• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FF7R Possible Tie in to Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Eonstar890

Awards
In KH3 Sora barely survives the prophecy that "light will expire", but he is able to cling on to life thanks to Kairi believing he could. He ends up in the final world, and uses his power to rewrite the events of the past so that the guardians are not immediately defeated by Terra-Xehanort. In interviews and what not, the creators have described this event as a singularity.

Once again after defying the fate set for Kairi by returning her to the RoL, Sora fades away and ends up in the final world.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zetsumei

Awards
If there is a crossover at all it will probably take the form of a datascape or a dreamworld.

My best theory atm is that FF worlds with respect to KH are all video games like Verum Rex, which in KH terms would make them datascapes similar to the Tron world.

I think this is why Yozora was introduced, to show us how these FF characters came to arrive in KH and how it might become possible for us to visit these worlds.

KH so far has focused mainly on travel to Disney worlds, and my hope is that the next saga will expand the KH universe to include travel to FF worlds as well.

What I'm not sure they'll actually do though is make the FF worlds in KH connect canonically to the actual FF universes of their respective games.

The best comparison I can think of is how FFXIV handles locations and references to other FF titles. For example in FFXIV you have characters that appear such as Kefka, Exdeath, Ramza, and locations such as Ivalice, or Doma, but the similarities end with name and appearance only. They all have their own in universe lore that is separate from the lore of the FF games that they come from.

There are some special cases, however, during certain special events where characters are supposed to have visited FFXIV's universe from their respective canonical FF universes. These include characters like Lightning, Noctis, and Shantotto, who all were explained to have arrived in FFXIV due to canonical reasons and then returned to their own worlds after the event. FFXIV's universe itself is actually referred to as a dreamworld with respect to these characters.

So while it is possible they could choose to go either way, I think its more likely that they would choose to make non canonical FF worlds for KH and not have the two universes lore collide directly with each other.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I just finished FFVIIR
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I also noticed that
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oh and also
Spoiler Spoiler Show

That being said, I'd love to see FFVII(R) references or characters return in future KH games. Like I'd love to have an adult Zack wandering in Yozora's vicinity or a slightly-older BBS Zack in TWEWY.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
And KH Aerith could help Yozora reunite with the Nameless Star somehow.

Back