• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fatalism

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
"Fatalism is a philosophical doctrine emphasizing the subjugation of all events or actions to fate or inevitable predetermination.

Fatalism generally refers to several of the following ideas:

1. That free will does not exist, meaning therefore that history has progressed in the only manner possible.[1] This belief is very similar to predeterminism.
2. That actions are free, but nevertheless work toward an inevitable end.[2] This belief is very similar to compatibilist predestination.
3. That acceptance is appropriate, rather than resistance against inevitability. This belief is very similar to defeatism." (Taken from Wikipedia)

Fatalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fatalism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

Discuss this. I've been reading up on this the past little while, and it's been a very. . . interesting topic. Just wanted to hear other's opinions on the matter.

Penance

We're all going to die and there is nothing anyone can do about it?
/thread?

Am I doing it right?

Silfarion

Everything is bound to die except for God. However, we can change how meaningful our life was, depending on the choices and will we make. I doubt that this fatalism is valid, as it seems for me that it is full of holes.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Fatalism is true to this extent: you have one single destiny. You have multiple options, but ultimately you choose one destiny. What that destiny is, however, is unknown to every human being including yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back