• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite character up until now and why?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Keyblade07

Fun thread if anyone is interested and have nothing to do...

My Favorite character is Ventus
I love his story his theme his battle style everything about him. his like Sora+Roxas.

Edit: ofc i have other favorites too but still choose only one:)

Last edited:

Wallflower3582

Favorite character: Riku, because he has the best character arc and development. He started as a presumptuous young kid who was obsessed with reaching his goals, no matter the means. Ultimately that led to him falling to darkness, and he had to endure and overcome a lot of trauma because of that. He also carries guilt for the trouble he caused, so he becomes the silent guardian of his friends, putting their safety ahead of his own in an attempt to atone for what he did. Finally, when we reach 3, he's come to accept who he is and has found the strength he was searching for, but not by relying on the darkness. He's almost become the unspoken leader of the Guardians, and I totally love that. His story just sticks with me the most, so he's definitely my favorite.

Keyblade: Oathkeeper, I guess. Mostly because of what it represents. A lot of the keyblades are just obtained with no fanfare, but this one really has a backstory and a meaningful significance for Sora.

Fighting Style: Roxas, as of Remind. His moveset was just so much fun to play around with, it felt so dramatic : )

Foxycian

Awards
Sora is my favorite and his battle style is balanced and I love his keyblade, his battle stance wasn’t the best but it became my favorite.

Noivern

Awards
I have always loved Vanitas, ever since the first time I played Birth by Sleep. I like how he looks, I like how much of a little shit he is, his dynamic with Ventus and Aqua. And then I read the extra chapters from Birth by Sleep novel and it made me like him even more, the way he's vulnerable and got so much.. hurt, and how incomplete he feels. How he felt pain through the entire game, and held on to the purpose Xehanort gave him as it was all he had. How much he envied Ventus.

But nowadays I'd have to give the fave spot to Roxas. I relate to him a lot, which is a bit funny to me since it happened after I was a grown up instead of when I was an angsty teenager. I really like his design and how he just wanted to have his individuality and freedom, but was still willing to give up on both for his friends. How he was so lost all the time, always drifting by and doing what others told him to do, dealing with the expectations others placed on him until he went berserk.
But when he finally snaps and fights for his right to live and be himself, be becomes one of the strongest characters in the franchise. But what really made me warm up to him was the cutscene where Sora and him meet properly for the first time in 3D, when he says Sora had to be the one. How in the end he was just so, so very tired of fighting, and he just wanted to be happy.
His return in 3 was nice because he acted so mature just like in the post-fight in 2 and the scene from DDD, he was fighting for his friends but he was not the angsty kid full of anger anymore. He was finally his own person.

I also have a lot of love for Aqua, always had and always will. She reminds me so much of Yoshino from Digimon Savers/Data Squad, and the struggle and pain she went through the franchise is so touching too, as well as looking georgeous. And replaying the games made me love Riku as well for the reasons Wallflower already said, but also because SoRiku is a really nice pairing that I warmed up to in the months leading up to KH3 release.

Special mention to Ephemera who is amazing but I'd rather not comment on the X/UX characters until the plot is finished since who knows whats gonna happen until then.

Lately I've been growing very attached to Terra, too, but I don't think he's written well enough or given much exposure to be a favorite quite yet, but Re:Mind was a step in the right direction for him. Depending on the games we may get in the future, I think I can safely say he might become my favorite character.

