• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Field Themes?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mittens

I'm sorry if there's already a thread like this, but I couldn't find one so I thought I'd give it a try!

I've been listening to all of the field songs from all KH games so far, and of course again I am in newfound awe of what Yoko Shimomura is capble of. She's just incredible and captures the essence she needs to so beautifully.

I thought it might be cool to discuss what themes could possibly sound like for the worlds as they are announced! (At the time of making this post the Disney worlds we know are coming are Olympus Coliseum, a Tangled world and a Big Hero 6 world)

Also, as a quick question, does anybody know if they release the field themes prior to release or is it something none of us will know until we have the game? I'm so curious but I also really want to go to a world and be completely taken in by the sights and sounds, not 100% knowing what to expect.

Anyway, what do you all think? :)

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
As far as I know, most if not all of the field themes are usually never released until after the release of the game. I don't quite recall if any field themes were used in commercials for the game or trailers for the game. Almost everything that I can recall are battle themes and main themes.

Anyways, back to the original question. I would absolutely love it if Yoko Shimomura continued her excellent job with field themes that she has in the past. I would love to see more music from the Disney movies and such, but those are usually what I want to hear in cutscenes and the occasional boss fight.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, unless they put them in a trailer we probably won't hear them much. And they usually put title music/battle themes in the trailers not like just plain field music. On that note, I think all the worlds so far Yoko will go the original song route with. She only sparingly redoes existing Disney music. Big Hero 6 especially didn't have super memorable music tbh.

I think a Frozen world has a chance of Let it Go showing up in some fashion. And I know I would prefer it as an orchestrated field theme.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
it would actually be better for this to be discussed in the music of kingdom hearts thread. i doubt we'll hear any music outside of trailers before the release unless the playstation store has a soundtrack preorder bonus for III.

mittens

The same fan who made a Yoko Shimomura-inspired KH3 theme for Pocahontas also did the same for Frozen. Based around "Do You Want to Build a Snowman"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q073Ha7JK8Y

BlueNocturne is incredible with what they do! Every so often when the hype gets a bit too much I'll visit their channel and just play through everything.

I also like this if we're talking Frozen worlds and going the whole "Let It Go" route: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpo29a4yqJ0

It doesn't sound very Kingdom Hearts-y to me but that's probably because I assume whoever made it was working with limited resources. The concept, I love!

DoctahFaz

Awards
BlueNocturne is incredible with what they do! Every so often when the hype gets a bit too much I'll visit their channel and just play through everything.

I also like this if we're talking Frozen worlds and going the whole "Let It Go" route: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpo29a4yqJ0

It doesn't sound very Kingdom Hearts-y to me but that's probably because I assume whoever made it was working with limited resources. The concept, I love!

Strangely enough, (and yes, I know what I'm suggesting that they have inside knowledge of the game's worlds is unlikely so it's probably just a coincidence) but they have uploaded a total of 3 battle themes: Frozen, Big Hero 6, and Tangled. Two of those three have been confirmed for KH3, yet they uploaded these battle themes several months ago before they were even announced to be in the game!

mittens

Strangely enough, (and yes, I know what I'm suggesting that they have inside knowledge of the game's worlds is unlikely so it's probably just a coincidence) but they have uploaded a total of 3 battle themes: Frozen, Big Hero 6, and Tangled. Two of those three have been confirmed for KH3, yet they uploaded these battle themes several months ago before they were even announced to be in the game!

You're right! BlueNctrne conspiracy? Haha :tongue:

I believe I've also seen a Toy Story battle theme and a Pocahontas theme too on their channel.
Yeah, here! :

[video=youtube;An1SCBe-0wE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An1SCBe-0wE[/video]

[video=youtube;bKD5WN47DOU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKD5WN47DOU[/video]

Personally, I absolutely adore the "Colours of the Wind" throwback in the Pocahontas arrangement. Gives me chills!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back