• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite Story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Favorite Story

• Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Chain of Memories

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • 358/2 Days

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

In the KHI 1.5 HD mix bundle, which game has your favorite story?

For me, it is very, very close between KHI and CoM.

KHI is simple yet almost elegant at times. It's a coming-of-age tale of a boy chosen by destiny to save the worlds from being forever consumed by darkness. He also needs to reunite with his friends while making strong, new relationships along the way. In the conflict between light and dark, Sora ascertains that no matter how strongly the darkness overtakes one's life, light will never be snuffed out for good.

CoM is all about memories and their vast importance in shaping who we become. Lured by the promise of reuniting with the friends whom they seek, the heroes set foot in the dangerous Castle Oblivion. An insidious plot unknown to the heroes, mysterious antagonists plan to wipe out their memories so as to use them as pawns, claiming the power of the Keyblade for them. Before all is too late, the deception is unraveled and Sora &company triumph.

Days is about the time Roxas spent in the enveloping shadow of Organization XIII. Deeper than that though, it's about the strong friendship between Axel, Roxas, and Xion, a relationship so powerful that it transcends their Nobody limitations to thrive. It is tragically cut down by a series of tumultuous events. I won't go further b/c I haven't gotten around to beating this game; hopefully, I didn't do it a disservice.

Meanwhile, on a parallel journey in CoM, Riku is forced to confront his darkness. Initially afraid, he learns that all people have darkness; what matters is how it is used. Harnessing his darkness for the cause of good, Riku smites the haunting remnant of Ansem SoD. Given the choice to lock him away permanently, Riku forgoes the option, choosing to walk his path, his way.

In the end, I gotta give the win to KHI due to a combination of nostalgia and the most epic usage of the Keyblade IMO, saving entire worlds.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I believe Chain of Memories is my favorite story, followed by KH, and then 358/2 Days. I like all three stories actually.

But the order I actually like the games, overall, is KH > CoM >>>> Days. I was kind of glad they turned Days into a movie so I could just enjoy the story.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Both KH1 and COM had great stories but I'm gonna vote for COM. The great character development, excellent villains, and well paced story makes COM get my vote. And even though the Disney worlds were pure filler, it was still fun to see the altered versions of their stories from KH1.

I don't think Days story was bad, but it just ok to me. Nothing great, nothing terrible.

In terms of the stories for the whole series I would go
BBS>COM>KH1>KH2>3D>Days>Coded

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Between the three, I'd have to go with I's due to it being easier to follow and simpler in comparison to the other two. Games with a Kudzu plot can be good (I love this series for a reason, after all), but I feel that they could have handled it better in Chain of Memories and 358/2 Days.
Of course, if I were to mention the best one overall, I'd have to say Birth by Sleep due to being a thoughtful, dark story done in the right way.

DarkAegyptiacus

I instantly fell in love with the entire KH franchise after 5 seconds of KH1's intro - immediately I was drawn in and the entirety of the story was just really well done overall. For the first game of the series, the use of Disney Worlds was great in that the majority of them impacted the story in some way.

COM was interesting. I wasn't sure about Sora's story at first, but it started getting really good about half-way through. I felt that it was negatively affected by the filler Disney worlds. The fact that they were meant to be his memories is what made them tolerable, but I always just wanted to hurry up and finish it so I could get on with the story. Riku's story I felt was especially interesting and definitely bunked up my opinion on the game's story.

Days was amazing. The chemistry between the main characters was just incredible - every time they were up on the clock tower I couldn't help but smile. The moment that music started. I felt almost like I was a part of that group.
The mystery surrounding the main characters was also quite gripping and I was often on the edge of my seat, particularly when Xion was on screen. What was most powerful of all though was its ending; no game, book, show or film has ever affected me as much as this had. Now I cannot listen to Sanctuary, Day's version of Dearly Beloved or certain character's theme without getting a lump in my throat.
My only issue with days was that the 'freeze-frame' moments kind of ruined the pacing a bit; I would've liked to see newly-made cutscenes within the Disney worlds that were applicable to the main plot as well as battle sequences (instead of a sudden close up of the villain's face before fading to the next scene) - essentially I wish it was more of an actual 'movie' rather than a collab of cutscenes.

All the stories were brilliant, but I must say that within 1.5 that KH1 was the best, with Days being a very close 2nd. KH1 benefited from an already amazing story, but the gameplay itself aided it too - I feel that the lack of game play may have taken things away from Days, whilst I would've been satisfied more with COM being a 'movie'.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
The most engaging story for me will always be KH1. It wins because it was the most simple out of all the entries, and focused a little more on character development than any other entry in the series.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I like KH1 the best in the entire series actually. While I love all of them (even Coded, but mostly for gameplay there), KH1 has always had that something special that has never been done again.

knl06

Agreed. Kh will always be my favorite. Days got my attention more because it going into more detail on the organization. CoM serves it's purpose but I'm not a fan of namine so I'll just stop there lol

sonickenshin

Awards
Of the three, probably Chain of Memories. It had a nicely woven plot that came together pretty well and it actually did a good job in developing its characters. KH1 comes close behind, being the closest one in the series to feel like a Disney movie.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Chain of Memories, definitely. It continues to be the most well-paced KH game of the entire franchise, with story progression happening on a very regular basis (rather than the standard MO of a slow build-up to the endgame where all the plot happens). It's also got some of the best dialogue of the series, and overall just really worked. It also gave us a perspective on Riku that we couldn't have before, which I really appreciate.

KH1's story is pretty barebones, but that's sort of expected I suppose. It's nice for what it is, but it's very much a "first game" kind of narrative.

Days is just bad.

Master Ultima

Awards
KH Com had a good story but KH1's story was the best. It's what started the entire series and some untold events from the first game never appeared were mentioned about in dream drop distance so if you go back and play KH1 then you will completely get the story even more.

BlueKey777

Banned
KH is the best story IMO just because of the fact that this is how the entire series came to be so for that reason alone makes KH very important

MyNameisAnsem

Birth by Sleep as a whole, but if I had to be specific, Terra's story. It dealt with his inner darkness, and sure, it didn't end well for him, but future plot explanation happened there too.

kh13

I honestly like Days and Memories because Axel is my favorite KH character.
Got it Memorized!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back