• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu interviews Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind DLC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Will the DLC give us 100 save files? I miss being able to have 20+ save points to be able to revisit fun segments and refight cool bosses. This along with other things really prevented me from wanting to play KH3 after my first playthrough.
I always create a new save file before each boss, so that I can revisit them. KH3 broke my heart with just 9. I NEED 100 save files.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
These ideas at this point seems doubtful really. Try not to overhype yourselves less you be prepared for disappointment like before.

Oh, I don't think anybody has any hopes of the DLC fixing anything or giving them what they want. It's just nice to get out what we would ideally want if the development staff could read our minds.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Famitsu never does this, but we missed a part of the interview because they shoved it at the bottom of the page and it literally looks like a footnote or one of the random blurbs they always have rather than a question. The article has been updated with the additional question and answer.

– How do you take control of Roxas and the others in 'Re:Mind'?

Nomura:
Similar to how you'd play as Riku and Aqua in the main story, there will be stages in the additional scenarios where you can select which character you'd like to use. The additional scenarios are independent, so you can enjoy this content after clearing the main story.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Famitsu never does this, but we missed a part of the interview because they shoved it at the bottom of the page and it literally looks like a footnote or one of the random blurbs they always have rather than a question. The article has been updated with the additional question and answer.
It's rather weird the magazine would do that.

But this answer is really exciting. He actually makes it sound like our options might be more than the ones we've seen so far. Even if not this should be fun.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Nomura: There's going to be 13 new superbosses, ten hours of cutscenes, Sora's feet, everyone who buys the DLC is coming out with me for blackjack and hookers, and I'll kiss you on the mouth on the way home.

fr though gimmie oathkeeper SOONER :(

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Famitsu posted the full interview on their website, with new questions and some tweaks to the ones that were in the printed magazine. Check the OP for the updates!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Nomura: Wry smile. "Demyx is coming"

Oh that sounds ominous. I swear if he actually is you know who.......

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Interesting so all these aditional custcense and fights are for after you beat the game. Here i assumed we'd be getting them spliced in with the regular game a la Final Mix. Wonder if this means what we're seeing is part of the secret episode.

Also i'm rather curious as o how we'll get to choose the characters.

Megavoltage

Awards
In Aqua's playable section I NEED a battle gate that has Final Xehanort in it. It would be sooo therapeutic for a Birth by Sleep representative to finally get revenge even if it's some illusion fight.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Oh thank goodness, I remembered reading that part somewhere but then it wasn't in this thread and I thought I was going crazy

CDD

Awards
Looking forward to the limit cut bosses and secret boss. Hope they'll add some new combo modifiers to base Sora or even just give him some of the ones from Second Form.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I want to make note that we did change a few translations due to the changes in the questions and answers so please read over everything again.

NoWay

Awards
Similar to how you'd play as Riku and Aqua in the main story, there will be stages in the additional scenario where you can select which character you'd like to use.

Now this sounds very interesting.

But I don’t know what to think about this:
The additional scenarios are independent, so you will be able to enjoy this content after clearing the main story.

I want to know what “independent” means. I mean, are they rewriting the actual story? Is this a alternative story? Is it canon or not?
I really hope that the new scenario is in fact canon and not some independent “what If stuff” like they did in FF15’s Episode Ignis where you could play a scenario which wasn’t actually canon to the overall story.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Nomura: Wry smile. "Demyx is coming"

Oh that sounds ominous. I swear if he actually is you know who.......
giphy.gif

If Demyx has any big secrets, then let it be that he always remembered what happened in the Chi-era.

Or better yet, no secrets at all! He's just a random guy who got mixed up in the UX stuff out of sheer bad luck.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Now this sounds very interesting.

But I don’t know what to think about this:

I want to know what “independent” means. I mean, are they rewriting the actual story? Is this a alternative story? Is it canon or not?
I really hope that the new scenario is in fact canon and not some independent “what If stuff” like they did in FF15’s Episode Ignis where you could play a scenario which wasn’t actually canon to the overall story.

It means that it can be enjoyed apart from the main game—that you don’t have to replay the entire game to access the new content.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
giphy.gif

If Demyx has any big secrets, then let it be that he always remembered what happened in the Chi-era.

Or better yet, no secrets at all! He's just a random guy who got mixed up in the UX stuff out of sheer bad luck.

Nomura's finally going to reveal that Demyx doesn't actually play his sitar during battle, he just has an audio playback offscreen.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I've been playing Final Fantasy 10 and if I could choose one FF character as a secret boss, I would definitely go with Jecht with this beauty playing on the background.

I was also interested in Noctis before, but now that Yozora is a thing I rather to fight against him.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
giphy.gif

Yeah, anything would be better than Demyx being........MoM. Heck I'd accept him as a sort of secret apprentice over being the man himself

Back