• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexel

Beyond hope
So I went diving through these threads and found no dead threads with this title. If there still is a thread about this game, feel free to merge or whatevs.

-x-
Fahrenheit-Pal-Front-Cover-10282.jpg

fahrenheit_cover-m.jpg

_-Fahrenheit-Xbox-_.jpg

Title - The name of this game varies based on where you are. In Europe, it's known as Fahrenheit, but here in the U.S., the title was changed to Indigo Prophecy. I heard this is due to a movie released earlier that also had Fahrenheit in the title, so this was done to avoid confusion.

Consoles - PC, Xbox, PlayStation 2

Release date: 2005

Indigo Prophecy follows the events concerning one Lucas Kane, starting when he stabs a man to death in an East Side diner in New York while in a possessed trance. Fleeing the scene, Lucas attempts to figure out what happened that day and why.

For most of the game, you'll switch between several characters; Lucas Kane, Detectives Carla Valenti and Tyler Miles in pursuit of Lucas, and Lucas's brother Markus Kane. The choices you can make throughout this game are practically limitless, from the mundane tasks of living to the action scenes, this game requires loads of interaction. This game is pretty much one big interactive movie. Depending on the final choices you make, three different endings are available to you.

As for other aspects, the storyline is pretty good as well. Lucas at first tries to move on past his experience, but later on when he loses his banking job due to his many hallucinations, Lucas starts trying to figure out the truth of that day. The main conflict here regards an indiviudal referred to as the Indigo Child, who is a pure soul said to never before have been incarnated and holds the secret of life. There are three factions fighting over the Indigo Child:

-The Purple Clan, a group of AIs seeking to rule the world and enslave humanity eternally. As they lack the Oracle, they instead influence Lucas to further their goals.

-The Orange Clan, a secret society seeking to become immortal and to rule Earth from behind the scenes. They have the Oracle at their disposal for achieving their goals, and know what anyone is doing any minute of the day.

-The Invisibles, a secret human underground organization that monitors the Indigo Child and those who seek to get their hands on her. Most of the members appear to be homeless bums, which gives them the advantage of being largely ignored and allows them to hear and see much under this guise.

As far as the soundtrack goes, I haven't listened to it yet, but I hear good things about it. Not hearing anything from anybody who might dislike the OST, at least.

Graphics are, admittably, far less than stellar. They're not horrible, per say, and the textures fit the environment, but they could be worked upon. With all the other aspects of the game, however, this slight problem can be overlooked pretty easily.

-x-

And so let those who have played the game discuss about the game and write what they think. I, myself, just recently lost the chance to own this game, something I plan to amend soon. For now, here's a gameplay video for some of you folks out there yet to hear of this covering the fight between the Oracle and Lucas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Lsc2DVaCs&list=FLNz_NI1DZRx1sHseFaoWNFw&index=2

Pretty much the most over-the-top thing about the game I've seen. This shit rivals The Matrix, yo.

And, of course, a video of the first approx. 8 minutes of gameplay for Indigo Prophecy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBx3ZxYc3Ac&feature=related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back