• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FAQ: How to Beat Sephiroth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rytackle22

Zombie Hunter
Awards
Please dont spam here even if it's good spam, anything you want to add post in "The Unofficial HOW DO YOU BEAT SEPHIROTH THREAD". If you have a different stratagie It'll be much appreciated if you post it there. If you do want to know what Strategy bests suits you (at whatever LV. your on) just ask and I'll recommend one of the 5 stratagies to you.

INTRO: After the 1,000 Heartless battle you will be able to encounter a new kind of battle against one of the hardest and most vile enemies Square-Enix has ever created... Sephiroth. You may notice that throghout the game Cloud is looking for him. Well head to the Dark Depths and you'll find him staring into the distance. Talk to him and your battle will begin.......

Strategy 1 written by Rytackle22

Pre-Sephy: What you need to do coming into this battle is equip in the shortcut menue Curega, six elixers, and Reflectga. For abilities take off all combo enhancing abilities and put on as many negative combos as you have, this is because the more critical hits on Sephy the better. Also you MUST have the once more ability or the second chance whichever but you must have one of them. If you can come into this battle with the Ultima weapon do it, if you cant, use the Oblivion. I beat Sephy when I was at lv.62 on proud but I got kinda lucky, So I recommend you be at least lv.67.

Stage 1: OK when the battle begins make sure you press triangle (duh) and once your done blocking let sephy have it with a string of blows. When your done with him he teleports away and walks towards you. If he's on the ground for a long time get readt to press triangle. If Sephy starts do do his long ground combo, you can either run away (baby) or you can jump and aireal dodge right above him until he's done then string more blows on him. The only other attack Sephy does in this stage is when he teleports right next to you an pops you into the air. This is a very good chance to give him more pain if you do it correctly. Once he hits you into the air automatically use aireal recovery w/ circle and once he teleports next to you again mash X. Im 100% positive if you do it correctly you have a chence to land 2 strings of hits on him. Repeat this stratagie until you reach stage 2.

Stage 2: You have reached this stage when Sephy launches big blue orb thingies into the air. There are 4 ways to deal with these orbs, Hit them with your keyblade, use reflectga if you have the magic (I recommend this), ignore them (not to smart), or let them hit you (also not to smart). Sephy is faster in this stage and teleports more so it'll be harder to land hits on him. Another attack he does is he realeases a massive wall of fire into the air. As long as you dont get caught in the middle and keep running away like a baby you'll be fine. Now for Sephy's stongest (and most annoying, evil, dumb, stupid and EVIL) attack.....SIN HARVEST (I think thas what it's called). Ok what Sephy does hear is jumps into the Air yells stuff then takes away all your magic and puts your HP to 1. Ok the main way to avoid this is once Sephy teleports make sure you know where he is when he reappears. If he begins to rise in the air make sure you get ready to charge towards him. Run towards him while he's rising, as soon as he stops you need to jump then aireal dodge then let him have it. A strongly discourage the use of gliding, jumping the aireal dodging will get you there faster. Repeat all this stuff untill you reach stage 3.

Stage 3: You will know when you have reached this stage when sephy starts to glow red. In this stage Sephy combines everything from the last 2 into 1. Bassically do everything I've told you to in the appropriate situation and you'll do fine. His only new attack is where he rises into the air and does something called a meteor storm on you. For something that looks so devistating it really isn't. The best way to dodge this is to keep jumping and aireal dodge out of the way, if you take a few hits thats fine just dont die. And thats it.....YOU BEAT SEPHIROTHY. Remember dont doubt yourself, THERE IS NO PERFECT GUIDE, USE YOUR INSTINKS TO WIN.