As for favorite Keyblade, I love Oathkeeper for its beautiful design, Missing Ache is as beautiful as it's symbolic, but I have to give the prize to KH3's Ultima Keyblade. Simply because It looks absolutely georgeous and is probably the Keyblade I'd like to have the most after Oathkeeper.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
My favorite character is Roxas! It's so strange because for the first years of my playing KH2 from 2007-2008 I was indifferent to him, and his prologue in KH2 didn't help lol. But as more games came out and fleshed him out I really started to enjoy Roxas and his story, and now I view that prologue so differently. Before I knew it he was my favorite character and the one I always look most forward to seeing. His everyday routine life was the same in both the lives he lived in the Organization and the Data Twilight Town. Do some work then goof off with your friends and eat ice cream. Just seeing Roxas with his friends really humanize the character for me and I love every clock tower scene. I'm a sucker for friendship and tragedy stories so Roxas appealed to me. I loved watching him grow from a zombie, to a naive curious child with immature tantrums, to a more mature figure recently. He's also loyal to his friends. No matter what Roxas's friends are what drives him, to protect them and be with them and he's willing to put his own existence on the line for them. Be it Axel and Xion or Hayner, Pence, and Olette. It's the same kind of power that drives Sora but in a different light in a sense. I also really enjoy his relationship with Sora. It's unique and between all the games it's really evolved especially by DDD. It's always a treat following Roxas. He was the character I was most anxious to see in KH3 and I hope I get to see what he and his friends are up to in the future.

Other characters that have been on my favorite list would be Sora, Riku, Xion and surprisingly coming up on characters I've got my eyes on are Kairi and Terra. These two are starting to improve and Terra might be my fave of the Wayfinders right now. Shocking. Honerable mentions Aqua and Axel.

Fave fighting style is Roxas obviously I'm bias for my boy lol. Favorite key Kingdom Key and Ultimas!

OneDandelion

Awards
My favorites have been changing as a result of them having more or less interactions in the story. Overall, my favorite is Riku because of the way he had to pull himself out of the darkness to become who he is now, and he had a fantastic moment in KH3 when he inspires Sora just before they all die the first time. Unfortunately that was pretty much his only moment since Sora ended up rescuing Aqua and he didn't have much presence in the end of the story either.

My very close second is Xion because I think the concept of her character is very interesting. She's sort of like a Pinocchio-esque figure who had no reason to believe she would ever be human but despite that she sacrifices herself for the people she 'cared' for which is compelling to me because even humans struggle to find a reason for self sacrifice. Granted, I think she needed a bit more development in Days to get the most out of her tragedy; but at her best, in addition to her story, she also links together all of the more nuanced concepts of hearts/memories in the KH universe.

And after fragmentary passage Aqua became a close third, but they ruined the significance of her inner struggle in KH3 so she sort of dropped off the map again for me.

Last edited:

Nukara

Awards
Roxas, there are many reasons why I consider him one of the best characters. An interesting and non-standard character, a tragic story, two keyblade 😅(Oblivion my favorite), Axel goes inseparably after him, no matter how I love the RAX trio, the relationship of these two is at some other level for me. Axel is the one who put Roxas on his feet, put his soul into it. He is almost his brother. Roxas became what we know him because of his upbringing. Xion learned to be human from both of them.
In general, I want the topic of the family to be raised in future parts regarding them. However, I am also afraid that they may be beaten and not paid attention. ((
In the development plan, of course, Riku, there’s nothing to explain, a character whose development has been going on throughout all the games and I hope to continue.
But recently, they began to implant me with Saix and Sora.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
My favorite character is Braig/Xigbar. He’s always had a sense of mystery about him. You really never knew where his intentions lie but you figured he knew more than he let on. He’s just got the right bit of snark, charisma and badassary that make me totally invested in his character. He wields some cool looking guns and now has No Name. Love JPS's voice acting for Xiggy too!

The whole Luxu revelation is kind of a mixed bag with me though. On one hand it’s “oh man, I never expected this!” but then again it’s “Oh so the character I’ve loved all these years isn’t who I thought he was.” In a way, it’s a great opportunity to explore both Luxu and Braig as their own separate characters. However I don’t know how much time Nomura will actually invest in both of them. I think it would be interesting to see what kind of person the original Braig was and how this entire possession/body snatching situation has affected him. Does he have any friends or family that miss the real person? Is he even really from Radiant Garden or maybe another world? So many unanswered questions. As for Luxu, there’s a lot of potential to feel what kind of impact living all those lives has done to him. Right now, he might just be putting up a front for his master’s plans but who knows if he truly feels any kind of guilt over what he’s done. As the story progresses, will he still be loyal to MoM or will he decide to change his own fate? Come on, Nomura, I crave some lore for these guys!

