• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FF7R + OG Cloud, Implications for future plot points

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nighthawk711

Awards
As someone who has played the OG multiple since 2000, I have always felt the vague and incomplete dialogue/translations had more meaning.. I always had some head canon that there was minor truths to Sephiroth’s manipulation (and it is known the story wasn’t fully fleshed out.. due to many limitations in 1995.)

SO here’s some OG + Remake scenes that I feel are intertwined and appear to have implications toward the future complexity of the story:

Sephiroth says Cloud is a puppet a lot, but later he claims he is an actual clone “constructed piece by piece” He further claims that Jenova can alter their flesh, voice, etc. and that his memories are from Tifa’s ...

Which we DO see in the next scene, when a clone poses as Tifa/Seph to get the black material from Red/or Barret (OG northern crater, Nibelheim illusion). [AND in AC when Kadaj transforms to Sephi👀]

So assuming we will see more morphing.... moving on:

Remake- @Deepground, the test tubes cause Cloud to see flashback of his SELF sitting in the container. But how would he see himself!? Aside from lifestream “magic”, there’s possibilities..

1) part of Zacks “memory” merged into Clouds- seems too complex to be explained later in the story especially if Zack is TRULY alive. But then again, Hojo... could have connected their cells somehow? it is FF after all and they were already connected through Jenova cells. So if it is confirmed to be Zack's memory/or the lifestream then the clone theory would be probably debunked. BUT..

2) The Remake Cloud could be a true Jenova/Sephi clone that SAW OG Cloud in that test tube, then MORPHED into a copy of him......... 🤯

I mean it’s possible? Right? If so, maybe the real Cloud really did get drug back to Midgar by Zack, but we still don’t know the timing of those intermission scenes and how there would be two buster swords. Maybe Zack took the wrong Cloud to Midgar and leaves him by the train temporarily when Tifa finds him. He had to leave him somewhere safe to not be found by Shinra, so I don’t really think that’s the case... and this gap is where I’m hoping to hear other opinions. I mean even in the OG when Cloud starts accepting Sephiroth’s words I started to think maybe he was a complete clone and the real Cloud died. It would be emotional but there’s so much to the story that I feel is gonna blow our minds.

Thanks for reading my inner thoughts! feel free to converse, I may add further details to the comments.

One more thought about Sephiroth’s comments in OG northern crater: how could Jenova use Tifa’s memory to fill Cloud’s void of a memory? Well... in the Icicle village Ifalna explains that Jenova approached the Cetra as their “dead brothers and mothers” ... so I get the feeling some serious alien powers are going to be made more evident in Remake. Jenova must be able to read people’s mind or connect to the lifestream and search for their dead loved ones to further manipulate and persuade people into her/it’s plan.

Back