• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu interviews Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind DLC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Kirankrt

Yeah, anything would be better than Demyx being........MoM. Heck I'd accept him as a sort of secret apprentice over being the man himself

Agreed. If he is MOM...I wouldn’t take it seriously since we already beaten him before.

Yack23

Thanks for the updated translation. I'm even more excited now. It seems like additional scenario let's you pick any guardian as playable. I want to try playing as Axel for the first time

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Demyx is officially going from a "benched" chicken to an important nobody

Megavoltage

Awards
I know most of this has no chance at happening, I'm just having fun coming up with random stuff.

Days had an Anti-Saix battle in Mission Mode, this monster should come back in one of the battle gates Roxas deals with. And if Xion is fought inside a battle gate I want her to have those several monster forms based on Sora's KH1 abilities she had for her final fight in Days. Battle gate Xion could even have new monster forms from mimicking the stuff Sora used in KH2, DDD, and KH3. And how about a trinity effort fight that has RAX all against a battle gate Xemnas. And speaking of Xemnas I want TAV to interact with him and I don't want this to be in the realm of non-canon battle gates, this bizarre meetup would be amazing.

Edit: Ohhh! And how about fighting Sora? He's a powerhouse with a million weird abilities, you could get several unique boss battles out of him just depending on what Keyblades and abilities he'll be using at a time. Riku and the others wouldn't want to hurt him but anything goes in battle gates, let's get nuts.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Thinking about it again, how many of those new cutscenes are gonna tie back to Union X, I wonder. What we've seen of the new "scenario" mainly seems to focus on the characters related to that particular plot development, but I suppose there could still be a few new scenes of the protagonist interacting (even if, by way of the story's structure, there's very limited opportunity for such a thing since so many them only come back in the final hours of the game). I guess it would depend on where the cutscenes are placed, but I don't see them going too hard on things that happen post KH3's main start outside of the Secret Episode. On the subject, I get the sense that if the secret episode truly does have this incredibly difficult boss, they'll want you to have access to the broadest gameplay mechanics available in the game. So I'm guessing that, at least gameplay wise, it'll be focusing on Sora for most (if not all) of that final episode, which would be a bit of a bummer, but understandable.

Obiewantsanipod

If Demyx has any big secrets, then let it be that he always remembered what happened in the Chi-era.

Or better yet, no secrets at all! He's just a random guy who got mixed up in the UX stuff out of sheer bad luck.

That's probably the best suggestion pertaining to Demyx I've heard so far. Either that, or that he can still summon his keyblade but chooses not to, assuming he's a wielder. But I like your idea more.

Yeah, anything would be better than Demyx being........MoM. Heck I'd accept him as a sort of secret apprentice over being the man himself

He could just be a boss fight or a battlegate. And agreed, I don't want him being the MoM.

I'm keeping my expectations in check, and I like what I see so far. But I still want my Mirage Arena world, that can't be so hard to implement. I want endless hordes of everything we've encountered so far coming at me from every corner. I want to die, and suffer, and yell at the screen as I passively comprehend whether or not throwing the controller across the room is a good idea.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I know most of this has no chance at happening, I'm just having fun coming up with random stuff.

Days had an Anti-Saix battle in Mission Mode, this monster should come back in one of the battle gates Roxas deals with. And if Xion is fought inside a battle gate I want her to have those several monster forms based on Sora's KH1 abilities she had for her final fight in Days. Battle gate Xion could even have new monster forms from mimicking the stuff Sora used in KH2, DDD, and KH3. And how about a trinity effort fight that has RAX all against a battle gate Xemnas. And speaking of Xemnas I want TAV to interact with him and I don't want this to be in the realm of non-canon battle gates, this bizarre meetup would be amazing.

Edit: Ohhh! And how about fighting Sora? He's a powerhouse with a million weird abilities, you could get several unique boss battles out of him just depending on what Keyblades and abilities he'll be using at a time. Riku and the others wouldn't want to hurt him but anything goes in battle gates, let's get nuts.

I so want this. I want all of this. I was hoping Xion would have her monster forms and some new ones with future Sora abilities since they spoiled she'd be a seeker. What a fun boss fight that would be. Fighting against your best abilities past and present. Bonus points if monster Xion uses the KH1 and KH2 versions of Ultima Weapon.

RAX vs Xemnas in a battle gate? Yes please. Give them flashy team attacks that wrecks him. I so want RAX team attacks. TAV should have a similar one with old man Xehanort, via a battlegate. If they do this, I'll gladly accept battle gates over Coliseum tournaments.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I so want this. I want all of this. I was hoping Xion would have her monster forms and some new ones with future Sora abilities since they spoiled she'd be a seeker. What a fun boss fight that would be. Fighting against your best abilities past and present. Bonus points if monster Xion uses the KH1 and KH2 versions of Ultima Weapon.

RAX vs Xemnas in a battle gate? Yes please. Give them flashy team attacks that wrecks him. I so want RAX team attacks. TAV should have a similar one with old man Xehanort, via a battlegate. If they do this, I'll gladly accept battle gates over Coliseum tournaments.
I really hope that you can pick who you play as and your party members.

I would choose Sora, Riku, and Kairi vs. Ansem, RAX vs. Xemnas, TAV vs. Master Xehanort. I wonder if we can recreate Roxas vs. Xion? Xion was one of the 13 darknesses you fought.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
In a very hypothetical scenario that the Master of Masters turns out to be Demyx, I wonder what got Nomura into reutilizing Demyx in such a grand way. Like, I get that Xigbar turned out to be Luxu, what with him being Master Xehanort's second-in-command, but a Nobody (lol) like Demyx? Why? Is it because of his already laid-back personality?

