• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Fairy Tail

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swag

Young King
I know I'm late as shit, but I just started reading this one. It's pretty good.

Anybody else reading it?

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I just heard about it a lot recently, and I'm thinking of looking into it. Haven't yet though.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
There was, I made it when the anime adaptation started. It died off though, so whatever.

Swag

Young King
There was, I made it when the anime adaptation started. It died off though, so whatever.

My bad. If I don't see it on the first or second page I just go ahead and make the thread D=

Anyway, sticky?

Manga's pretty dope, Natsu reminds me of Luffy which is an automatic plus. Gonna have to check out the anime.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Apparently, the anime didn't carry over the artstyle of the manga very well (I haven't really delved into either for much, so I don't know how accurate that is).

Death

Your #1 Bruh
Didn't they have a Fairy Tale thread already ? Or did they just cancel it ?

Its pretty good so far. Too bad they basically said Mistgun is weak when Anima came.

And Lucy is busting alot of culo.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
The anime isn't that bad. I mean not as good as others but it mostly stays true to the manga so yeah.

Manga has been good but I wish they would allow us to understand the missing dragons alittle.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Manga has been good but I wish they would allow us to understand the missing dragons alittle.

Was going to say the current arc could explain it but with...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Happy grew a pair this chapter.

I loved this weeks installment.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Swag

Young King
I think Happy's gonna gain some new power in this arc.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Only watched an episode or two of the anime, so I can't compare the two.

But basically, Fairy Tail feels a lot like One Piece-lite. The sense of scale in the world isn't as large as in One Piece (even though the most recent arc attempts to fix that a bit, it has little success, imo). The whole "coolness" factor is a weaker form of One Piece's as well. Though the characters have interesting enough quirks (such as Natsu's inability to ride vehicles, Gray's constant stripping, and Erza's desire to show off), they don't have the same sense of identity that One Piece characters have. Take Natsu, for example. On the surface, he is incredibly similar to Luffy. However, he doesn't capture his childlike innocence as well. Though certain moments come across as sounding good, the writing for his character can often come across as more of a "teenage" stubbornness as opposed to a "childlike" stubbornness.

The manga has its moments, but it doesn't have the same overall strength and creativity that One Piece has.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
The current manga arc is coming along nicely. If that guy turns into Gazille's cat, that'd be priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back