• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FF7 remake reborn

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

fallenangel77

I hve decided to remake a thread for all of those ff7 remake threads we lost so go ahead and post ideas of what it could have and yes I know this will make people mad cause a lot of people thought it was spam lol

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Well, when someone says remake, I say REmake. So nothing different, just better graphics and controls. That's what I see as a remake. I would want FFVII and FFVIII as a remake, since both games are sooo much better than FFX, but most people like X now since it has the best graphics.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Neo_Heartless said:
DONT TOUCH FF7. best game ever, if it aint broke dont fix it.

But it is broke...the graphics are anyways.

I agree with New2ya, just make the game exactly the same except improve the graphics and controls. Simple as that.

Xylia

Well, they should probably fix a few glitches ("Cloud...this guy are sick!" "'You wanna go again?' OPTIONS: 'No way!' 'Off course!'") and stuff like that.

But then, there are some scenes that should probably be left polygonal.

Light Conquers All

They should remake it. But only if they were sure what they were doing. Has to be identical to FFVII but just a better sinematic experience. I think they should wait til PS3 is out and do it for that. VIII and IX too!

cloud1414

Website
www.totla.biz.ly
ff7 is a great game i hope they remake it to look like ff 10 graphics that would be so cool. but about ff8, they tryed to hard on the graphics. the pixels rnt that good rly, and i cant wait till the movie comes out this yr ^^

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
RPGplaya said:
I agree. They can put it on PSP and add stuff to it, but don't change it, leave the story the way it is.
We're saying leave the story the same, just update the graphics and controls. A FFVII remake would be uber-mad. But what for, the PS2 or the PS3?

I personally would like to see the battle system similar to KH, but I understand that the FF fans love there turn-based strategy. But I think it would be sweet to run around as Cloud and fight things as you do.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Choosing between PSP remake and PS3 remake, DEFINETLY PS3 REMAKE! If you saw how good PS3 will be ingame, you will get a heart attack, hahaha. ITS AMAZING!

And FF7 and FF8 both need a remake. Definetly the best games so far, and who have the best story, characters and minigames. I think Square-Enix knows that too...

And I'm expecting it to happen. FF7 already is in the position, and FF8 get's it's chance, since many things of FF8 are in other FF games/movies now. Advent Children: Tifa has Rinoa clothes. Gunblade.
To just give an example...

Ryu

an obscene gesture
Well I also think they gave Tifa new clothes because it wouldn't actually be appropriate for a serious animated movie if she wore her old outfit. Plus, everyone would get themselves all worked up again if Tifa had her old clothes, just like they did with DOAX or FFX-2 <_< .

Tifa also plays a more serious part in AC than she did in FFVII, so a new (and more 'closed') outfit would also be appropriate.

And on-topic, I too think that if there are any FF's that deserve a remake it's FFVII or FFVIII. I don't think it'd make a lot of fans happy (think about FFX-2, FFVII BC, CC, DC...) but oh well.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I think youre wrong about how happy fans will be. Cuz I for one am DYING for a remake of 7 and 8. I seriously LOVE the two games, but they just don't fit with the current graphics...

Sooo, we need the games back in action, the Nr. 1 RPGs released, the most sold RPGs on the planet. They both sold over 8 million copies for cryin out loud!!!!!

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
To be perfectly honest, Do i think there should be remakes - Uhm, No. :)

People would start to and only play the PSP/PS3 version, and leave the original one behind. Keep as it is, that's how we see FFVII. Big eyes, no mouth, most of the time hardly any nose. Make it X-2 graphics, with the facial expressions and everything, it's just.. not FFVII.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Okay, you're right about that, but thats becuz FFX has different TYPE of graphics. If you use Dragon Quest 8 type of graphics, it would fit.

And for FFVIII, FFX graphics would be so darn AWESOME! It fits exactly!

And what would it matter if they dont play it again? Already 8 million copies are sold of both games, so I dont think it matters much...

