• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fantasia alla Marcia

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathy

phantom thief
Awards
Website
vintage-aerith.deviantart.com
Thanks to DJFirewolf for the link to "Fantasia Alla Marcia for Piano, Chorus, and Orchestra": Click Here to Listen--Link from BlueLaguna.net

What did you think of "Fantasia"? I personally think it's quite possibly the best orchestral song I've EVER heard. Ever. It takes a lot to get me this worked up, but this was just an AMAZING piece.

To give you an idea of its awesomeness:

0:00-1:05
A very Star-Wars-ish and upbeat beginning, very majestic and jumpy.
1:05
It segues into a slight variation on KH1's "March Caprice" (credits theme song)--it gave me chills, how suddenly it faded in and made me remember the old version.
2:10
A rather chilling transition into a piano-centric variation on Dearly Beloved and some of the new KH2 themes, leading directly into...
2:37
A sweeping and very mournful rendition of "Always on my Mind" (the melody played when you lock Riku and Mickey behind the doors), seguing into...
3:03
Suddenly, the music gets frantic, with loud and brassy winds playing. We know what this means...
3:20
Now we're into "Guardando Nel Buio", the song heard during the last few boss fights against Ansem in the World of Chaos in KH1. Considering that this was one of the best battle themes in the game, well, that speaks for itself in full orchestra with chorus in Fantasia. Next we hear...
3:50
We're beginning to hear the undertones of "Another Side", and the chorus heard in Guardando continues through.
4:10
Now we're into "Another Side" (or, "Organization XIII")...a haunting and more subdued version than what we heard in Deep Dive.
4:28
And now we're back into a "Dearly Beloved" and "Always on my Mind" interlude...
5:02
A big brassy finisher and light flute and trumpet interlude, and suddenly...
5:42
A really powerful part of the song--after the franticness of all the above, suddenly the "March Caprice" begins quietly and very emotionally, though not with sadness. (This part really gets you good--definitely gave me a chill.)
6:13
"March Caprice" builds up and crescendos...until...
6:53
The choir comes back in full-force and the "March Caprice" plays at its biggest and brassiest and most majestic, and phases into a huge buildup into a very Beauty and the Beast-style finish, with slowing down, timpanis, and a huge final chord.

Awright, so call me a freak. But I thought this was just excellent. Any other music-lovers care to share their thoughts?

Last edited:

TheKing'sGuard

Musicians? Here. It is very well done and definitely nice rewarding music at the end of the game. Not the best but still a nice orchestra version. I will say the piano in unison with the choir and strings is a nice touch.

Good Orchestra song - FFX when Tidus finds out what happens to Yuna when she calls the final aeon. Another great song is when you fight Yu Yevon at the very end (piano is excellant)

Piano Collections are also excellent if you can find them.

C

cam ron 77

I love listening to orchestrated versions of songs. i'll have to check it out. (thanks for the link DJ)

darkriku14

beginning and end
i downloaded that song. IT ROCKS @__@

it is one of the best orchestra songs i've heard, hands down. 7 Minutes long practically, i already listened to it at least 10 times xD.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
It definetly is the greatest track of the soundtrack.

I had a few points where it became boring, after the little intro it took too much time to build up.

But the rest kicks ass.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
.Oathkeeper. said:
Awright, so call me a freak. But I thought this was just excellent. Any other music-lovers care to share their thoughts?
A freak?!

Oh no, youre definetly not a freak, especially not at this moment.
The thing is, a lot of people don't really get into music and actually "feel" the beauty of it. The "chills" you're talking about...

I always have that when a song has something emotional in it. (A feeling I love. It feels so great and flows through your whole body...(no pervert kids, not that))

Anyways, very good review and I totally agree with ya. Great song.

Hyperion

Nice review Oathkeeper!

I love Fantasia alla Marcia, it's an excellent orchestral piece. The way it brings a multitude of songs together (like Sora, Another Side, Always on my Mind, March Caprice etc) make it even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back