Honorable mentions on my favs list: Sora, Riku, Kairi, Aqua, Elrena/Larxene, Lauriam/Marluxia, Luxord and Demyx

As the series progresses, I’ll probably be adding more to that list lol.

D

Deleted member 252753

It's a tough question but one character I am particularly fond of is Saïx and I think his stoic nature and his difficulty for expressing emotions is shown (though maybe we should have seen a little of his true feelings in KH3).

In KH2, Saïx comes across as cold, unfeeling, displaying only a calculated cruelty when talking to Sora and others, the most 'Nobody-like' of the Organisation (I love his line 'If I had a heart, this is where I would die of laughter', delivered without any humour whatsoever). Then we fight him and, after a cutscene where is again cold and calm, in battle he goes beserk, displaying a violent rage during gameplay that is not shown at all in his cutscene appearances. And once he is defeated, we see another part of him, his despair and longing as he reaches to Kingdom Hearts beging for his heart. I know later games make that work less well but I still think it's a really good death scene.

And I like how even when he is being good in KH3, he never lets on to Axel that he has been helping get Roxas back to atone. Even after his defeat, Saïx doesn't own up to his good deeds, but instead acts antagonistic to Axel so that his old friend can 'force' Saïx to admit his jealousy of Roxas and Coin.

Again the battle in KH3 betrays his inner feelings more; with Saïx covering his face, as though in shame, when exiting his beserker mode. I will be interested to see how his treated in the future now he's unambiguously with the good guys but I have really likes how the game has shown his inability to properly express his emotions.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It's Riku, but Isa's not too far behind. I guess I tend to like characters who overcome internal struggles. Plus, like Dast points out with Saix, there's a quality about both them, imo, that they have a hard time expressing their emotions properly.

Awards
I'd be beating a dead horse to explain why, but probably Riku. He's definitely the character in the series who's had the most well-defined arc and the best stories involving him. Although, I'm not really sure where he goes moving forward, because his arc feels pretty complete as of now.

Axel is probably my second favorite. Dry and witty, ironically cheery, cautiously manipulative, and incredibly observant. A great fighter with unique abilities, a cool design, and hides a heart of gold with a big brother dynamic for others. The Nobody who never truly was. The only thing I don't like about Axel was his sudden ability to sprout a keyblade. It took too much aware from both the identity of the keyblade, and Axel's skills with his chakrams. That said, I eagerly anticipate where he can go next, and hope he doesn't just sit on the backburner while other characters handle the story. A properly playable, chakram-enabled Axel would be a dream.

Namine was great in CoM and KH2. I just wish she stayed in those games. She was lonely, romanticized victim trying to reach out, not necessarily for help, but for a smile to be shared with another. She accepted her fate as she was forced to commit wrongdoings unto those she desired friendship with. I think there's something really poetic in viewing your own victims as your heroes, and then having them perform heroics in her name, even if she wasn't doing these things by choice. I loved her ending, merging back with Kairi and connecting to Roxas forever more through Sora. It was the perfect way for her arc to end. And then they just kept bringing her back, and I guess she apparently separated from Kairi at some point and then got stuck in some type of purgatory? I genuinely have no clue. I feel similarly with Roxas and Ansem the Wise -- both were great in KH2 and had satisfying conclusions to their arcs by the end of that game, but then kept being forced back into the series, seemingly without any real purpose for such. The added backstory for Ansem the Wise that we've gotten since KH2 also totally undermined his sacrifice in that game imo.

Albeit not big roles, I really dug Buzz and Woody in KH3. I thought their arcs were such natural extensions of who they were after Toy Story 1 & 2. I loved the role reversals they were portrayed with and thought Woody got a fantastic moment comeuppance with Young Xehanort during his attempted possession of Buzz. If nothing else, Nomura seems to have a fantastic understanding of the Toy Story characters and knows how to take them in exciting new directions without contradicting them. He actually did a better job with the cast than Toy Story 4 did.

