codes, but even if that was the case you could always transfer your saves to an USB or upload them via PS plus as a backup. Then you could delete all save data on the console, start a new playthrough, get the trophies, delete that save and restore the old ones from the backup.

But as I said I don't think using EZ codes in one save slot will prevent getting trophies in other slots where you didn't activate the codes.
They don't. I beat Limit Cut and Secret Episode with One-hit kill codes and I got no trophies. Now I'm back to my other file to do it properly and the so far they've been activating. Not sure about turning them off on the file they were used though.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Good to know! I'm not a super gamer that goes for every trophy but when I do earn one I smile, so nice to know my Proud savefile will be safe.

Edit: Ryuman you have my respect for using the One-hit kill codes. I'm doing the same thing in Beginner Mode one shoting the pirate ships in Caribbean.

Neo_

Awards
The fact you can change EZ codes on the fly makes me suspect and nervous about doing a playthrough like this (like if I were to accidentally turn one on and off would it ruin everything?), but if it's only Cooking Master and Shop Discount you should be safe.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I'm glad they nullify the trophy achievement system if you activate the EZ Code menu for certain things. Imagine getting all the trophies in Limit Cut under ten minutes because you had the One-Hit KO setting on. You gotta earn those fair and square, no matter what settings you're on.

tmp1114

Awards
while in pro code it want you to get to level 99 and max out the defense and strength.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They don't. I beat Limit Cut and Secret Episode with One-hit kill codes and I got no trophies. Now I'm back to my other file to do it properly and the so far they've been activating. Not sure about turning them off on the file they were used though.
I used EZ codes on the limit cut and secret boss and then I loaded up the main game, turned off the EZ codes, went back into limit cut and unlocked trophies for beating the bosses, so you can do it on a save that has had EZ codes on.

Trophies like the Scavenger trophy are permanently disabled because you can not turn it off once you have turned it on. That’s the only trophy I’m aware of that is permanently disabled. I’m unsure of any others at the moment and can’t do any tests due to having the platinum and 100%ing the DLC.

Zer0 W0lf

I used EZ codes on the limit cut and secret boss and then I loaded up the main game, turned off the EZ codes, went back into limit cut and unlocked trophies for beating the bosses, so you can do it on a save that has had EZ codes on.

Trophies like the Scavenger trophy are permanently disabled because you can not turn it off once you have turned it on. That’s the only trophy I’m aware of that is permanently disabled. I’m unsure of any others at the moment and can’t do any tests due to having the platinum and 100%ing the DLC.

I did that and beating Young Xehanort without EZ Codes raised my progress towards Analysis Complete from 7% to 15%. Beating Larxene without EZ Codes didn't raise the progress for some reason. This has happened to at least one other person.
I've tried multiple ways of getting the progress to go above 15%, but nothing's worked so far. I'm going to try beating another Data Battle and then beating Larxene again to see if that does anything.

Zer0 W0lf

I turned off the EZ Codes on the file I beat the Limitcut and Secret Episodes with, and beating Young Xehanort without EZ Codes raised my progress towards Analysis Complete from 7% to 15%. Beating Larxene without EZ Codes didn't raise the progress for some reason. This has happened to at least one other person.
I've tried multiple ways of getting the progress to go above 15%, but nothing's worked so far. I'm going to try beating another Data Battle and then beating Larxene again to see if that does anything.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Dumb question but it's been something I've wanted to know since Friday - which data battle got you to that initial 7%?

Zer0 W0lf

Dumb question but it's been something I've wanted to know since Friday - which data battle got you to that initial 7%?
Data Xigbar. I used EZ Codes to train myself before beating him legitimately. Data Young Xehanort was my second Data Battle. After some EZ Code training, I decided, on a whim, to use Deadly Blow to beat him, the other Data Battles, and Yozora. At the time, I thought "Surely I can go back into my completed Limitcut file and earn the remaining achievements with it, right?" When my achievement progress went up after beating Data Young Xehanort legitimately, the answer seemed to be a definite "Yes." But when beating Data Larxene legitimately produced no change in my progress, that "Yes" didn't seem so definite anymore.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I see, thanks for letting me know. I was reading your posts and couldn't see any mention of what the first boss was and I was hopeful that maybe Larxene had been done first and you had just forgotten, which can happen if some time was taken away from the game because all the portals would be pink instead of blue, in which case we would have wound up with a happy ending here.

I'm not sure how helpful anyone could be if this is indeed a glitch. As evidenced by my use of Deathly Blow and then tackling the data bosses without it to unlock the achievement, and your progression bar moving up after defeating some of the bosses, you are allowed to re-do the bosses legitimately after having EZ codes on.

