• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Dearly Beloved

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite Dearly Beloved

• Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Kingdom Hearts 2

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

• Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance

• Kingdom Hearts X

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

12kez90

Just a poll of your favorite Dearly Beloved.
EDIT: For those that haven't heard KHX or knew it had one here it is:
[video=youtube;K4MZO5XXuaE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4MZO5XXuaE[/video]
X is my favorite because it's the most unique as the others have a somber feeling, this one starts off on that but kicks into a happy tone.

Last edited:

BEASTENDER

When the violin kicks in in II's version paired with the ocean sounds....It was just magical the first time I heard it.

Though to be honest, Kyle Landry (video game pianist) has the best renditions overall in my opinion. He has transformed Yoko Shimomura's song time and time again.

Viva la Vivi

There's something about Chain of Memories' Dearly Beloved that always gets me. It's just so unique I think. Of course, I love all renditions, but this has to be the one that stands out the most to me.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The top 3 are pretty close for me, but:

1. 3D ~ Definitely my favorite. So beautiful. Around 1:40 is my favorite part.
2. Coded ~ I like how it has the clock/gear sound added.
3. BbS ~ Love the violin (I’m pretty sure it’s a violin, maybe?), and the piano buildup is gorgeous.
4. KH2
5. CoM ~ Some of the sounds here remind me vaguely of church bells.
6. Days
7. KH

I had no idea Chi had its own "Dearly Beloved." Off to listen to it now.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I love all the version of Dearly Beloved. This iconic title screen music is really close to my heart, and also my favorite KH track of all time. All thou I love all of the versions created from it, KH1 Dearly Beloved has the biggest effect on me. Juts to listen that simple piano, it is so calming. Also when this is combined with the waves that you can hear in the title screen menu, it becomes even more beautiful. To finish, it has Sora standing on Destiny Islands shore, a stick on his hand and fish bone in his mouth, gazing in the distance. Just waiting for an amazing adventure.
So yeah KH1 for me.

Viva la Vivi

Looking at it now, I suppose I should've voted differently. COM's may be unique to me, but 3D's always reels me back in. The one thing I always loved about Kingdom Hearts is that even the handhelds get such absolutely wonderful music. <3

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
3D's because it sounds way different from all the rest. I love Dearly Beloved but I was getting a little tired of the melancholic tone being repeated in all entries. 3D's Dearly Beloved sounds happy and hopeful despite what's transpired in the series.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Birth by Sleep definitely has the best version of Dearly Beloved, I think. Dream Drop Distance's version is pretty great too, but the way it's used in the Secret Ending for BbS is nothing short of magic. Still the best moment in the whole series so far, I think.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Birth by Sleep is my favorite because of how emotional it is. I wrote an essay about it when I first applied to join staff on here, in fact. xD

cactus

I love the Birth By Sleep version for its use in the Secret Ending, as mentioned.

But the waves in the KH2 version... just perf. G'bless Shimomura.

(first post yay)

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Birth by Sleep is my favorite because of how emotional it is. I wrote an essay about it when I first applied to join staff on here, in fact. xD

Do staff applications still happen on here? I have a huge essay written up about why people should agree with me, and what I would do to users of differing opinions..

Master_Aqua

When the violin kicks in in II's version paired with the ocean sounds....It was just magical the first time I heard it.

Though to be honest, Kyle Landry (video game pianist) has the best renditions overall in my opinion. He has transformed Yoko Shimomura's song time and time again.

I loved KHII'S version as well, amazing however that would be my second favorite because BBS version would take number one for me.

Yeah Kyle Landry's renditions are beautiful as well and his 'Passion" version on piano was breath taking :D. Though the Yoko Shimomura's song(s) will always be at the top for me. ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back