• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu interviews Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 4 and Missing-Link

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chie

Awards
Back in the KH2 days the FF7 characters who showed up were relevant to the then-releasing Compilation of FF7 stuff too. Could call it a "marketing tie-in", or simply a natural part of the creative process. Therefore wondering if TWEWY or Stranger of Paradise characters would show up is totally natural based on precedent... and no matter how much he says it's "not connected", the concept of this setting still draws from TWEWY heavily, much like how the older games drew from FF7 in ways beyond actual characters.

SuperNova

Awards
Nomura question dodging about the TWEWY gang is just gonna make the fandom want to see them more lmao. It's interesting that they are bringing back the reaction commands from KH2 makes me wonder if KH4 is gonna be a hybrid of 2/3 battle systems.

The fact they are still using the kingdom shader pretty much confirms Quadratrum is gonna serve as starting location/hub world of sorts. That's interesting.

ivaannom

Awards
BTW I'll explain how the riddle goes and what's the secret message since a lot of people most likely don't know japanese.

First of all you have to write all the message in hiragana until the X

Now, then remember X in roman numbers is 10. Then look at the form of the X

I had number's and spaces put in here but the forum deletes the spaces and messes up with the text i'll just leave the text in a quote

Now, what does it say? こえのしょうたいはしぐるどよ, 声の正体はシグルドよ. The voice identity is Sigurd.

I skip the the last partうちゅうい? or does it want to say 注意ちゅうい? But then what's the u before? Anyways i think the message it's only until "Sigurd"

Oh okay I fully resolved the last part, I was confused because I thought it said Sigurd yo, with 'yo' as the particle but I was so stupid that I didn't realize it said you chuui要注意 instead lmao, now the full message makes sense

声の正体はシグルド要注意 The voice identity is Sigurd, special attention.

I'll edit the previous message with the full message to not confuse more people

Now I'll be able to sleep in peace without thinking over and over again why was the last part like that

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The interviewer didn't mention stranger of paradise, why did nomura bring it up?
People tend to take anything that Nomura touched and demand it make its way into Kingdom Hearts, e.g. Aya Brea because he designed her. SoP, being the most recent game Nomura was somewhat involved in, did have people start posting online about wanting Sora to meet Jack.

So I get why Nomura would bring SoP up as a "no."

Awards
People tend to take anything that Nomura touched and demand it make its way into Kingdom Hearts, e.g. Aya Brea because he designed her. SoP, being the most recent game Nomura was somewhat involved in, did have people start posting online about wanting Sora to meet Jack.

So I get why Nomura would bring SoP up as a "no."
With the big diff being the people demanding this stuff are talking about the characters

While Nomura is apparently thinking that they mean the actual game universes

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
With the big diff being the people demanding this stuff are talking about the characters

While Nomura is apparently thinking that they mean the actual game universes
I can't fault him for this either aha. When talking about SE properties, I've seen it go to "I hope Sora goes through the Reaper's Game in TWEWY's Shibuya," "I want to see Midgar!" etc a lot.

There's a lot of different levels to fan demands, and we don't know how this often gets to Nomura, if it's being shown to him, if he looks for it himself etc. so what he's basing his answer on is different to what we see.

Personally, I've seen a lot of tweets about KHIV actually starting out with a 7 day Reapers Game where Sora meets the Reapers. I've seen people say KHIV is ripping TWEWY off with the MoM and the other person watching from a building mimicking Uzuki and Koki. That's more than seeing the characters, that's wanting TWEWY's rules and stuff itself.

There's also what happened with NEO, the people trying to make a connection between the reused night sky on the box art being from KH3.

SuperNova

Awards
Suddenly we see Cloud working at a Japanese Starbucks and Nomura will continue to insist that its just a reference and not a full blown character because it has nothing to do with FF.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
-- Oh, so it's a command that appears briefly under certain circumstances and, if successfully executed, triggers a special action.
Nomura: The reason it's appears with a black circle is because we haven't announced the platforms yet.
-- I see.
Nomura: After KH3 released, we saw quite a few people asking for reaction commands to return, so we brought them back.
Oh, God.... The fanbase strikes again. This is even worse than them causing Atlantica to become a non-fighting world in 2; honestly the hand-holding, guard-railing, and minimalist KH2 worlds is at their doorstep to me, too, because so many complained about not knowing where to go in KH1. The fanbase trying to foist Kairi and Star Wars, Marvel, the kitchen sink, etc. on the series is bad enough, but causing the return of Reaction Commands is easily their worst crime so far.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Oh, God.... The fanbase strikes again. This is even worse than the fanbase causing Atlantica to become a non-fighting world in 2. The fanbase trying to foist Kairi and Star Wars, Marvel, the kitchen sink, etc. on us is bad enough, but causing the return of Reaction Commands is easily their worst crime so far.
But I like RC, QTE hate is overblown.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh, God.... The fanbase strikes again. This is even worse than the fanbase causing Atlantica to become a non-fighting world in 2. The fanbase trying to foist Kairi and Star Wars, Marvel, the kitchen sink, etc. on us is bad enough, but causing the return of Reaction Commands is easily their worst crime so far.
Honestly, I don't quite know where Nomura got the idea that the fanbase wanted reaction commands back. People seemed overjoyed to see them gone. I don't think I really saw this sentiment anywhere on major western gaming forums, Reddit, or on social media, so I wonder if this was exclusively from Japanese fans?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I definitely saw people say they missed reaction commands on Twitter.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
So far the only fan complaints that have lead to anything positive are the ones over KH2's poor level design and Disney's low relation to the main plot*. We can file the FF characters' return as another positive, if that actually happens (not holding my breath though). This is why you have to be wise about what you complain about out loud...

* The consequence unfortunately being the original worlds becoming nothing. :X That's a side effect I didn't expect when I said I wanted the Disney worlds to be more complex like they were in KH1 and involve platforming again in the post-2 years.

LostArtist

Awards
Oh okay I fully resolved the last part, I was confused because I thought it said Sigurd yo, with 'yo' as the particle but I was so stupid that I didn't realize it said you chuui要注意 instead lmao, now the full message makes sense

声の正体はシグルド要注意 The voice identity is Sigurd, special attention.

I'll edit the previous message with the full message to not confuse more people

Now I'll be able to sleep in peace without thinking over and over again why was the last part like that
I have no idea who Sigurd is (well had no idea, now I do ish lol) but I saw your post posted on Twitter, solving the riddle, and I gotta say that was brilliant. It’s so cool seeing stuff like this, even though I’m clearly not caught up with everything ha.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Oh, God.... The fanbase strikes again. This is even worse than them causing Atlantica to become a non-fighting world in 2; honestly the hand-holding, guard-railing, and minimalist KH2 worlds is at their doorstep to me, too, because so many complained about not knowing where to go in KH1. The fanbase trying to foist Kairi and Star Wars, Marvel, the kitchen sink, etc. on the series is bad enough, but causing the return of Reaction Commands is easily their worst crime so far.
I was so excited to re-visit Atlantica in KH2 and when I saw it was a musical world, I was upset. I mean I liked that Under The Sea and Part of Your World were used, but there should have been fighting segments.

The reaction commands coming back may not be so bad. If he includes from the start of the game the feature that came with ReMIND to disable certain things, then I wouldn't mind reaction commands. I didn't care for the attractions in KH3 and didn't like them building up all the time, so every time I play KH3 I disable them.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Nomura: After KH3 released, we saw quite a few people asking for reaction commands to return, so we brought them back.
Don't get rid of them again. It's my favourite gameplay mechanic and I was glad that they came back in ReMind.

Back