If continuing on doesn't work, in which case that just makes it feel like a waste of time when the end goal can not be achieved, I'd fear that starting from scratch would be the next option in hopes that it doesn't glitch again, which is also not ideal. At least a beginner mode playthrough with EZ codes turned on and skipping cutscenes mean you can get to where you are within 3-5 hours. Aside from that, getting to level 99 would be a priority.

Hopefully someone else out there may have a clue because this is the best that I can think up. I'm sorry this has happened to you, it's super shitty because of how difficult these bosses are.

Zer0 W0lf

I see, thanks for letting me know. I was reading your posts and couldn't see any mention of what the first boss was and I was hopeful that maybe Larxene had been done first and you had just forgotten, which can happen if some time was taken away from the game because all the portals would be pink instead of blue, in which case we would have wound up with a happy ending here.

I'm not sure how helpful anyone could be if this is indeed a glitch. As evidenced by my use of Deathly Blow and then tackling the data bosses without it to unlock the achievement, and your progression bar moving up after defeating some of the bosses, you are allowed to re-do the bosses legitimately after having EZ codes on.

If continuing on doesn't work, in which case that just makes it feel like a waste of time when the end goal can not be achieved, I'd fear that starting from scratch would be the next option in hopes that it doesn't glitch again, which is also not ideal. At least a beginner mode playthrough with EZ codes turned on and skipping cutscenes mean you can get to where you are within 3-5 hours. Aside from that, getting to level 99 would be a priority.

Hopefully someone else out there may have a clue because this is the best that I can think up. I'm sorry this has happened to you, it's super shitty because of how difficult these bosses are.
One of the methods I tried to use to raise my progress was beating Data Larxene on Limitcut files that had no cleared fights yet. Those fights didn't change anything. I'll keep going on my completed file and if all else fails, I'll start a new playthrough. Wish me luck.

Ryuman

Awards
Website
twitter.com
One of the methods I tried to use to raise my progress was beating Data Larxene on Limitcut files that had no cleared fights yet. Those fights didn't change anything. I'll keep going on my completed file and if all else fails, I'll start a new playthrough. Wish me luck.
Perhaps a stupid suggestion but maybe try a legit secret boss completion? Considering it unlocks code use for a file it might trigger something? Sorry to hear about the glitch though.

Zer0 W0lf

Perhaps a stupid suggestion but maybe try a legit secret boss completion? Considering it unlocks code use for a file it might trigger something? Sorry to hear about the glitch though.
No need! I beat Data Young Xehanort again, saved on an empty file, and beat Data Larxene again on that same file and my progress FINALLY went up to 23%! You need to have all 13 Data Bosses defeated on one file to finish the Limitcut Episode and unlock the Secret Episode, right? I think Analysis Complete works the same way: you need to obtain a new legitimate victory on a save file containing your previous legitimate victory to raise your progress towards Analysis Complete. After I beat Data Xigbar legitimately, I saved, used Deadly Blow to finish the Limitcut and Secret episodes, went back into that file, and beat Data Young Xehanort legitimately. That victory raised my progress from 7% to 15%. However, instead of saving after that victory, I returned to the title screen and went into the file that only had my legitimate Data Xigbar victory on it and beat Data Larxene legitimately, only for my progress to remain at 15%. I think that's the game stopping you from raising your achievement progress the easy way by reloading a completed Limitcut file over and over again to get your items and Cuisine Bonuses back after each fight without having to buy replacement items or gather more synthesis materials for non-purchasable healing items and ingredients for food after your Cuisine Bonuses disappear. I'm going to try beating another Data Boss on a separate file to see if that will raise my progress further now that my previous legitimate victory exists on a save file. I have a feeling it won't, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Zer0 W0lf

@Ryuman I tried legitimately beating Data Dark Riku on a file separate from the one that had my previous legitimate victories saved on it. As expected, winning on that kind of file did not raise my progress. Then I went back into the file that had all my previous legitimate victories saved on it and legitimately beat Data Dark Riku there. Strangely, that didn't raise my progress either. I'm going to try a few other things to raise my progress again. After that, I'm going to restrict my attempts at the next Data Boss to the file with my previous legitimate victories saved on it. Hopefully, that prevents this issue from occurring again.

Zer0 W0lf

My achievement progress is stuck again, this time with Data Dark Riku. I was able to get Data Larxene to raise my progress from 15% to 23% by defeating Data Young Xehanort again, saving, and beating Data Larxene again. I beat Data Dark Riku legitimately on a Limitcut file that was cleared with Deadly Blow and had all my previous legit wins saved on it (Xigbar, Young Xehanort, and Larxene). My progress stayed at 23%. When you went back into your EZ Code file to unlock trophies, did you save after each win and only play on that one file? I think your could answers could point me in the direction of a solution.

Back