Post-Sephy: Im just gunna put this out there. Go back to cloud and talk to him, then go back to Sephy and talk to him, Then watch the really awesome cutscene, then PWN everyone with your new Fenrir Keyblade (really good keyblade)

Strategy 2 and 3 written by dylmurhaha

Pre-Sephy: In my strategy, you are going to keep your combo plus' because this is where your damage will come from. However, take off all attack enhancements except for Slide Dash, and only equip 1 finishing move for the ground and 1 finishing aerial attack. Once More or Second Chance is a great help; you should definetly have at least 1 equipped. You should also equip MP Haste and MP Rage if you can, and another must is Berserker. The last must have move is Retaliating Slash, which lets you counterattack when knocked into the air <--- VERY IMPORTANT.Come customized with Elixir, Curaga, and Reflega. Fill up 6 slots of Elixirs and equip Ultima if you have it and if not, then Oblivion, and your ready to go! Also, your Valor, Master, and Final forms should be maxed, Wisdom is not required, but would be helpful. You should be around level 70 to take him on (it can be done earlier)

Stage 1 When the battle is about to start, start mashing the triangle button so it's a sure block against his flash attack, which can be devastating if it hits you. As soon as you block it, he will be right next to you, so unload a string of combos and double jump glide away because he will try and hit you back right away. When you get far enough away he will either use flash again where you just do what I said to do above, or he will teleport to you and uppercut you in the air. When this happens let him uppercut you! After he uppercuts you wait for him to reappear right next to you and quickly push square, and then unload another chain of combos. (it is possible to pull off 2, but is sometimes risky) When you are done with your combo, double jump glide away, and repeat this until you have some damage on you. When you are somewhat damaged use cure after you unleash your combo in the air. Now wait until he hits the ground next to you, THEN start double jumping and gliding when he is about to attack. Now he should be trying to do a ground combo on you, but you should be too far away for him to hit. Now get close enough where you are just out of his swords reach, and then slide dash in and keep pushing X. Since your MP is recharging Berserker has taken effect and while Sephy ison the ground he can't do anything about it. You should be able to hold him in a "Berserker Lock" long enough for your MP to recharge before he teleports away. By now, he should go into stage 2, if not just keep doing the aerial combos when he uppercuts you.

Stage 2 Stage 2 starts when he summons dark orbs all around you. In stage 2 Sephiroth gains new abilities such as the dark orbs, the huge beams of fire he had from the first game(only it pulls you in now) and Sin Harvest, which makes your life go to 1 and your mp to 0. He is also becomes much quicker. So when he throws down the orbs, go ahead and start casting reflega over and over and his dark orbs will hurt him. He will probably cast more so be ready to keep casting, and it should knock him back. If he doesn't knock back, quickly double jump and glide away so you dont get caught up in his combo. Around now he should teleport. If he isn't next to you within a second after teleporting, look around you and he should be floating up in the air. QUICKLY double jump and glide under him and start attacking. This is his Sin Harvest ability that is near . You know he is performing it because he says "Now, Sin Harvest" If you hear him say harvest and you arent about to hit him, hold L1 and get ready to use an elixir because otherwise your screwed. So continue the previous strategies of slide dash when your mp is restoring and letting him uppercut you and now also reflega his orbs and double jump glide when he does sin harvest. To escape his fire beam attack just double jump and glide away (or quick run if you have it). THe orbs are really what will get you because he has a tendancy of performing Sin Harvest right after he throws down some orbs. Be sure not to use an elixir instead of Curaga if he hasnt used Sin Harvest in a while because you need the MP to reflega the orbs. If he does throw down orbs and you dont have mp, your only option is to attack them, which does not always work great.

Stage 3 The start of this stage is marked when Sephy glows red. The only differences between this stage and the last one is that he is extraordinarily faster and also has the ability meteor, and throws down a lot more dark orbs (so be ready to reflega!). Now when I say faster, I mean faster. He will glide around you and hit you from all angles- the slide dash berserker technique does not work in this stage. Rather, it does work, but it is too risky because it is too hard to hit him on the ground in this stage and if you screw up, his ground combos now are just as bad as sin harvest. Only use ground combos after he has performed flash and you have successfully blocked it with triangle Save your curagas for when you really need them. Apply all the concepts from other battles and apply thisnew one: When he casts meteor it will appear as if he is doing Sin Harvest only he will go out of reach. When this happens quickly double jump from side to side. It sounds stupid, but you will take absolutley no damage if you just double jump left and right. Most of your damage will come from aerial combos. You are going to want to double jump glide and glide in circles during the majority of this stage to avoid all his ground attacks. After gliding for a bit he will then do his uppercut where you can perform your retaliating slash and get your damage in.

