• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Facebook

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
This is not a Facebook bashing thread. I want to ask people's opinions about Facebook. If you guys remember my first thread in this Discussion Board, I talked about a girl that I couldn't forget and how I was so shy that I couldn't talk to her and she graduated.

Now, I happened to peruse Facebook and I found her profile on Facebook. The problem is I'm not a big fan of Facebook. Well, I hate it actually. But she is worth it and I want to talk to her, but I'm worried that she won't even remember me, or care that I contacted her.

Should I go against myself and get a Facebook to talk to her not knowing what she'll say. If you guys can input on this and how you feel about it, that would help with my choice.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Well apparently they just edited their TOS which everyone is pissed off about.
Basically anything you ever posted or kept on Facebook is recorded and Facebook holds the right to permanently retain licenses for said content. They could use your 2 year old daughter in a third-party ad campaign without your permission.

Other than that, it's way better than MySpace.

Queen of Hearts

I didn't like Facebook.. And I wasn't interested in it until a friend was leaving and that was the only practical way of contacting her. I say get it. If your really like this girl, go for it :D
I guess it's okay.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Basically anything you ever posted or kept on Facebook is recorded and Facebook holds the right to permanently retain licenses for said content. They could use your 2 year old daughter in a third-party ad campaign without your permission.
They switched their TOS back to the way it was orginally because of so many complaints.

Though if you want to use facebook to keep contact with someone, isn't that what the site is about? It is a social networking site that allows you to keep contacts with friends and family as well as adding a few fun things to do. They don't force you to do anything on the site so why everyone whines about it is unclear to me. If you want to talk to the girl again then go for it unless you really think it will destroy your personal beliefs to get one.

Shade737

Silver Member
The only thing I could want is the ability to have music playing on your profile other than that its ok and better than myspace.

The King

Token Black Guy
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
I kinda have this same issue...so im gonna use you and see how it works out. Go for it and let us know lol. But there is this girl in my business class and she also happens to work at the bank I use. She is by far the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life, but I cant talk to her....im used to girls moving on me. But anyway, I did find her facebook and I'm hesitating to add/talk to her cuz I feel it's kinda wierd -_-. But yea I say go for it lol

Sacred X

Freshmeat
I kinda have this same issue...so im gonna use you and see how it works out. Go for it and let us know lol. But there is this girl in my business class and she also happens to work at the bank I use. She is by far the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life, but I cant talk to her....im used to girls moving on me. But anyway, I did find her facebook and I'm hesitating to add/talk to her cuz I feel it's kinda wierd -_-. But yea I say go for it lol

If you're going to friend request a person you've never spoken to, they're probably going to think you're a creep. Talk to her face to face first. If you can't even do that, too bad and move on.

Also, to the topic creator, what's the big deal about getting a Facebook? You're going to feel "uncool" or you think you're "better than that"? If you find a use for Facebook, which you apparrently do, then do it. Also to repeat what I said above, if you've never spoken to this girl much, you shouldn't expect much. However, you really don't have much to lose, and you won't have any regrets in the end.

Reneeski

My MOM has a Facebook o_O

Anyway, if you REALLY like this girl, start talking to her. Get to know each other more, and maybe you could meet up sometime once she knows you're not a stalker/rapist.

S

Shadow Soldier

This is not a Facebook bashing thread. I want to ask people's opinions about Facebook. If you guys remember my first thread in this Discussion Board, I talked about a girl that I couldn't forget and how I was so shy that I couldn't talk to her and she graduated.

Now, I happened to peruse Facebook and I found her profile on Facebook. The problem is I'm not a big fan of Facebook. Well, I hate it actually. But she is worth it and I want to talk to her, but I'm worried that she won't even remember me, or care that I contacted her.

Should I go against myself and get a Facebook to talk to her not knowing what she'll say. If you guys can input on this and how you feel about it, that would help with my choice.

That's how I started talking to this one girl I like. It starts off awkward and she might not remember you, but if you have any classes or anything with her, she'll remember you.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
It might help if you amass a legion of friends before talking to her.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
There was something on it on TV, in the news today (in France).

They said now when you go for a job, often your futur boss goes on your Facebook to get information on you. Depending on what they find, they take you or say you no. There is even the case of someone who got fired because he wrote he couldn't bear his boss on Facebook, and the boss saw it.

Seen like that, it gets pretty scarry.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com

go get laid.

as a matter of fact, does she live close to you?
have you ever thought - you can like her as much as you like through facebook, but what about if she doesn't turn out the person you think she is in real life.

disappointment, wouldn't that be?

i agree with Vice. Go find a real chick and talk to her.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm not some creepy stalker. I'm sorry this thread gave off that vibe. I was on friend's facebook and searched for her and there she was.

For the posters who say that this is stupid, would you guys request that I ask a friend to do this for me? I don't know if that'd be a wise course of action.

For everyone who doesn't know the whole story, I'll try and find it. It should shed some light on the subject.

UnnamedPerson

Awards
It's not really that creepy, as long as you are her friend. I'd call It "Romantically Complicated" :p

Just go for It and talk to her, and just tell her that you thought It would be fun to Create a Facebook and you saw her name on there so you wanted to say Hi. Easy as ABC :)

A

Audo

There was something on it on TV, in the news today (in France).

They said now when you go for a job, often your futur boss goes on your Facebook to get information on you. Depending on what they find, they take you or say you no. There is even the case of someone who got fired because he wrote he couldn't bear his boss on Facebook, and the boss saw it.

Seen like that, it gets pretty scarry.
That's why they have this thing called 'Privacy Settings'. =__________=;;

Anyway, I recommend Facebook regardless of the reason. It has proven to be quite practical in the past. Plus, it is a good way to keep in contact with people (and i don't mean just this random chick). So, i'd say go for it, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back