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards

I always thought it would have been cool if in Days the final/secret boss was you controlling Roxas versus Sora so you can redo the famous KH2 but from the other perspective.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I hope they balance things between new cutscenes and gameplay content. KH3 already feels like a movie in some parts and it doesn't need to be like that.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I wonder if we can recreate Roxas vs. Xion? Xion was one of the 13 darknesses you fought.
I always thought it would have been cool if in Days the final/secret boss was you controlling Roxas versus Sora so you can redo the famous KH2 but from the other perspective.
Honestly, things like this really make me wish we got a proper 358/2 days remake. :(

On that thought, I wonder what fully realized duel wielding Roxas gameplay would like now a days (I mean with a comparable amount of depth and customization to other playable protagonist). I imagine the ability to equip two different Keyblades of your choosing at once would function kind of like the drive forms did in Kh2 (in terms of stats and abilities), and maybe with some added boost for each blade that you can strategically stack to get the maximum effect out of your equipment against a certain enemy. I could also see it being similar to days in that your combo's completely change depending on the weapon combination you have in play at the time. Ugh, so many possibilities I wish they would just use! 😫

Zul

Awards
Wait so that is MoM talking to YX? I'd assume it was just the interviewer's assumption, but Nomura's lack of refuting it throws the possibility in there. Doesn't really make much sense to me tbh, whereas it makes perfect sense that it's Luxu talking to YX.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wait so that is MoM talking to YX? I'd assume it was just the interviewer's assumption, but Nomura's lack of refuting it throws the possibility in there. Doesn't really make much sense to me tbh, whereas it makes perfect sense that it's Luxu talking to YX.

I'm going with it being the interviewer's assumption and Nomura decidedly did not correct them in order to throw people off the trail of who it may really be. It wouldn't be the first time he's lied in interviews.

"MoM isn't in KH3" my ass lol

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
In a very hypothetical scenario that the Master of Masters turns out to be Demyx, I wonder what got Nomura into reutilizing Demyx in such a grand way. Like, I get that Xigbar turned out to be Luxu, what with him being Master Xehanort's second-in-command, but a Nobody (lol) like Demyx? Why? Is it because of his already laid-back personality?
My quick thought on it. Where before we had "these lookalikes are separate characters" Nomura could now be going in the direction of "these separate characters are actually the same person." While Nomura might very well be doing it for the "shock" factor (this is Nomura we're talking about) he could also be trying to avoid having to juggle more characters by using preexisting ones with little to no background.

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm going with it being the interviewer's assumption and Nomura decidedly did not correct them in order to throw people off the trail of who it may really be. It wouldn't be the first time he's lied in interviews.

"MoM isn't in KH3" my ass lol

Yeah I was just waiting for the MoM to appear after that statement.
But who knows, maybe THAT specific part of the scenario was written afterwards after seeing how so many people wanted the MoM to appear

Or maybe is just some loophole like "The MoM won't appear in KH III, but he will appear in KH III secret scenarios" or something

My quick thought on it. Where before we had "these lookalikes are separate characters" Nomura could now be going in the direction of "these separate characters are actually the same person." While Nomura might very well be doing it for the "shock" factor (this is Nomura we're talking about) he could also be trying to avoid having to juggle more characters by using preexisting ones with little to no background.

Man, it's tricky. After reading this I got replies going in every direction.

On one hand, that's not a crime and can be used to link stuff up and reduce the narrative burden.
On the other hand, I feel like a character such as the MoM should just be a separate character, especially considered how many more characters in the franchise (including the Mom's closest apprentice) already make use of alternative identities. Nomura needs to let some characters go and never come back, also to slim up the roster.
On yet another hand, this still wouldn't erase the fact that Demyx is yet another character left with no background for 10+ years only to be shoved in the Ux dimension along anyone else. Demyx being the MoM would just be more bombastic than him being a Leader or just a wielder from the Ux era.
(I'm not saying this to *explain* it to you, of course. This is all stuff we've been going through over and over, and we're all pretty disgruntled about it lol)

And yet... I don't know, the more I think about it the more I see it happening. I can totally see Nomura writing a scene in which you see Demyx's face under the MoM's hood and using his "You shouldn't judge anyone by appearance" line from KH II as a "hint" of his true identity.
And the more I watch Back Cover the more I see a resemblance between MoM and Demyx's gestures, especially when feigning fear and surprise.
Man... it's happening. Here I say it. DeMoMyx is coming.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I would not like Demyx being MoM at all. Demyx is one of my favorite Organization members and it would annoy me if he was this super genius Keyblade Mastermind this whole time with zero buildup. At least with Xigbar they showed him knowing practically every little secret in Kingdom Hearts even since the beginning. Demyx is a lovable side character who's lazy and just wants to loaf around. And he knows it. Let Demyx be Demyx.

I'm also not very crazy about Luxord, Marluxia, Larxene, and Demyx all being ancient Keyblade wielders. Like really? Why did Organization XIII need Sora, Roxas and replicas when practically every member is turning out to be a Keyblade wielder all along? But that's a different matter. Point is I hope Demyx is not MoM. I love Demyx, and from what I've seen of him MoM is entertaining. I like him more then old man Xehanort already. But seriously just let him be his own character. I actually hope we never seen MoM's face. Sometimes leaving it up in the air is best.

Back