Xigbar was a great secondary villain in KH2. Incredibly menacing, unique abilities, scary appearance, and possibly worst of all, he seemed to have some kind of affection for Sora. Like, he doesn't just want to be a bad guy to fulfill a personal agenda, or take orders, he seems to truly enjoy screwing with Sora and having power and knowledge that Sora doesn't. He's one of the best kind of villains. Even with somewhat limited screentime in BBS, he was an intimidating and formidable foe, and what little backstory was there continued to provide a level of intrigue. DDD further cemented all of the above while still showing that there was more mystery to him yet. I think KH3 kinda ruined him, though -- far too docile in his actions this time around, and almost obnoxiously transparent in his own agenda. I have mixed feelings about the reveal that he's actually Luxu. I'm trying to reserve judgement, but I'm afraid that the next phase of his arc as Luxu will undermine his previous nefariousness, and his sudden lust for Xehanort's keyblade is yawn, regardless of its powers.

I think Saix, Marluxia, and Larxene all have the potential to become favorites of mine, but they all desperately need more screentime and massive character developments if they're ever to rise to that title.

While the numerous battles with Rikuplica in CoM were a massive chore, his arc was pretty well devised and strongly foreshadowed Riku's path to redemption.

Aqua's cool, but I worry that I may only likely her as well as I do because I'm measuring her against Terra and Ventus in BBS, both of whom I loathed. I did thoroughly enjoy her struggles in Fragmentary Passage. My thoughts on her may change, depending on what the future holds for TAV.

I liked both Mickey and Pete a lot until BBS massively neutered the two of them. Mickey was at least redeemed with his last stand bit in ReMind, but Pete has been entirely unnecessary in Coded and KH3.

The hard thing about having favorite characters in Kingdom Hearts is how paper thin almost every character is... Virtually every character starts in their first appearance as either a hero/anti-hero with two or three assigned tropey traits, and doesn't really evolve any depth until a later title, or a villain with mostly no personality and an ill-defined goal that only gets more convoluted as the series continues. At least everyone seems to develop a personality by their second appearance. I wonder if Nomura is merely assigning a three-dimensional personality to characters after the fact after seeing the fan canon responses to characters. That'd certainly explain why continued developments of certain characters often seem contradictory of what we'd previously been left to infer about them.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
Aqua!
And believe it or not, my user name has ZERO to do with her (been using it since 2000)
Aqua is an awesome character and I loved seeing her interactions with the Disney characters. She disappointed me in 3, but then, she has been through a lot.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Veevee

Awards
Aqua. The first thing that hit home was that finally, finally, a female character that is not just a mage, but a mage that is also skilled in combat. She is a good fighter, swift and strong, fought on par / beat a lot of powerful enemies. Her design is sturdy but elegant, I always liked how she moves.
Character-wise I love that she is so blunt. A lot of people consider her flawless and flat, which I don't get - unbeknownst to herself, she is blinded by Eraqus "Darkness is bad" teachings; she is honest but very blunt and words things the wrong way; she has difficulties displaying emotions and gets awkward quickly. I have a knack for characters who mean well, but express themselves in the wrong way. Her stubbornness is also a plus; she is strong-willed, but also has weak moments, struggles and longs for harmony.

Otherwise: Riku. Had the best character arc, I love how they went the middle road with him, having him accept both light and darkness as part of himself. It inspired me in a time when I tried too hard to be good, without realizing that you can't be all good and seeing how Riku didn't deny his dark parts, but embraced and controlled them made it easier to deal with my own stuff.

Isa / Saix: Jealousy is a motive I could really relate to because it's so simple. No existence or darkness struggle, but feelings of jealousy, loneliness, being left behind. Also, he is displayed to be stoic and sarcastic while also being a good friend - he and his friendship with Lea felt much more real to me than RAX.