Post-Sephy Go talk to Cloud in the Market area of Hollow Bastion and then go back and talk to Sephy, and ta-da, Fenrir is yours.

Pre-Sephy For this strategy you are going to make sure you have Trinity Limit and Berserker. These will be your two main attacks. In this strategy, you can keep Sora the way you have it set up, but be sure you have either the Once More or Second Chance abilities equipped. You will also need Retaliating Slash and Slide Dash. MP Haste and MP Rage are also very helpful. Equip 6 Elixirs (elixirs are even more important in this strategy than any others) and the Ultima or Oblivion Keyblades. You should have all forms maxed out and be at least level 70, or if your confident than be over 60.

Stage 1 As soon as the battle starts, start mashing the triangle button to block his first flash attack. After you block it, unleash your first string of combos while he is vulnerable. Directly after, use your Trinity Limit Break. Once this is performed go straight for him; since your MP is gone, Berserker takes effect. Make sure Sephy doesn't get a chance to teleport away (though eventually he does no matter what when he takes enough damage), but hold him there as long as possible. By the time he gets out, you should have a lot of your MP back. If your MP is back then perform another trinity, if not then go in for another Berserker Lock. If Sephy uses flash, be sure to use triangle, and if he uppercuts you in the air, as soon as you see him reappear push square and unload a combo onto him. This may also be done with berseker, however berserker is much more effective on ground. Besides that, just double jump glide when you need to get away from Sephy's ground attacks.

Stage 2 This is where it gets tough for this strategy. Marking stage 2 would be the dark orbs that Sephy throws down. Since your MP will be gone for most of this battle, you cannot rely on Curaga to heal yourself, OR reflega to deflect the orbs. To get rid of the orbs, target one of them and just attack as quick as you can, so you can dispatch them in time to meet his Sin Harvest. When he starts to perform Sin Harvest, he will fly into the air and turn red, QUICKLY double jump and glide towards him and unload an aerial combo. Sephy will also use a move that throws up a wall of fire. To get out of this just jump and glide away. Besides this, apply the same tactics as the first stage.

Stage 3 The last stage starts when Sephy jumps away from you and glows red for the remainder of the duel. This stage is the toughest because Sephy is so fast and teleports a lot. In this stage the only new move is Meteor, which to dodge just double jump left and right back and forth. In this stage, SAVE YOUR MP!!! You can use it for reflegas or curagas. Trinity Limit does not need a set amount, it just uses all of your MP. So you can use reflegas as long as you dont run out of MP, and only use curagas in emergency. The only time you should try to attack Sephy on the ground though, is when he performs Flash. After you block Flash, use Trinity, and then berserker lock him. For this stage, you should rely on doing damage when he uppercuts you in the air and you use retaliating slash. When Sephy tries to pull all those ground combos off, just double jump and glide around until he settles down. Also, remember to apply what I've said previously, about blocking Flash and Sin Harvest, etc.

Post-Sephy Go back to the Market and talk to Cloud. Then run back to the dark depths and talk to Sephiroth to watch Sephy and Cloud duel and then get Fenrir from Tifa.

strategy 4 by ansem the wise

pre-sephy : I over-leveled for this fight (lvl 94 in proud) but you could probably do the same as what I'm suggesting at lvl 75ish. I equipped ultima though its not really necessary just whatever your strongest weapon is. The things you need are : Guard, all combo pluses, combination boost, trinity limit, once again, second chance. Load the six elixers and set them to the quick link. Make sure berserk is off! I noticed you guys like it but its unecessary and he tended to teleport away after a certain point when I used it...anyway it was the turning point in my fight with him when I didn't have it on.

Stage 1 (beginning of fight) Hit the triangle button to block the initial attack then turn and pull a full combo on him right off the bat. Take two steps towards wherever he is and throw up a guard immediately after the second step. He will hit you three times then you will be given one second where the sword somehow misses you if you block immediatly jam the attack button and you will stop his combo halfway through the attack and set up for another full combo from yourself. Repeat this until he says something like 'time to end this'...I can't remember exactly what he said but its usually after you knock off four and a half bars of health.

