• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Movie Reviewer?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
We all have one. Either on Youtube, or some site out there, we all have one or two that we go to for reviews of movies. If not as a way to determine if it's good or not, then probably just to see if their opinion of a certain movie is along the lines of yours.

For me, I adore the fuck out of JeremyJahns on youtube. Ever since I watched a video of him a movie(I forget which one) around 2011, I've just gone to him ever since on a weekly basis. Plus, he's a nerd like me, so how can I not help but love his vids.

How bout you guys? You got any you follow consistently?

Peace

Awards
I like Bum Reviews with Chester A. Bum.

EDIT: Oh and MovieBob

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
My favorite movie reviewers were the Spill Crew from Spill.com. They knew how to give a great review of a film and be hysterical at the same time. It's a shame the website got shutdown though.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
maybe a little from left field, but the SourceFedNerd channel does movie reviews every week, and I enjoy their "Movie Thing Show" a lot

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Confused Matthew. His rants are fantastic. And in general he seems to understand the important aspects of storytelling, particularly in film.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I like a mixture of Nostalgia Critic and Confused Matthew but tend to go towards NC's opinions. I disagree sometimes more with CM but see where he's still coming from on a lot of his issues.

Nostalgia Critic is trickier to talk about because he'll still have reviews that are somewhat annoying, but still have good points, and I admire his passion. Meeting him about three times in person, he's very relaxed, and easy to discuss things with [i told him about homestuck, which is a difficult thing to do.]. But yeah, I prefer his reviews more, still.

I also really like RLM's Star Wars Plinkett reviews, though I still had points where I disagreed on some points but not many. That and they're just really funny.

Alpha Sonix

JeremyJahns also, he's pretty much my go to for movie reviews in the first place and he's definitely relatable because I feel like a lot of my own views of movies are often similar to his.

Occasionally I watch the odd Spoony Vlog just to hear him rage for two hours. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was hilarious.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Roger Ebert's reviews—for good movies and bad—are still enjoyable today.

As far as online personalities go, Doug Walker is pretty likeable. His Nostalgia Critic persona can go a little far at times, but his candid, non-character reviews are very insightful and down-to-earth. Doug's Review of Real Steel - YouTube

I'd be really pleased if he did more reviews like that, though I'll still watch NC videos from time to time.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Mainly the Nostalgia Critic and Spoony (though with Spoony, it's usually half video games and half movies.)

axel95

Awards
Nostalgia Critic/Chester A. Bum/Doug Walker is my go to guy for movie reviews. I also usually look at IGN's score, even though I rarely agree with it. I occasionally watch Spoony. Siskel and Ebert will always be entertaining, no matter what. They set a high bar for reviewers for the rest of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back