Larxene: She is fast, skilled, witty, savage and obnoxious - I love her. She's great.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
  1. Riku: Cause he goes from Point A to Point B in a compelling way.
  2. Roxas: The way he behaves and reacts to things is very real and relatable, unlike our Shounen MC.
  3. Xion: Cause she's the first female MC that gets respectable treatment. She is vulnerable and tough.

Awards
Sora has been on the lead most of my life, due to his selflessness, strong humor, child-like authenticity & (most important) loyalty to what he is. But Riku's well-built character arc has allowed him to catch up. Tartatus, Veevee, Absent and ESPECIALLY Wallflower3582 already put it together real nicely. I just want to add that in my eyes, Riku's character is a proof of how introverted person can care about others and value people around him.

+Lea & Aqua are not far behind. And I like the potential Kairi's character has right now.

Last edited:

Keyblade07

I see many favorites are riku, that’s nice the guy deserves some attention after what he went through.

Awards
I see many favorites are riku, that’s nice the guy deserves some attention after what he went through.

Definitely. His struggle of finding the light at the end of a really long tunnel. He's the kind of character who I think is easy to feel as an actual, living person.

Grey Skies

Awards
My favorite character is Xion. I don't think she's flawless, kind, or even respectful. I kind of hate her.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The end of 358/2 Days was my favorite moment in the series from a storytelling perspective.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
The stunt she pulled at the end of 358/2 Days was just unforgivable in my eyes. I love that a sweet and unassuming character grew into a villain and did something so monstrous. I believe this character development was shown well, so that's why Xion is my favorite character in KH so far.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't even know where to begin with Roxas.

I feel he's the reason why I stuck with this series for so long despite the declining quality, so he's extremely omnipotent in that regard. And consistent.

His status as being absurdly popular with the fanbase is understandable to me. His initial introduction consisted of being a dual wielding badass in a black coat within a great Secret Ending with Deep Dive at the end of KH1, has the most impacting, emotional character theme in the series, and is overall the cooler Sora. He had all the right set ups. BHK was once a thing, those were the good old days. The KH fandom was at its peak. It's not as active anymore.

What I technically like about him though is the fact that he isn't the typical paragon of virtue like majority of the cast is. And even now when there are more characters, he still stands out within that context. I always found his sense of wrath entertaining and fascinating. He has such range of negative emotions along with positive ones that it compels me to love the shit out of him. He's selfish, he's a smart aleck, wears his emotions on his sleeves, has a short temper, and fights incredibly hard for his right to exist as an individual. Or at least to be respected as his own individual. His plight for truth and for others to be honest with him is such a simple request that everyone aside from Naminé somehow failed to do. And it's not that he isn't a good person, he is. At his best and happiest, he's a mellow, laid back, introspective guy who's normal and cracks jokes with his friends. He acts out only when he feels trapped because he, one, doesn't like to be controlled, two, doesn't like people telling what he should be, three, doesn't appreciate assholes, four, doesn't like others making decisions for him, whether through coddling or otherwise, and five, doesn't like his friends being mistreated or threatened, let alone anyone he cares about. Some fans think this only applies to Axel and Xion, but he has shown this with Sora in KHIII if you can catch his expression when Xemnas (either him or Saïx) knock Sora off and you can see it when Diz manhandles Naminé in KHII as he charges forward to stop him, being pissed on her behalf.

