• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FFXV in KHIII

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xera Highwind

After playing the new Platinum Demo:Final Fantasy XV, I realized how much inspiration Square Enix took from Kingdom Hearts. The battle system flows a lot like Kingdom Hearts and the 2nd area (where Noctis is mini) even looks a lot like Castle of Dreams on Ventus' story, with the stacked books as platforms and such.

Then I got thinking how awesome it would be if we went there as a world in KHIII. I would be amazing to have Noctis as a party member, and I could only see Noctis and Sora getting in arguments over the silliest things like who gets to sit where in the car. XD I really like the idea of FFXV in KHIII, what do you all think? And what kind of story could you all see in the world?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
After playing the new Platinum Demo:Final Fantasy XV, I realized how much inspiration Square Enix took from Kingdom Hearts. The battle system flows a lot like Kingdom Hearts and the 2nd area (where Noctis is mini) even looks a lot like Castle of Dreams on Ventus' story, with the stacked books as platforms and such.

Then I got thinking how awesome it would be if we went there as a world in KHIII. I would be amazing to have Noctis as a party member, and I could only see Noctis and Sora getting in arguments over the silliest things like who gets to sit where in the car. XD I really like the idea of FFXV in KHIII, what do you all think? And what kind of story could you all see in the world?
Funny how it's all come full circle, isn't it?

When I first heard that FFXV was going to have KH-style combat, I couldn't help but imagine Sora trying to teach Noctis all the basics of hack-and-slash combat. tbh though, after seeing the demo, I'd rather have kid Noct and his Carbuncle to make an appearance instead.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
During the early stages of Final Fantasy XV, Nomura treated Noctis like a second Sora. He had so much backstory and lore prepared for Noctis before Tabata took over the project creatively. I imagine Noctis to be a resident of Twilight Town (and probably be the rival against Seifer as opposed to Leon).

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Given Nomura's history with FFXV... I don't know. I could see it happening either way. Like Nomura wants Noctis in the game as way to have control over his character again, or Nomura wouldn't want him in the game because it would just remind him of FFXV and what happened.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Hey, maybe Stella i a princess of heart instead of Kairi! (^:

Anyways, I still don't feel like the gameplaystyles are that similar. Sure it's both action based buuuut.........
I wouldn't mind XV to be in KH though, but since no FF ever got an own world in KH yet, I don't think that'll happen.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Noctis in DI would be pretty cool. Maybe he could have been the ones to teach Sora and Riku basic swordfighting while they were still small kids :)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I definitely want Noctis in KH3. I wonder if Lightning might appear as well, and it'd be great to have both of them. However, if for some reason only one of them could be included, definitely Noctis. In fact, I remember somewhere during the ten years of FFXV's journey that Nomura said that Noctis was supposed to be the opposite of Sora, personality-wise. If that has remained in Noctis' character and he were to appear in KH3, that could make for a really interesting "opposites attract" scenario (no, not as a shipping pair) or it could create a butting heads scenario, either of which would be cool.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Noctis appears with his friends in the credits as a new generation of kiddos playing on the island/living in the castle of Hollow Bastion.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I definitely want Noctis in KH3. I wonder if Lightning might appear as well, and it'd be great to have both of them. However, if for some reason only one of them could be included, definitely Noctis. In fact, I remember somewhere during the ten years of FFXV's journey that Nomura said that Noctis was supposed to be the opposite of Sora, personality-wise. If that has remained in Noctis' character and he were to appear in KH3, that could make for a really interesting "opposites attract" scenario (no, not as a shipping pair) or it could create a butting heads scenario, either of which would be cool.
idk i feel like we kinda already got that with Neku, no?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
idk i feel like we kinda already got that with Neku, no?

True. Now that I think about it, Neku does seem like the opposite of Sora in almost every way, even in TWEWY. Huh. And that game came out a year after Versus was announced. I wonder why Nomura created two characters with anti-Sora personalities?

