• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Female Protagonist Appreciation Day?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Would you be likely to participate in Female Protagonist Appreciation Day?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrueTroper

Awards
Hi guys.

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with my previous post that discussed the UX Protagonist and their possible canon gender. The general consensus, I think, was that the most likely outcome should the series decide to actually make their gender canon was that it would be the Male Protagonist who became canon. Although that's still disappointing news for me, I've decided to try and find a way to enjoy the fact that we just have the possibility to create a Female Protagonist and share her journey with her at all.

Which got me thinking: we have the opportunity to design a female Protagonist for Kingdom Hearts---a HEROINE who is perhaps one of the most awesome characters in the franchise... So why don't we find a way to celebrate that?! To that end, I'm wondering if we, as a community, could perhaps find a way to organize a Female Protagonist Appreciation Day to celebrate the Female Protagonist and the players who enjoy playing or those who want to support those playing as the Female Protagonist? Would anyone be interested in taking part in such an event? I'm not sure how to plan such an event, or even how popular it would be, but hey, it's worth a shot to give the Female Protagonist some well-deserved appreciation! Especially since KH has a bit of a track record when it comes to their treatment of the female characters...

And hey, maybe if the event proves popular enough to reach the KH development team (and Nomura himself), then MAYBE Nomura will be able to switch tracks and find a way to keep BOTH the Male and Female Protagonist as interchangeable heroes of the KH franchise like they are in UX--allowing players to continue to customize their playable character's appearance and gender in future games should the Protagonist reappear. After all, if one thing is certain, it's that Nomura and the KH development team are receptive to feedback. For example, Roxas' popularity with the fans saved him from being a one-off character and Nomura eventually brought him back for good in KH3. So who knows? Perhaps if we all work together, we can have some fun and change some minds while we're at it!

Date of Event: June 29, 2021!

Goals for this event:
To give an awesome female character some well deserved appreciation and attention after KH's horrible track record with its female cast.
2. To bring awareness to the fact that there are enough people out there interested in playing as a female Protagonist (or support those playing as female Protagonists) to justify keeping the UX Protagonist's "canon" appearances and references gender neutral.
3. To hopefully make the event popular enough to reach the Kingdom Hearts development team and Nomura and convince them that, should the Protagonist show up as the main playable character in future games, character customization and the ability to choose what gender you would like to play as should be part of the package of the Protagonist being "you."
(If anyone feels like these goals are strangely-worded or do not make sense, feel free to suggest edits to make them easier to understand. I'm open to feedback!)

Possible Ways To Celebrate the Event:
Fanworks. For example, fanartists can post fanart of their customized female Protagonists. Since this is KH, maybe drawing them wielding their (the artist's) favorite keyblade in an awesome pose like a true keyblade wielder, since the protagonist is supposed to be "you" anyway?
2. A costume competition for players of the UX mobile app game where the community can dress up their female Protagonist in different costumes to share with the community and viewers can vote on who has the "best" costume.
3. Sharing screenshots of your customized Female Protagonist during your favorite cutscenes from UX to pay tribute to them and their achievements. Silly, awesome, or serious, you can show that your Female Protagonist is a fleshed out character of the series in their own right by showing them participating in everything with the same, serious, goofy, or even determined manner as any other character from the main series.

I know these ideas aren't much, but hey, it's better than nothing! Also, if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, feel free to share.

Prizes to Win: What fun is a contest if there's no prizes to win? So I decided to offer some fun, Kingdom Hearts-themed prizes for those participating in the Female Protagonist Appreciation Day community event contests to win! In order to determine the winners, we can have the community members vote on which entry for which contest they like best, and the contributor who gets the most votes gets first place, second highest number of votes gets second place, and third highest number of votes gets third place.
Prizes are:
1) x3 Funko KH Mystery Minis Blind Boxes
2) x2 Kingdom Hearts Mini Canvass Board
3) x1 Kingdom Hearts Ringed Notebook
4) x3 Keyblade Charm Keyblades
* Prizes are all brand new Kingdom Hearts merchandise, still sealed and unopened.
**A winner can only win one prize per contest. Someone can enter multiple contests, and perhaps win multiple prizes, but prizes will be limited to one (1) prize per winning entry per contest. For example, there are 3 Funko Minis, but a winner does not get all 3 Funkos--just one of the Funko Mini per winning entry.
*** There are a total of nine (9) prizes to win, meaning if there are three contests, then the top three winners in each contest can each get one prize.