The universe has consistently dealt him a bad hand with two sets of friends, with multiple losses wherein he suffered immense pain, and he has to come to terms with the fact that he has to renounce his entire existence to a person he doesn't know. His reaction is realistic: he's not happy, he doesn't want to leave it all behind despite having nothing anymore, and he isn't willing to sacrifice himself easily. The experiences he has gone through naturally created his inherent traits of anger and aggression, and I don't want to label him as bratty considering he has solid reasons as to why he's like this. When he understood the situation, it proved that all he needed was somebody to listen to him and let him know what was going on so he can finally decide his course of action and ultimately did the right thing. Of course, it's not something he wants, so it's difficult to assimilate quietly. He fought Sora mercilessly right after witnessing Axel's "death" and only then did he 100% concede. He accepts his inevitable fate along with Naminé because they are in this together at least, despite that both aren't fully okay with it. It took quite some time to quell Roxas really. He's still the most present out of the ones in Sora's heart hotel as he's not entirely dormant, considering Sora has felt his emotions since KHII and it continues to KHIII. Roxas isn't as good of a person as Sora is, Roxas knows this, he's aware of this. It's brought up in DDD. Sora cares so much about others, including people he just met to the point of nonsensical selflessness, that Roxas comprehends why it has to be him that needs to save everyone. While I don't agree with that, it's still good to see how Roxas developed in coming to terms with his reality. He initially disliked Sora and gradually grew to recognize who Sora is and why things had to be the way they were, even if he had to be rather volatile about it. He's not perfect.

He's flawed to the bone, I love his journey, I love his concept. He's one of the best characters of the series, point blank. He's extremely dynamic.

Larxene is another buttercup of mine for similar reasons despite that there's incredibly less depth to her. It's that same fascination of characters being full of faults and providing me with an entertaining personality. I've commented on how the female cast of the series are basic and are peas coming from the exact pod because they are. Doesn't matter what recolored hair they have, if you attempt to pinpoint what difference there is in their personalities, you find that there's barely anything of substance to argue with. Larxene is a breath of fresh air. So much so that she was an instant favorite. She's vile, she's mean, she's sadistic, has no qualms or problems being vindictive or hurting others. She's meant to be evil but she's also a hoot. She's immature and how she reacts and thinks of the other members of the Organization is near crazy to me. She's a hilarious, overdramatic bitch and I love her for it. It helps that there's more to her than that. When she died in CoM, she sounded rather vulnerable, fearful, which was surprising what with her entire attitude throughout the whole game. The novel chapter where she talks to Marluxia and mentions how she's better off without a heart because it's painful added to what I noted about her that time. And to confirm in canon that this might actually be the case has me interested and curious.

Now with KHUx [and KHIII], to witness how she was before being Larxene as Elrena, makes me contemplate as to what got her to the point of exhibiting so much hate for everything. The Chirithy made a comment on how she keeps to herself and doesn't get involved with caring about others, but she's still polite and sweet. More so when we compare and contrast what we see of her as Larxene. Color me more intrigued. If only her motivation for joining the Organization was...handled better. It was such a disappointment to see that this strong woman went with it cause of a man. I don't care if it's to hark back to KHUx, do better and write better for female characters without rendering them to being tools for male characters. I tire of Nomura's sexist bull. Larxene has so much potential right now and it's a shame that it's at the hands of who, well, you know.

I would add special mention to Naminé in this list. Again, I'm not fond of the female characters, I feel they blend in. For a long time, I simply adored Larxene. I reevaluated on that a bit.

Naminé is the most different simply because she's not presented like the rest. She's not spunky, not as energetic, she's basically a calm, quiet, unassuming, reserved young girl who draws. But it's understandable based on the environment she grew up in. Out of the characters, she's the most tragic and saddest of them all. I have no doubt about that. It's subtle, it's not in your face, no tragic theme song here, but she's led a very lonely existence basically her entire damned year of life, only wishing to belong, to have friends, to be in someone's heart. She clearly wanted to matter, to be noticed, to get attention. The memories she planted weren't just to fulfill her job, they were her wishes. It's the reason why the events of Castle Oblivion happen. Her isolation causes her to want the happiness she sees in Sora's memories. She beckons him there out of her feelings of loneliness and it's that one mistake that legit influences majority of the series' installments from there on out. Not only is she friendless, she was coerced to manipulate the memories of Sora because the members she was with wanted to take advantage of this aforementioned mistake and use this to overthrow the Organization they belonged to. She was forced to brainwash Riku Replica. She was verbally and physically abused - bitch slapped by Larxene, told by Diz how she isn't supposed to exist, got called a witch by him, conditioned to believe she had to return to Kairi, used as a meat shield (which Axel was about to not mind cutting over to get to Marluxia), spent her time stuck within four white walls barely seeing the light outside. On top of that, she has to carry the weight of guilt because of what occurred as it affected two other characters, which is why Coded even exists. She was a victim, a child victim really, and yet she still feels responsible for the damage, so she tries really hard to make up for it. What happened, happened, and she was stuck between a rock and a hard place. She promised Sora [and Riku] that she would fix his memories, but she also doesn't like what has to be done for it and does her best to help while remaining neutral. In fact, what she did in KHII for Roxas actually risked Sora's recovery. But, once more, it's tough being in that position. There's no winning here no matter the choice.