Well, in that case, let's just hope Noctis doesn't spend all his time brooding about like Cloud does in all the games.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Given Nomura's history with FFXV... I don't know. I could see it happening either way. Like Nomura wants Noctis in the game as way to have control over his character again, or Nomura wouldn't want him in the game because it would just remind him of FFXV and what happened.

Really? was Nomura really bitter about the creative changes towards Final Fantasy XV? Cause I think part of the reason as to why Kingdom Hearts III was supposed to initially be released after Versus XIII was to have Noctis be featured in Kingdom Hearts III?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why can't Noctis just be in that new world, Cable Town, as a young kid with his three best friends and still be a pretty good fighter? Literally the easiest and best way to have Noctis in the game and Sora can truly be the "big bro" to Noctis like how Nomura thinks of Sora and Noctis (Sora being the older brother, Noctis being the younger brother).

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Really? was Nomura really bitter about the creative changes towards Final Fantasy XV? Cause I think part of the reason as to why Kingdom Hearts III was supposed to initially be released after Versus XIII was to have Noctis be featured in Kingdom Hearts III?

No, originally Kingdom Hearts III was going to be released later because the original Kingdom Hearts team was preoccupied with V. XIII

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Well, if he was he certainly did have some reasons for it as Versus XIII was originally planned to be his very last (and biggest) involvement with the Final Fantasy series at all. Not only was the development of Versus XIII saddled with many technical problems the team working on it was also often split up and had resources drained off elsewhere to help out with other projects at Square like i.e. Toriyama's stupid "Lightning Saga" (when Final Fantasy XIII should just have been left a single game like most of the other mainline FFs).
Kingdom Hearts III was supposed to be not even a thing until Versus XIII was finished because the original KH team was supposed to be working on that title full time. That's the reason why in so many interviews from 2005 to 2011 Nomura did state there are no plans at all for KH III and to "forget" about KH III. It certainly was not solely about "featuring Versus XIII characters in KH".
Versus XIII could be called Nomura's biggest "pet" project and his aim to realize a true (last) big bang with the Final Fantasy series on his part.

Literally the easiest and best way to have Noctis in the game and Sora can truly be the "big bro" to Noctis like how Nomura thinks of Sora and Noctis (Sora being the older brother, Noctis being the younger brother).

Which is in-universe spoken certainly somewhat ironic as everything about Noctis from appearance, personality and abilities actually paints him as the older brother, lol.

No, originally Kingdom Hearts III was going to be released later because the original Kingdom Hearts team was preoccupied with V. XIII

This.
Originally Nomura did not even want to make KH III before Versus XIII was ready, but the constant whining and complaining of the casual fanbase, Square getting a new president plus (apparently) Disney speaking up resulted in KH III being brought to the table earlier than Nomura actually wanted/planned.
He even stated in one of the interviews of E3 2013 that he felt announcing KH III officially was too early.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Which is in-universe spoken certainly somewhat ironic as everything about Noctis from appearance, personality and abilities actually paints him as the older brother, lol.

I don't know about personality...Noctis is pretty silly in his own right, and all of his friends treat him like the baby. They even make jokes about how he's barely grown past being a teenager and how he rushes into things without thinking lol

It was a funny thing when we were first told about how Nomura sees Sora as the big bro and Noct as the little bro at E3 2013, though. It is meant to be silly because of the age difference between the two. =D

Which is why I'd like to see Noct aged down if he were to ever appear in KH3 because we could see Noctis being kind of bratty and cute with Sora acting like a more mature but fun-loving older bro-type character to Noct.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Why can't Noctis just be in that new world, Cable Town, as a young kid with his three best friends and still be a pretty good fighter? Literally the easiest and best way to have Noctis in the game and Sora can truly be the "big bro" to Noctis like how Nomura thinks of Sora and Noctis (Sora being the older brother, Noctis being the younger brother).
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

That'd be so awesome, imo! Maybe Young Noct from the Demo even?
Give him the hammer! And the sword! And the fireworks!

Plus, he'd be the first child-party-member, right? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back