• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

False Clues

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

EnoehT

Ok, heres an interesting thought I had. During Reverse/Rebirth all they seem to talk about is the darkness in riku's heart. But then right near the end they say he has the light too, making him (invincible) stronger than he thought he was. At the end of his story he says "I'm taking the middle road. The road to dawn." and then it shows the bhk on top of the clock tower looking at the sunrise. My first thought is WTF?! the bhk is riku?! Then I watched DD (thank you KH2.net) and realized that they are both there at the same time, so my first thoughts were kinda worth crap. Could the glance they share as they pass eachother mean something, maybe riku was split into dark and light? Anyone? Thoughts, ideas, theories. Spamming of my n00b'ness to this board?

DarrcEnigma

EnoehT said:
Could the glance they share as they pass eachother mean something, maybe riku was split into dark and light?
While the glance between DWU and BFU probably does represent something that will happen in KHII, it's not much to go on. The thought that BHK and Riku are light and dark halves of the same whole is even more ridiculous than the thought that BHK and Sora are like that.

In truth, the words "darkness" and "light" are used entirely too much in this series. What's worse is that, more often than not, the words don't represent the actual forces or powers, but general feelings and other related things. Riku's "light" is his friendship. He does not actually have the ability to use the powers of light -- though he does have the ability to use the power of darkness.

The ending of Reverse/Rebirth is the most widely debated part of the game, despite the many, many contradictions the game's script makes. My personal belief is that the road doesn't necessarily refer to him being "twilight," but him returning to the realms of neither light nor dark -- either present or in-between. But of course, it could also represent him being a wielder of the darkness, fighting for the cause of "good." There's simply too many ways to break it down due to the countless meanings of light, dark, dusk, dawn, twilight and in-between in this game series.

Silverwolf1500

The Silver Guardian
A glance is a glance. Perhaps they just know each other.
Riku's heart is of both darkness and light, which combined can be unbeatable.
No way is BHK really Riku( where does that idea come from?)

I just thought of something..

* If the BFU is really Riku, then that means the events of DD had to have happened sometime after Sora slept in the pods, in COM, and after Riku was walking down the path.
Riku became an unknown after COM, so that means that DD could not of happened yet.
But the trailor was after KH.
This seems to show that BFU is not the Riku we know.
But then again, DD could take place after COM. But it all seems suspicious now.
(these are just thoughts) ;)

~NGD OMEGA~

Truer words are always spoken, but rarely are they writen here....

Anyway I agree that just walking the path does not make you what you are, but it is the journey's end that holds the true prize that is in store. (Sage talk for: He has to go through his journey to become true Dawn).

EnoehT

The bhk is riku thing was the logical part of my brain reacting to what i thought was the last piece of the puzzle, it probably is just not well thought out idea. As for the many meanings of light and dark, i am referring to the allignment of the heart, for example sora is alligned to the light, though in KH2 he may be a bit TOO much of a bad ass. Riku chose the darkness, but now(though he remains in darkness) it is best to consider him as an enigma, because he's no longer riku that we all used to know love/hate (that boss fight was F'IN HARD!!!) Riku has become one with the twiglight, which in this case i beleive means light/dark but more alligned to the dark. Dawn would be the same only alligned w/ light. Or I could be wrong on all of this and taking it waaaaaaaaay to seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back