Stage 2 (starts when Sephy first throws down dark orbs) Right after he says that he prepares for one of four things : Orbs, another combo, teleport combo or meteora. Use trinity limit to its fullest and run when he teleports away. Que up an elixer when you are safe and throw down another trinity limit. I think after the third trinity limit you move on to :

Stage 3 (starts when Sephy gets a red aura around him) Once this happens set up a fourth trinity limit but be prepared as I had trouble landing half of it so (this is where the no berserk comes in handy) land near him (did anyone notice he didn't teleport so much when he got the aura around him?) and unleash a finishing combo asap.
post-Sephy (every strat will just say talk to Cloud then talk to Sephy to get Fenrir and +gauge)

So you can knock him into stage two without so much as a scratch (using guard and a heavy combo) and no need for running. Then through stage two rely on trinity limit/elixers and finally in stage three finishing combo him to win.

Strategy 5 written by Jace

there is a way to beat sephiroth with a low level of 59 and the keyblade you get from holloween town (forgot the name^.^"). and a minimal number of items(ihad 1 elixer 1 mega elixer an ether and a hi potion)on the game level of standard

This was the strategy i used
Note*not sure it will worked its what to do if ur too lazy to level up but have the skills not to get hit alot
Pre-Sephy Make sure u have ur items. from what i read 6 elixers should do. also have the abilitys high jump lv 2 and dash lv 1 at least.... beserker one more time and every other ability that helps you in battle(ex. Combo plus ariel recovery..)especially slide dash and retaliating slash.

Stage 1 when sephiroth goes into his stance press triangle at the right time to dodge it and unleash a string of combos. if you have the ability to do two finishing moves combined with the keyblade from holloween town it will take off 1 whole bar off damage or a little under it. he then teleports away and starts walking towards you. when this happens there is two things you can do run away (not recommended) or run straight at him (crazy but it works) if you chose to run at him judge when he is about to strike and block then counter attack this works well on the ground whenever he wants to start hammerin on you. if you choose to run sephiroth will almost definatly knock you into the air. once this happens use ariel recovery with circle lock on to sephiroth who will just as you press circle teleport close to you. then lock on right after you press circle and hammer the x button if you fail at first try again the next time. when you succeed finish up your entire combo with a curaga if needed. repeat this step until step 2 and dont forget about the reaction command with multi hit move

Stage 2 Sephy isnt playin anymore and is trying to get rid of you using annoying dark balls hovering around you. right when sephiroths health is about half way off he will summon a bunch of hovering dark balls that will home in on to you. use reflega and swat them away lock on to him and use the same stategy used in stage 1 try to use mostly elixers here because reflega will be greatly needed if you dont want to get caught in sephys combos.

Stage 3
Sephy is now pissed and is usin all his oves to take you out if you have elixers dont use them unless you fail at stoping sephiroth at his dreaded SIN HARVEST. During this phase once you get at least 3/4 of his health down sephy will glow red and do all the moves in the previous stages plus three more. SIN HARVEST , METEOR SHOWER, and FIRAGA WALL. these moves are what defeat players the most because this is where i was beaten almost 17 times in a row!! first you use the strategy of stage 1 with blocking the ground and air combos if you happen to use curaga use berserk on sephy which is best on the ground. the main thing to worry about though is the three last moves. To beat sin harvest dont be afraid to rush him from afar. use dash and when you get to him use the high jump lv 2 and immediatly start slashin away. if you happen to fail use an elixer or another health item immediatly. after he uses it and press triangle. if not its game over. the meateor shower is easily dodged using dash on the ground. if you happen to get knocked into the air use air recovery and move out of the way try to move in a circular motion when you get to the walls. the last move is hard to predict and does massive damage dodge it if you can and run like a baby is all i have to say.