She's kind, but she's not perfect either, there's bouts of selfishness in there. She wanted Sora to care for her and choose her. The fact that she said that bitter line in CoM when he decided that he wanted his old memories back instead of the ones created in Castle Oblivion was such a realistic remark to make rather than what one would expect (i.e. "it's okay"). She's sad, and still finds it in herself to do what she knows is right and respects what Sora wants for himself, putting his needs above her own. We begin the game with her being this fragile, silent doormat. We are shown that she does have a bit of fire in her those two times where she's glared at Larxene or Marluxia, but overall she's submissive. It isn't until Axel allows a leeway for her to escape that she's able to put a stop to all of it without the fear of being thrown across the room. She's weaponless in this situation, with no way to defend herself. She proceeds, despite the dangers, to find Sora and tell him the truth. The fact that he forgave her even with what she's done impacted her enough where that little fire that was previously seen, bloomed. Without a Keyblade, without a weapon, the spine finally straightened and she stood up for herself for the first time. She refused to continue hurting people, to continue hurting Sora. Against Larxene of all people. And got slapped. Later on, she also stood up to Marluxia, so that didn't stop her.

WONT.png

Yes, she still suffers from low self esteem, she feels that no one still cares for her, based on what she said in the Final World in KHIII. I don't blame her either in a meta sense because of all of the black hole trios and how she's left out of everything due to it (along with not being able to fight). But she did a glow up. This newfound confidence and strength of will that she achieved in CoM expanded further in KHII. The manner and way in which she approached Roxas in the prologue was so assertive and unruffled, so in charge, that it was hard to believe this was the same girl that kept her head down in perpetual sadness on a chair. She disobeyed Diz, hacked into the computer to help Roxas and let him know the truth so he won't go into Sora blind and ignorant, fought Diz off despite the manhandling, busted Kairi out of jail, raised up fists along with her original against Saïx (I know but it's the audacity that counts, okay), opened a corridor of darkness to help Sora, Riku, and Kairi get home, and while Sora and Riku couldn't get to it, Kairi did. During some period, she put in data in Jiminy's journal to inform Data Sora of those who he needs to save which got to Mickey. And the lack of closure to her connections and sidelining wasn't the best, but she single handedly summoned Lingering Will to the graveyard to literally save everyone's asses from dying a second time. While in the KH equivalent of limbo/heaven as a disembodied star. In other words, she accomplished shit even while dead.

In general, she's come a long way. She isn't self contained in one game after all, her journey continues from CoM, to KHII, to Coded, and to KHIII in some respects. I do wonder where her insecurities stand now as we didn't really get a resolution to that, what with the mediocre writing in III. Nonetheless, she's the best developed female character. We see her personality go from point A to point B. As in, she changes. I haven't seen that sort of visible growth in any other girl other than Aqua.

While Larxene is forever best girl, like Riku, I simply respect Naminé's progress and development.

My favorite character is Xion. I don't think she's flawless, kind, or even respectful. I kind of hate her.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The end of 358/2 Days was my favorite moment in the series from a storytelling perspective.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
The stunt she pulled at the end of 358/2 Days was just unforgivable in my eyes. I love that a sweet and unassuming character grew into a villain and did something so monstrous. I believe this character development was shown well, so that's why Xion is my favorite character in KH so far.

This is new.

Utterly off and completely missed the mark but also new.

Last edited:
Back