POSTS AND CONTEST ENTRIES
If you happen to take part in the Female Protagonist Appreciation Day event on other social media platforms other than KHInsider Forums, please hashtag your post with #KHFPAD2021 (Kingdom Hearts Female Protagonist Appreciation Day 2021). If you're submitting an entry to one of the contests for a prize, please hashtag your entry #contestentry (Contest Entry) or mention in your original post that it's a contest entry.

WANT TO SPREAD THE NEWS ABOUT KINGDOM HEARTS FEMALE PROTAGONIST APPRECIATION DAY?
  1. If you have a TUMBLR ACCOUNT, then click this link: Tumblr post, Reblog and spread the news.

Last edited:

TrueTroper

Awards
I would like to see something like this.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the date for the global version of the hasn't been revealed yet. I think the day the app goes offline (June 29) would be better because we know when it's coming and we have more time to prepare and spread the word.
That actually makes a lot more sense, especially since the final story updates for the Global version came out this morning. So let's set the date for this event as June 29!

TrueTroper

Awards
Good news, everyone! I've been thinking about this for a while, and I've decided: what use is having a contest if there's no fun prize to win? So I decided to offer some prizes for those participating in the Female Protagonist Appreciation Day community event contests.

In order to determine the winners, we can have the community members vote on which entry they like best, and the contributor who gets the most votes gets first place, second highest number of votes gets second place, and third highest number of votes gets third place.

Prizes are:
1) x3 Funko KH Mystery Minis Blind Boxes
2) x2 Kingdom Hearts Mini Canvass Board
3) x1 Kingdom Hearts Ringed Notebook
4) x3 Keyblade Charm Keyblades
* Prizes are all brand new Kingdom Hearts merchandise, still sealed and unopened.
**A winner can only win one prize per contest. Someone can enter multiple contests, and perhaps win multiple prizes, but prizes will be limited to one (1) prize per winning entry per contest. For example, there are 3 Funko Minis, but a winner does not get all 3 Funkos--just one of the Funko Mini per winning entry.

Now all we need to do is think up some fun contest ideas that people wouldn't mind participating in to win a prize!

TrueTroper

Awards
We could design a female avatar and come up with a personality for her and write a short story about her. That would be a good idea for this contest. Maybe there can be one where we draw her.
Thanks, that's definitely an option!

I'm eager to see what other ideas fans can come up with for contest ideas to support this event. After all, there's still plenty of time before the actual date of the event to brainstorm and ideas are welcome!

RonaldPoe

Awards
Female Player likely isn't canon but I kinda wish she was. She's fun, badass, and the closest thing we'll get to a female version of Xehanort. I'll miss her.

I might even make a musical theme for her some time ...

Last edited:

Willow A113

Awards
Female Player likely isn't canon but I kinda wish she was. She's fun, badass, and the closest thing we'll get to a female version of Xehanort. I'll miss her.

Male and female player are the same character with the same personality and did the same things. It’d be hard to make a theme just for the female version.

TrueTroper

Awards

I know how you feel, buddy. The female Protagonist is the closest thing female fans of KH, and fans of the BA female KH characters, have to themselves... The Female Protagonist is competent, makes her own decisions, knows how to have fun and when to be serious, has healthy relationships with people OTHER than an implied love interest (AKA actual friends), and she's one powerful keyblade wielder. It's also nice that she's brave enough to explore new worlds on her own, with little to no training to back her up in the beginning.

So, just to show the Female Protagonist some appreciation after she was sidelined by canon in Dark Road, I came up with the Female Protagonist Appreciation Day so that fans of the Female Protagonist can have a day to show their girl some support. It might not amount to much, but hey, at least I can express myself and my appreciation for my girl. You know what I mean?

A musical theme for the Female Protagonist would be so awesome! If you do create one, let me know. I'd love to hear it!

Male and female player are the same character with the same personality and did the same things. It’d be hard to make a theme just for the female version.
I think they meant that they would create a theme and dedicate it to the "Female Protagonist," just like when a fanartist draws a picture in tribute to a character they like.

RonaldPoe

Awards
I meant a piece of music incorporating different themes from KH but dedicated to Female Player. The biggest problem probably would be too many similarities between the Female Player and Player X/Male Player (they have very similar powers and personalities along with taking the same journey). I guess her theme could just be a cuter version of a general Player (Union X) theme. I'm also wondering what themes to incorporate but that could possibly be its own topic ...

Back