Last edited:

dylmurhaha

sticky this thread immediatley!!! there are so many Sephy threads- this would take care of em all! (assuming people use the sticky section lol)

dylmurhaha

sticky this thread immediatley!!! there are so many Sephy threads- this would take care of em all! (assuming people use the sticky section lol)

EDIT: sry for double post, my internet was being weird
EDITEDIT: Btw, how to you delete a post? When you hover over EDIT it says edit/delete.. but i cant figure out how to delete
EDITEDITEDIT: Oh yea, forgot to mention there are a few typos you should fix: "Strategie" is spelt Strategy and you forgot the space between strategy and 1, as well as the space between 'by' and 'dylmurhaha' and in the first title you spelt written whitten :p not trying to be naggy or anything, but just thought id mention it since your trying to get it stickied

Last edited:

Shadic the Hedgehog

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I have a little trick that helped me a ton: With Leaf Bracer equipped, cast Curaga just before "Descend Heartless Angel" (he says it so much clearer now) connects, and you might still lose all your MP, but you'll have full HP instead of just 1. When he uses it before your MP recovers, is when you use an elixer.

dylmurhaha

Rytackle22 said:
^^ yeah I hope so. Do you think there's anything I've missed
nah.. there cant be anything you missed since it is a compilation of everyone's strategies.. an intro would be nice tho.. like: After you get to this point in the game blah blah Sephy becomes available to fight blah blah and you find him at the dark depths which is beyond the crystal fissure save point and beyond the great maw blah blah.. approach him to start the battle..

thats about the only thing you can add :p

FiNaLsKyE

Wow, so… basically, I’ve been looking through a lot of these threads, and well, I guess you could say that all I have been seeing is redundancy. So, I have taken some time out to compile a FaQ guide for any thing bugging you guys. I will also edit to answer anyone’s questions about anything. Well… on with it.

Sephiroth Strategy:
One of the most annoying things people have been doing on these forums for the past few weeks have been reposting threads about “HOW DO I BEAT SEPHIROTH.” Well, I’m going to settle it right now.

How to Aquire: When you are making your way around the worlds for a second time, after the 1000 heartless battle, you will be able to come back to Hollow Bastion after a few worlds, and finish the tron world. Once the tron world has been completed, you will see that Hollow Bastion's name has changed. You then leave, and come back. You should now be able to find YRP, and get their keyblade. As well as YRP being there, Sephiroth's mission should be in the journal by now. Go to where you fought the 1000 heartless in the great maw, and continue past it. There, in the Dark Depths, Sephiroth will be waiting...

Pre-Battle: To start out with, your level can vary… it is recommended you be at level 60 or above… The keyblade you use is also not very important, but I would either suggest Rumbling Rose (Strength 5, Magic 0 – Ability: Finishing Plus), Oblivion (Strength 6, Magic 2 – Ability: Drive Boost) or anything else you find suitable. I used Ultima weapon personally.
The items that you will be needing are six elixers, and that's it. Magic that you will need to use is cureaga and reflectga, probably best if you put them on quick access or whatever. Now on to the abilities. The abilities you want equipped are: all action other than the auto’s. You really want to put trinity limit on for this fight. It will prove very effective in the latter part of it. As many growth as you have; you really need to have aerial dodge though, as well as glide… heck, have them all, they are all very important for your mobility in this one. For support, make sure you have combo plus, and air combo plus equipped, as well as both combo and air combo boost. Finishing Plus may prove useful. Berserk charge is one of the most important abilities here. Equip it! Leaf bracer, Magic lock-on… all standard of regular fights. Oh, second chance and once more, will save your life. Use them. That’s that.

Battle Part I: Right at the start of this fight, Sephiroth will attempt to use his 10-hit combo move on you, so be sure to right off the bat use the reaction command, block, to parry it. Once you are free to move from blocking, unleash a combo, and the move back. He will use his teleporting skills very often, so be sure to watch out. In order to counter his teleporting slashes, use the aerial dodge when he uses it on the ground to deflect the first one, then unleash a combo on him when he re-teleports back towards you in the air. If you are hit, just use aerial recovery to bounce back and hit him with a combo.

Part II: That is basically the first part of the fight. When you get him down to about minus 3 and a half bars, he will start to use his gravity- like orb attack. Solution to this is to use the reflect magic on them as soon as he casts them. They will be deflected, and most likely he will be open for an attack/combo move. After this, he will start using his more devastating attacks, like sin harvest, meteos, and his firewall thing. (lol). In order to counter sin harvest, all you need to do is just jump up towards him, and attack him while he is in the air. You will know when he uses this attack because he will start to mutter something like: (Descend Heartless Angel…). For the firewall, he will raise his arms in the air, and mutter some words. It will pull you into him, so just run away from him, and use the quick run ability if you get close. Now, Meteos… He will jump into the air, and everything will turn dark. He will call out something like, “I hope your ready for this.” I have no idea what he says, but in any case, you need to jump from side to side using aerial dodge… so basically double jump from left to right over the meteors… You will not get hit this way. If you do get caught, get ready to use cureaga.