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
I'm not talking about sales, I just mean the players.. I mean, it's just not right.
Imagine the bitch fight between Scarlet and Tifa for example.. That, and I think only would, look great the way it is.
Although i am semi agreeing with you on FFVIII - they tried so hard on the graphics they failed slightly..
But FFVII.. I dunno.. I just dont think it should be touched.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
New2Ya said:
I think youre wrong about how happy fans will be. Cuz I for one am DYING for a remake of 7 and 8. I seriously LOVE the two games, but they just don't fit with the current graphics...

Sooo, we need the games back in action, the Nr. 1 RPGs released, the most sold RPGs on the planet. They both sold over 8 million copies for cryin out loud!!!!!

Well think about how most fans reacted when they heard they were making 4 pre/se-quels on the basis of FFVII. Most fans were pissed off I can tell ya that. Now we know that for example Crisis Core has some interesting original features (make Materia with your mobile phone camera) fans start to calm down. All I'm saying is that not everyone will agree on a remake.

I think I hafta go along with VersionX, a sequel or prequel could turn out to be quite good, but a remake will piss a lot of people off.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Remember, sequel is different from remake. I dont prefer a sequel either, since it can ruin a game. But a remake, is just the same but with better graphics!

And hey, think about it, it will definetly sell better than FFX, since 7 has more fans, and will have more fans after it...

Oh and about the bitch fight, I think it could work out actually with FFX graphics, since we all like to see Tifa fighting with Scarlet, better graphics are even better, hahahaha!!!

What I mean is, sales do matter to Square-enix, you will buy it too, no doubt! And it would bring the game back in action. I want everyone to know 7 and 8!

Imagine Cloud fighting with Sephiroth FFX graphics. Imagine Balamb Garden (8) FFX graphics. Imagine, stop dreaming after it, and then cross you fingers.

I sure will!

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Ahhh no I don't like it.. The ONLY way I would accept a remake is if it was FFVII FMV Sequence quality, I can imagine the Tifa and Scarlet fight like that. But anything less, personally, is a total waste of time.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
New2Ya said:
Remember, sequel is different from remake. I dont prefer a sequel either, since it can ruin a game. But a remake, is just the same but with better graphics!

And hey, think about it, it will definetly sell better than FFX, since 7 has more fans, and will have more fans after it...

Oh and about the bitch fight, I think it could work out actually with FFX graphics, since we all like to see Tifa fighting with Scarlet, better graphics are even better, hahahaha!!!

What I mean is, sales do matter to Square-enix, you will buy it too, no doubt! And it would bring the game back in action. I want everyone to know 7 and 8!

Imagine Cloud fighting with Sephiroth FFX graphics. Imagine Balamb Garden (8) FFX graphics. Imagine, stop dreaming after it, and then cross you fingers.

I sure will!

Sure Cloud fighting with Sephi would look cool in FFX graphics, but there are a LOT of fans out there who believe in the 'sanctity' of the old FFVII.

I know a sequel is different from a remake, that's why I'm saying: a sequel could turn out to be good, since there are new gameplay elements, a new story, and so on. But a remake, is just the same game with better graphics, like you said.

A lot of FFVII fans out there think FFVII is so great, because the graphics were way ahead of their time. That was something special. And yeah of course I'd buy it, and I'm not saying it won't sell, I'm just saying that many hardcore FF fans will get kinda angry.

... and now that you mention Scarlet and Tifa... BRING ON TEH BITCH FIGHT !! I am totally in favor of FFVII remake right now, forget everything I said, let's do this !! XD

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Hahaha.

And about graphics far ahead of their time? They actually sucked big time, even for that time. Think Gran Turismo, talk again, hahaha.

I mean, the graphcis sucked! They were meant for the N64, they were Zelda type, they were ugly...

Buuut, I kinda understand what you both say...I just want the remake to happen!!

Imagine Nibelheim, the whole journey there! Imagine Aerith's *coughspoiler* death... Simply amazing! Imagine Cloud in Lifestream. Definetly somethign I want to see in FFX grpahics! Imagine to hear their voices...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back