• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Favorite things about these forums? (+Intro)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zyzix

Awards
What are your favorite things to do around here? And what do you think these forums are good for compared to other places online?

The last time I was in any sort of forum was probably my days on DA. Back then though, I was too young or intimidated to get a feel for using them even on there. Social media is waaaaay different now, and so what i eventually did get used to seems a lot different than this. But nowadays i realize... I can just ask! So what's it like around here?

As for me, I go by Zyzix most places (though it is occasionally taken.) While i like kingdom hearts (and i REALLY like twewy) what I actually joined here for recently is the large music archive. I'm the kind of person who has too many projects.

D

Deleted member 246005

Just sharing my thoughts and connecting with other people.

Forums are largely good but fans of any franchise can be pretty dominating so it takes some self control. I'm still learning that myself.

I go on a discord but forums are more easy to keep up with.

I'm on a Devil may cry forum and a Comic Book one (CBR).

Last edited by a moderator:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Forums are better for detailed thoughts. Most places online these days lack all nuance--you're either all one thing or all another. Of course, I feel like even forums have started devolving on that score, but they're still better than places like reddit, Twitter, what have you.

2 quid is good

Awards
What about compared to other forums?
I think the only direct comparison for KHinsider *these days* is KH13. And as someone who frequented that forum since its relatively early days, KHI is far and away better.

Better, more open moderation and communication on these forums just makes for a vastly more pleasant experience, and the lack of drama in general comes from the top. The fact that discussions flow very well and are very rarely stemmed let's users feel better when they can come to a natural conclusion, or even just agree to disagree.

In general, as a user I certainly feel way more valued here than other KH forums, although the only other ones I ever spent any significant time on was KH ultimania. Its probably a combination of lots of things, like a more mature userbase and staff team, but I think the biggest thing by far - which is definitely my favourite aspect of the forum - is the absence of abuse of power. Having been at the mercy of cliques and power trippy mods before, it can really do a number on a person.

I really appreciate the users and staff team here for making this a very pleasant experience in general, even when I'm being highly disagreeable!

Elysium

Awards
I didn't think there were many members over at KH13? It looked sort of like a graveyard to me when I checked out the place for the first time some months ago. I've been to worse forums; I've been to better forums. Destiny World (I think that's what it was called) was the best of the KH forums I've been to over the years. The Ansem Report was one of the worst ones.

2 quid is good

Awards
I didn't think there were many members over at KH13? It looked sort of like a graveyard to me when I checked out the place for the first time some months ago. I've been to worse forums; I've been to better forums. Destiny World (I think that's what it was called) was the best of the KH forums I've been to over the years. The Ansem Report was one of the worst ones.
Ironically enough, it was incredibly busy there until just after KH3s release. It probably would have stayed incredibly busy if the admin team didn't decide to hire and fire new staff members every few months, and constantly harass users. I hear the discord server is their main activity hub now. I wouldn't know, haven't looked at the place in almost 2 years

I think for quite a few years it was the busiest kh forum, never necessarily the best

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I love how intolerant we can be to bullshit, racism, and homophobia lol

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
What are your favorite things to do around here? And what do you think these forums are good for compared to other places online?

I'm predominantly in the most obscure sections like creative writing, roleplaying, and fanfiction sections. Occasionally other parts of the Community Lounge. More recently i've been participating in the more prominent kingdom hearts sections, nothing too crazy.

KHInsider is just historically a place where people like me who've kinda grown up here from right before kingdom hearts II released and before social media exploded with other copy cats. Forums as a whole were really just grounds to talk to other fans about the game if the forum was based around the game. This community is open, the moderation, site staff, and admins here have all historically been pretty well-rounded, fair, and invested in the site as well.

Elysium

Awards
Ironically enough, it was incredibly busy there until just after KH3s release.
Oh, wow, I'd never have guessed that place was busy at one time. I always thought with KH, there was usually only one fansite (for the most part) at a time. And then they'd die off in the wait between games only for a new one to arise when the next release finally rolled around, lol. Destiny World -> The Ansem Report -> KHUltimania -> KHInsider. Since I'd never heard of KH13 until recently, I almost thought it might be the next one coming or something, lol.

I think KHI did exist while KHU was still around though, I'm not sure. At least I think I went onto some forum--maybe it wasn't KHI at all--the forum was formatted so differently than this one has ever been? I remember everyone was so hateful in the arts / banners section that I was glad KHU existed and never visited the place again. When KHU finally died *wompwomp*, this place didn't seem the same way as that place was. So I almost think there must've been another forum that I'm thinking of from around that time rather than KHI and I confused it for this place over time?

2 quid is good

Awards
Oh, wow, I'd never have guessed that place was busy at one time. I always thought with KH, there was usually only one fansite (for the most part) at a time. And then they'd die off in the wait between games only for a new one to arise when the next release finally rolled around, lol. Destiny World -> The Ansem Report -> KHUltimania -> KHInsider. Since I'd never heard of KH13 until recently, I almost thought it might be the next one coming or something, lol.

I think KHI did exist while KHU was still around though, I'm not sure. At least I think I went onto some forum--maybe it wasn't KHI at all--the forum was formatted so differently than this one has ever been? I remember everyone was so hateful in the arts / banners section that I was glad KHU existed and never visited the place again. When KHU finally died *wompwomp*, this place didn't seem the same way as that place was. So I almost think there must've been another forum that I'm thinking of from around that time rather than KHI and I confused it for this place over time?
Not that I myself was on many of them, but there was plenty of KH forums around that time and none of them were particularly dead. Maybe it was KH vids? I always got that vibe from the forums myself.

I think, but I'm not sure, that KH13 had more active members than this site at a point. Either way, it's a wasteland now. Sad for the people who grew up there I suppose but there is so much rot there it kinda deserves it. This place is far better

Back