Part III: Well, basically after these attacks, he will absorb some darkness, and turn all purple, indicating that he is moving faster now… Just make sure to dodge his attacks by jumping, and watch out for his 10-hit combo, used frequently throughout the battle. If the sky turns dark while he is on the ground… get ready to use reaction commands. Last but not least, when he is down to about 1 bar of health, you should unleash your trinity limit… it will just be sora, and it will be like a powered up ars-arcanum. Use it to the fullest extent, just keep mashing the attack button, and you should be able to take him out with trinity. Get ready to go get cloud, watch the showdown of fate 2, and obtain the fenrir Keyblade. Your halfway to having the ultimate dual-wielding.

Well, that’s basically it for the sephiroth guide… I hope this helped…

Last edited:

Zennus

Well.... One of the first things I did was went and claimed the Ulitma Keyblade. This makes life MUCH easier against Sephy.

Call me crazy, but I have defeated Sephiroth on Proud mode at LVL 61. I also DIDN'T use the Trinity Limit technique, because I feel that its more important to have enough Magic to heal you, rather than relying on Items. Its all about how much you LET him attack you.

Start of the Battle
Use the Block reaction command, this will make life much easier right from the start(I failed to get it right for the first few dozen times I faced him on Normal, and got my butt kicked time after time) right after the Block command goes through, lock on to Sephy and let him have it. Once he dissapears, try and pace some distance between yourself and Sephiroth. What this does is it makes him appear right next to you, and knock you into the air(now you know how all your enemies feel!) Timing in incrediably important when you are floating in the air, when you hear Sephy come back to the battlefield, quickly use the Square button, and Sora will instantly start to attack Sephiroth, then switch to useing X, and after the finishing blow ends, move away from him to make him dissapear again, thus repeating the sequence.

Middle of the Battle
Once Sephiroth says....whatever he says(I cant think of it off the top of my head) he will start to unleash the Black Orbs of Doom[BOoD] on you. The good thing is, however, that the BOoD can be easily destroyed by the Keyblade or a Reflect spell. Now Sephy will start to attack you more with his Super Duper Extended Range Katana. Remember, putting some space will GREATLY increase your chances of living through this fight, there is a required Action ability for this techique, and its Counterguard, which allows Sora when guarding to break through an opponents attack and turn the tables. When Sephiroth attacks you with his sword, use the Guard ability, and use the X button to break through the attack, and start damaging Sephiroth.
Another trick that Sephy has up his sleeve is where he will rise into the air and say, "Come sinless angel"(or something along those lines) if that seems really familular, it is. Sephiroth used the same technique in the first game, but he didnt rise up in the air, like the first game a simple attack will bring him out of the calling phase. However, if you dont reach him in time, all of your magic will dissapear, and your health will be reduced to 1.
Sephiroth will also call walls of fire to surround him, just like in the first one, the only difference is that Sora gets pulled towards them. The best way to avoid them, is to either use the Ariel Dodge and Glide to get away.

Final Moments of the Battle
You will know when Sephiroth will pull out all the stops when he starts glowing a purple color, and will fly around the arena(suprise, suprise he did this in the first one too!) however, Sephy calls lots of BOoD to try and destroy you, now he will use the combination of BOoD and the attack which requires the Block reaction command. The good thing is, when he summons the BOoD and uses the attack one right after the other, the orbs will attack Sora, but since he is in the Reaction state, they will not affect him! Dont get cocky with this. Sephiroth still likes to fly around the arena, taking swings at you and summoning BOoD on you.
Sephiroth is full of surpises, and will dissapear from the arena, and summon meteors to follow after you. This is a good time to charge your Magic bar if its empty, since Gliding will most of the time save you.
The final blow to Sephiroth requires a Finishing move, which is sometimes the hardest thing to pull off, since he can dissapear from your combo at will, the best scenairo for defeating Sephy is having him hit you into the air, where you can use the Finishing attack.

