• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fan anniversary dates

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alexxio M.

Awards
Hi everyone I've been thinking about Kh's 20th anniversary and thought it would be cool to compile all the important fan dates this includes days, weeks or months for certain types of fanfiction, music remix evolutions and character birthdays. I have some dates here.
3/28- sora and the series' birthday
9/17- Riku's birthday and kh1's original release in the US
11/15- Kairi's birthday and kh1's original release in the UK
11/22- kh1's original release in Australia
12/26- kh1 final mixes original release

I can't wait to see your responses have fun😊.

Soldier

Awards
Where are you getting these character birthdates from exactly?
Until I see evidence of the contrary, it is my professional opinion as a biologist (and KHInsider's resident quack) that they're pulling them out of thin air, or their rectum. (Except for the original KH 1, that's actually the correct date).

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I assume they are going based off of Nomura's statement when asked about Sora's birthday, when he said that Sora's birthday was on the day of his game release to be "like a Disney character where their "birth" is their first appearance".

Then the OP extrapolated that information at random to other release dates in other countries for the other characters. While Sora's birthday is accurate (at least if we take Nomura's statement as canon) the other characters haven't had any official statement.

Personally I think its a sensible approach to try and determine their birthdays, but it's pretty subjective as to which country release date you put their birthdays to.

If I had to assign my own dates, though, I would go more off of games where the characters were "showcased" and first playable, as much as possible.

Sora's bday- (3/28) KH1 JP release date (as per Nomura's statement)
Riku's bday- (11/11) KHCoM JP release date (first major playable time was Reverse Rebirth)
Kairi's bday- Two options I would go for here, either
(1/23) ReMind release date (first playable here)
(11/13) Melody of Memory World-Wide release date--chose not to go for the JP release since it was 11/11 the same as CoM. (since shes the narrator, and it was marketed as "her" game).

Obviously this method is...a bit broken since a ton of characters were all introduced in the same game and the kh games tend to release around similar times.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Where are you getting these character birthdates from exactly?
I assume they are going based off of Nomura's statement when asked about Sora's birthday, when he said that Sora's birthday was on the day of his game release to be "like a Disney character where their "birth" is their first appearance".

Then the OP extrapolated that information at random to other release dates in other countries for the other characters. While Sora's birthday is accurate (at least if we take Nomura's statement as canon) the other characters haven't had any official statement.

Personally I think its a sensible approach to try and determine their birthdays, but it's pretty subjective as to which country release date you put their birthdays to.

If I had to assign my own dates, though, I would go more off of games where the characters were "showcased" and first playable, as much as possible.

Sora's bday- (3/28) KH1 JP release date (as per Nomura's statement)
Riku's bday- (11/11) KHCoM JP release date (first major playable time was Reverse Rebirth)
Kairi's bday- Two options I would go for here, either
(1/23) ReMind release date (first playable here)
(11/13) Melody of Memory World-Wide release date--chose not to go for the JP release since it was 11/11 the same as CoM. (since shes the narrator, and it was marketed as "her" game).

Obviously this method is...a bit broken since a ton of characters were all introduced in the same game and the kh games tend to release around similar times.
I am indeed going off the statement that Nomura made about Sora’s birthday to get the birthdays for the other characters
and for characters introduced in the same game ill use the release dates of the game outside of Japan unless there’s too many main characters for that and if that’s the case I’ll either mix up the Japanese release date, use other release dates from the series or for organization members only their original org rank. Using Lauriam and Elrena as examples I’ll use the dates that they appeared for the first time in union cross in Japan so Lauriam‘s birthday would be 8/24 and Elrena‘s birthday would be 11/22 which ironically makes Elrena’s birthday fall on KH1’s release in Australia
also I’d put Namine’s birthday as Com’s release in Japan instead of Riku due to the fact Riku first appears in kh1 and because Naminé was the only reason other than searching for Mickey and Riku and the Organization actively trapping him that Sora kept going through Castle oblivion.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Here are some more Birthdays to keep the discussion rolling

Roxas’ birthday- 12/22
KH2’s release in Japan- 12/22
Xion’s birthday- 5/20
Kh Day’s release in Japan- 5/20
Axel’s birthday- 12/7, 9/29 or 3/26* he first appeared in com but he’s more important in Days and kh2 (since March 28th is already used for the birthday of the entire series and sora i used kh2’s release year in the US to determine the last date also the last date can’t be used for Axel if Isa also uses it)
Isa’s birthday- 3/26, 7/11 or 11/17 Isa first appeared in kh2 but his younger appearance showed up in bbs and that’s why the last two dates are scrambled up versions of the Japanese release date of that game
Hayner’s birthday- 9/2 kh2’s release in the EU without the extra nine
Olette’s birthday- 9/28 kh2’s release in Australia
Pence’s birthday-2/12,12/2,1/22 or 3/29 a jumbled up version of kh2’s Japanese release or the original release of Kh2 final mix
Xehanort/Ansem SOD/Xemnas and maybe Terranort- 7/22 the release of dark road
Luxu- the same date as the release of the update where we see him for the first time in Japan (hard to find exact dates for Chi game updates)
unpossessed Braig- the same date as the release of the update where we see Luxu for the first time in the US

Dilan/Xaldin- 9/26, 3/9 or 3/2 the first date references the release of kh2 in EU with the day replaced by the year the last two dates uses his org rank for the month and takes a number away from the day kh2 released in the EU for the day

Even/Vexen- 5/6, 4/5, 4/25 or 4/6 the first date comes from the release of com in the EU as he first appeared in com the second date moves the month of com’s release in the EU to the day and uses the empty month slot to put his org rank, the third takes the second date but replaces using the month of com’s release in the EU with using com’s release year in the EU for the day and the final one just replaces the month of com’s release in the EU with his org rank

Aeleus/Lexaeus- 1/13, 5/13, 5/31 or 3/15 the first date is com’s release in Australia the second takes the first and replaces the month with his org rank and the last two take the second one and mixes it up

Ienzo/ Zexion- 3/27, 7/23, 6/29, 6/27, 6/7 or 3/6 the first date references the Japanese release of RE:com. The second date scrambles up the first. The third date uses his org rank for the month and the day of the Japanese release of RE:com. The fourth date takes the first date and replaces the month with his org rank. The fifth references the first date and gets rid of the unnecessary 3 and 2 and the final date takes the first date and replaces the day with his org rank.

Demyx- 10/9, 9/10, 9/23, 2/25 or 1/23 the first two dates reference the EU/Australian release date of kh days. The second date scrambles up the release of kh2 final mix. the third references the XBOX release of kh3 remind and scrambles the Japanese release of kh2 and the final one references the PS4 release of kh3 remind

Luxord- 12/10, 10/12, 5/27, 5/3, 5/10, 10/5, 10/27, 10/23 the first two reference both the Japanese release of kh2 and his org rank. The next two dates reference kh days‘ release in Japan. The fifth date takes the last twos dates and replaces the day with his org rank. Then the sixth date scrambles the fifth. The seventh date takes the third and replaces the month with his org rank and the final date references kh3 reminds release on PS4 and his org rank.

Alexxio M.

Awards
Halloween is a pretty significant date in KH, so I'm gonna go with that.

Terra should be april fools.
Great suggestions question for HotGarbage though do you mean Terra’s birthday should be April fools or that his fanfiction day should be April fools because I was gonna put his birthday as the US release of BBS since ven takes the Japanese release and Aqua would take the UK/EU one

Back