• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Famitsu interviews Nomura on Kingdom Hearts 4 and Missing-Link

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Ooh, with Reaction commands returning - I bet xigbar/Luxu will shoot lasers that we can deflect like in KH2. That's my favorite RC from KH2.

NoWay

Awards
I really hope that the Nobody’s are returning. I’m already looking forward to using RC against them

ivaannom

Awards
KH Missing Link takes place around 4 generations after Ephemera was alive. In the trailer, Sigurd talks about "The ones who inherit the association" and "the ones who didn't inherit the association"(in the official en trailer it says sprawled and branched societies, take the translation you want). Ephemera's bloodline are part of "the ones who inherit the association" and the people who are not part of ephemera's bloodline are part of the other associations.

I'm still reading the interview, if i see something interesting i'll make another post

CDD

Awards
KH Missing Link takes place around 4 generations after Ephemera was alive. In the trailer, Sigurd talks about "The ones who inherit the association" and "the ones who didn't inherit the association"(in the official en trailer it says sprawled and branched societies, take the translation you want). Ephemera's bloodline are part of "the ones who inherit the association" and the people who are not part of ephemera's bloodline are part of the other associations.

I'm still reading the interview, if i see something interesting i'll make another post
If that's the case... Brain, if he's related to Eraqus, would probably be his father and not an ancestor.

ivaannom

Awards
- There may be little changes in Sora's KHIV design

- The Association(KH Missing Link)'s objective is to collect pieces from the past, present and future and you can use the power of those pieces(the pieces are shown in the trailer, it's the characters we know)

- Nomura says in the interview that all the foretellers besides Luxu disappeared(there was confusion because Ryokutya said "annihilated" but no, they just disappeared)

- The lost masters are the new enemies but not all of the lost masters have the same will.

- The biggest reason to why they selected Ishibashi is to get a point of view of someone who doesn't have experience with KH series to make it easier for new users to approach the series and because in NEW TWEWY she was really good with the characters behaviours and logics(basically making the characters act like they should)

- Nomura confirms once again that we will know why Xehanort became "skinhead" in Dark Road, he literally said skinhead.

- We will know about the EX HUD in the future

- About the new bgm, one of the orders about the later part is to make it as if we feel hope with the hero's entrance

- "Everything" in the real world that was showed in the trailer before the logo except the chess piece scene is a section of Quadratum

And i thinks that's it, the most important parts of the interview

Oh and Tanemaki Tomoko wrote a few new scenarios for Dark road.

--

Edit: I almost forgot, the 2 characters with a coat that appear at the end of the trailer are a secret, the interviewer asked:

Q: Who are the 2 guys with black coat? One seems to be the master of masters but...

Nomura: That's still a secret(laughs)

Last edited:

Cooper Newton

Awards
BTW I'll explain how the riddle goes and what's the secret message since a lot of people most likely don't know japanese.

First of all you have to write all the message in hiragana until the X

Now, then remember X in roman numbers is 10. Then look at the form of the X

I had number's and spaces put in here but the forum deletes the spaces and messes up with the text i'll just leave the text in a quote

Now, what does it say? こえのしょうたいはしぐるどようちゅうい, 声の正体はシグルド要注意. The voice identity is Sigurd, special attention.
I know this is a bit late to say this, but I am really impressed you and the other fans were able to figure this riddle out.

bobgoesw00t

Awards
Website
bobgoesw00t.tumblr.com
So uh...it seems Nomura always takes the fans wishes into account based on this interview.
The REAL question IMO is how many of those wishes will he take only to then troll the fans who asked for it. That, along with how much trolling will he do in the process. I mean I keep telling everyone, TETSUYA NOMURA IS THE BIGGEST TROLL IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE xD

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I find it interesting that Nomura mentions wanting kh4 to be accessible to new players. This makes me think sora will have amnesia for a part of the game.

2 quid is good

Awards
Does he even need amnesia? Sora doesn't know any of the plot points of the UX saga, so of course, the game will explain it to him, and by extension, us. Anyone saying knowledge of UX is absolutely necessary to enjoy KH4 is capping.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Does he even need amnesia? Sora doesn't know any of the plot points of the UX saga, so of course, the game will explain it to him, and by extension, us. Anyone saying knowledge of UX is absolutely necessary to enjoy KH4 is capping.
If he gets amnesia (like complete amnesia) it could make some fun conflicts between Sora & Riku at some point in the game. Riku keeps trying to bring Sora home but Sora doesn't know who Riku is and maybe leads to a boss fight

Also Namine could be relevant because she is connected to Sora's memories!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If he gets amnesia (like complete amnesia) it could make some fun conflicts between Sora & Riku at some point in the game. Riku keeps trying to bring Sora home but Sora doesn't know who Riku is and maybe leads to a boss fight

Also Namine could be relevant because she is connected to Sora's memories!
Amnesia could also be interesting when you take into account Donald and Goofy. If they make it into Quadratum thanks to Hades it could be like KH1 again where Sora is traveling with them for the first time.

With the difference being they've already known Sora even if they are strangers from his perspective

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Please no I don't need another rehash of CoM with the amnesia plot, just let Streletzia be our tutorial guide and lore dump for UX.
The logistical reason why the amnesia plot point was even a thing was that most people who played Kingdom Hearts would have skipped Chain of Memories because it was on a different console, it's why you can enjoy Kingdom Hearts II without having knowledge of Chain of Memories.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
The logistical reason why the amnesia plot point was even a thing was that most people who played Kingdom Hearts would have skipped Chain of Memories because it was on a different console, it's why you can enjoy Kingdom Hearts II without having knowledge of Chain of Memories.
and it sounds like they want to make this game easier for newcomers to understand

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The amnesia thing makes sense. I feel like if you go into Quadratum, your memories should be wiped or fuzzy. Your "real world" memories can't be taken over into the fictional world.

I love the idea of Donald and Goofy meeting Sora again "for the first time" in Quadratum.

The only issue with people losing their memories when they go into Quadratum is... they'll wake up and have no idea what to do. I suppose we can see Sora getting Roxas'd. I swear I have this feeling that we will be playing as Sora during the tutorial, then it's reveal that we were actually Yozora all along (of course, after 7 days).

Back