My equipment for defeating Sephiroth:

Keyblade: Ulitma Weapon
Armor:
Slot 1: Cosmic Chain
Slot 2: Ribbon
Slot 3: Cosmic Chain

Accessories:
Cosmic Arts
Star Charm
Fencer Earring

Items:
3 Elixir
2 Mega-Elixir

[Action]Abilities:
Guard(required to make Counterguard work)
Upper Slash
Horizontal Slash
Finishing Leap
Retaliating Slash
Slapshot
Dodge Slash
Slide Dash(Important for closing distance to Sephy)
Guard Break
Aerial Sweep
Aerial Spiral
Aerial Finish
Counterguard(absolutely necessary to killing Sephiroth)

[Growth]Abilities:
High Jump LVL2
Aerial Dodge LVL3
Glide LVL1

[Support]Abilities
Scan
Aerial Recovery
Combo Plus
Air Combo Plus
Air Combo Plus
Combo Boost
Air Combo Boost
Reaction Boost
Leaf Bracer(also absolutely necessary)
Item Boost
MP Rage
Defender
Once More(also really handy for living through the attacks)

What I had for my Magic shortcut menu:
Triangle: Reflega
X: Curaga

And thats that! Killing Sephiroth at LVL 61 on Proud mode is something else, but you get the satisfaction of telling all your friends and family that you killed one of the strongest villians in video game history! I know there are lots of Replies to this subject, but I thought I would throw in my two cents.

Happy Killing!:)

Rytackle22

Zombie Hunter
Awards
STICKY PLEASE! This thread needs to be out there to help the public.

Last edited:

Twilight Fighter

alright then here is my strategy. I beat him at lvl 82

Abilites
First equip High jump,Quick run, Aerial dodge and glide. You can get them by leveling up every drive form. Then put on as many ground and midair combo pluses as you can and put on a negetive combo. Put on leaf bracer, upper slash,Trinity limit if you want, guard if you want so you can use Counterguard,Horizontal Slash,Scan, Beserk charge and
Once More. Use any others which can help you.

Keyblade and items
Rumbling rose is a good keyblade to use. Put on as many elixers as you can. If you don't have enough put on some hi potions and ethers

shortcut screen
CUREGA IS A MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strategy
part 1
keep pressing triangle after the cutscene to block and attack him quickly.
just keep dodging and attacking him
part 2
now he starts using his fire wall and black balls.
use glide to dodge his wall and refectga to stop the balls.other than that he'll use the same attacks as last time.
part 3
now he's faster, stronger and uses his sin harvest and meteor.
to stop sin harvest, jump and use aerial dodge then glide then bash him!
to stop meteor jump and use glide.don't hit him when he uses meteor, its impossible.
do this and be careful and you shoud be fine

Last edited:

Akans

&#12300;moriya&#12301;
Additional moves for extra damage:
1) During Stage 1, when he unleashes a ground combo, block and then use reflect. This is tricky, hit square when you see him lift his sword, DONT do it too early or too late, or you'll end up with 1 (or 0, if you didn't equip Second Chance) HP. His ground combo is too long for you to block it all with one guard, so when you see him pause for a second, either guard again, or use reflect to block the rest of his ground combo. Reflect is suggested, as it does damage to sephy, and then you can unleash YOUR ground combo on him. You can also substitute the first guard with a reflect, but it doesn't do any more damage, and you just have less MP to use later on. On the up side, you'll have less chance of missing.

2) When he uses Sin Heartless Angel, and your too far away to get to him, get as close as possible, and use Trinity Limit. Make sure he's locked on, and that your not too far away (about halfway across the map is the limit). You'll instantly appear next to him and start bashing away. You can get three Trinity hits with Sora if you keep mashing Triangle, and he'll take tons of damage while you end up with only no MP.

TrueRoxas527

Just saying, I used guides VERY similar to these and beat Sephiroth at level 57 on Proud. It took me 25 times to succeed, though. Sorry, if I constantly say this to any Sephiroth threads, but I can't help with the bragging. (I don't have Final Mix so I can't try the No EXP Ability throughout the game, .....dang)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back